No answer

Vaneska - Heavens Tear
Vaneska - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
edited November 2008 in Support Desk
I have still the same problem. I didnt receive answer from tech support<i sent 4 tickets!> Page cannot be found and all severs are ---. Do u have any other ideas how to help me?
Post edited by Vaneska - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Ennvi - Lost City
    Ennvi - Lost City Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    only 4 tickets??
    ive sent at least 30 over 13 days, spammed the GM button, and sent stuff on forum and what do we get????
    sweet F all
    and they have the nerve to put on screen messages saying to use the ticket system yet cant reply in over 13 days to 30 mails and a spammed GM button in game.

well dont PWI your tech support is becoming like ALL other F2PMMO ....... ****. and unfortunatly if your tech support cant handel issues then you will go the same way as alot of mmos........
    go check codemasters forums for examples.

or JUST FKN HELP and do your job
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I'm certain sending multiple copies of the same message really made life easier for the people sifting through it.

Please download and install nmap. Go to C:\Program Files\Nmap\zenmap\zenmap.exe, double-click that file, and in the resulting window, type in the command "nmap -p29000 -PN pwigc3.perfectworld.com", click scan, and wait til you see the word "unknown" pop up, and tell us what results you get. If you see the word "open", it means that there's something on your computer blocking the game from accessing the internet, usually Windows Firewall, PeerGuardian or another software firewall, or ElementClient does not have permission to access the game. If it says Blocked, Stealthed, or something similar to that, it means that your ISP or a hardware firewall blocking access.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vaneska - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    PORT STATE SERVICE VERSION

29000/tcp open unknown

Warning: OSScan results may be unreliable because we could not find at least 1 open and 1 closed port
    Warning: Hostname pwigc3.perfectworld.com resolves to 8 IPs.
    Discovered open port 29000/tcp on 64.74.134.53

I turned off my firewall so it cant be this. What now?:O
  • daraia
    daraia Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I tried this and it said
    Warning: Hostname pwigc3.perfectworld.com resolves to 8 IPs. Using 64.74.134.57.

dnet: Failed to open device eth9

QUITTING!

What does this mean?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vaneska - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    Daraia do u have the same problem?:O
  • daraia
    edited November 2008
    Well, once i'm ingame I get "unable to connect" when I try to log in.. I was browsing the forums and saw this...pretty desperate to get it fixed so I tried it ^_^

Where do you get "page cannot be found?" Do you get it on the patcher or ingame the little message thingy? Cause mine says that (well, something like that) for a second before it loads the message in the game. I'unno.

Game used to work for me...*sigh*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vaneska - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    Its everytime when Im ingame. Then pops up this little window:Page cannot be found. It started after patch 35 :/ I downloaded it as always and since this time I cant play:( Dont wanna give up PW:( I used to buy ZEN every week so its a pity :(
  • banglasoilder2k9
    banglasoilder2k9 Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    i try 2 log in but it says "unable 2 connect to server"
  • aj007
    aj007 Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    i have the exact same problem. My lil' brother sent a ticket, I've posted in threads, ect. The launcher says 'page cannot be found' and the patcher doesn't connect to the server, and when I start the game a messege pops up that says 'page cannot be found' and the servers status just says
    . Then when I log in it says 'cannot connect to server'. I turned off my firewall, so I have no clue. But I'm having the same problem and by the looks of the other threads i've been posting on, several others are too.
  • Vaneska - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    b:cry b:cry b:cry
  • aj007
    edited November 2008
    i agree.
    If so many people are having this trouble, and most of them had their firewalls off, then I doubt nmap will help.......

(just voicing my opinion)
  • Vaneska - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    There must be problem with the patch then:(
  • aj007
    edited November 2008
    Possibly. But I'm not sure if that explains the launcher showing no internet page and not automaticly patching...
  • daraia
    edited November 2008
    If its something with the patch, what makes US the group of people that are having issues?

Maybe we should state our specs and see if we have anything in common that may be causing this..

(Programs, virus protection etc)

I don't know....just want to somehow fix this xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vaneska - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    Me too. I did everything what I could do<what was in posts> still doesnt work:( Anyone know good computer engeener? XD
  • Vaneska - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    im desperate and depressed and dissapoited and propably few other words on D and maybe few on F b:shutup b:cry
  • daraia
    edited November 2008
    Yeah, i'm so bored. I'm actually playing...uh...
    a very boring and sucky game ^_^
    (Eh, would it be considered advertising to say it?)

Just a question for you guys -
    Everyone who is having this problem do you run Windows Vista?

Maybe that has something to do with it? o_O
    The patch doesn't work with vista? I don't know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aj007
    edited November 2008
    I know a good computer engineer, (sorta), but I'd doubt he could do anything about it........ ARG! I dunno, I'm on a HP Windows Vista home office laptop, using a plain windows firewall, idk on the anti-virus software, and I downloaded the product from perfectworld.com, but I used the multi-file thing. I patched with the #1-40 thing, and i just finished installing it yesterday, but I uninstalled and re-installed, and then I just deleted it all together, and now I have to re-download it again.
  • sherbet
    sherbet Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I agree, it seems vista users are really effected, it could just be your vista, if it was the patch itself it would have effected all US pwi users.
    Maybe try some updates and mess around with settings? I know right now my internet is wierd so thats causing a lot of my problems (holidays D:).
  • aj007
    edited November 2008
    i've updated everything within the last couple of months....do you think I need to update anything if it was only in the late summer that I did? and if so, what do you suggest updating?
  • sherbet
    edited November 2008
    I had updates on my window xp every week, do you have windows xp or vista? ( i know there was an add on to windows xp when I re downloaded it in order to get updates, I don't know if the same goes for you).

If you have any problems with lagging also update your graphics, that helped me a lot.
  • daraia
    edited November 2008
    Why doesn't ANYONE know what's going on though? I mean, not everyone is having this problem but there are sure quite a few of us that are. It's really annoying me >.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aj007
    edited November 2008
    vista home office laptop. IDK on the lagging, because I haven't played the game yet.
  • kreg26
    kreg26 Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    daraia wrote: »
    Yeah, i'm so bored. I'm actually playing...uh...
    a very boring and sucky game ^_^
    (Eh, would it be considered advertising to say it?)

Just a question for you guys -
    Everyone who is having this problem do you run Windows Vista?

Maybe that has something to do with it? o_O
    The patch doesn't work with vista? I don't know.

I am running XP. No luck. I just want to see some server info at this point. Status/ping/etc...

If i can deal with that now, i'll worry about actually playing later.

So pathetic.
  • sherbet
    edited November 2008
    The servers are up and running and doing fine, it maybe be that just something in your computer doesn't agree.
    What have you all tried? (please don't say everything that doesn't help XD)
  • kreg26
    kreg26 Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    sherbet wrote: »
    The servers are up and running and doing fine, it maybe be that just something in your computer doesn't agree.

I have tried everything I have read...

opening port 29000
    turning off windows firewall
    I have no other security software
    Un-intalling/Re-installing
    Repatching
    ETC...
  • daraia
    edited November 2008
    sherbet wrote: »

Rofl. Every single thing that has ever been stated on this forum.
    Opening the 29,000 port, turning off virus protection, turning off firewall, turning off UAC, reinstalling, doing the Nmap thing...just...everything..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aj007
    edited November 2008
    well, actually, it is everything that doesn't help.

-turning off firewall
    -re-installing (and now currently re-downloading)
    -staying up half the night asking around on forums to figure out what's wrong

apparently, looking at this list, I see that I haven't done much, but I'm not sure what else to do. You were talking about updates...?
  • sherbet
    edited November 2008
    Aj: I had this problem where the page wouldn't show up really, it'd be rare if it did and when i'd get in game it'd DC, then I just did all the updates I haven't done on my computer and it started working.

I also remember a mod or GM talking about opening the element client in your task bar and selecting a setting, either through right click or a tab, it started with an A i think, I don't quite have vista so I don't know what they would be talking about ]:
    I don't know if that would help or if you've done it but I'm just trying to open some suggestions up to maybe help solve it.

I know its frustrating but it'll get fixed :3 just need to keep trying.
  • aj007
    edited November 2008
    I mean what kind of updates, like to the video card, the....um.....(suddenly can't think of any other computer parts DX )
This discussion has been closed.