About the Jones Blessing complaints.

Amiris - Sanctuary
Amiris - Sanctuary Posts: 1,167 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Chronicles
I just have some things I'd like to say regarding the matter.
1) Yes, it's unfair. However, I bet 99% of the people complaining wouldn't do so if they were among the ones with a blessing.
2) The people who still have a Blessing didn't know this would happen. The deleting of Jones' Blessing quest was completely unexpected.
3) Instead of taking out everyone's blessing, a better solution would be to just give everyone one more at the moment they got deleted, so they'd all end at the same time. That way, the people that only recently got one don't just lose theirs.
4) If you don't like it this way, then don't PvP until every Blessing has ended. Or take a break for a week or so.
5) Live with it. These things happen, it's just a game.

There. Also, I won't be looking at any more JB rant topics from this point on (excluding this topic, though this is a rant about ranting), they're pointless anyway. Thanks for reading.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Credit to Symour for the signature.
Amiris is my forum character. My actual main is Andralia.
1,000 posts as of 10/01/09, which was also my birthday!
Post edited by Amiris - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Kaelis - Heavens Tear
    Kaelis - Heavens Tear Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    eh and i just got ksed 50+ times by a cleric lower lvl than me cos he had a blessing so i guess we shouldn't pve for a week either huh?

so pretty much your saying don't play for a week instead of getting a big problem fixed......good advice why don't we all just quit that will solve the problem as well
  • Amiris - Sanctuary
    edited November 2008
    If he KS's you, that means that PERSON is at fault, not his blessing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kaelis - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    but its not his fault he has an unfair advantage because he has 4 days left on his blessing
  • peregryn
    peregryn Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    eh and i just got ksed 50+ times by a cleric lower lvl than me cos he had a blessing so i guess we shouldn't pve for a week either huh?

so pretty much your saying don't play for a week instead of getting a big problem fixed......good advice why don't we all just quit that will solve the problem as well

*chuckles* that is less a problem with having or not having a blessing, than the player in question being an Idiot, KS'ers will do their thing regardless.

And no, that is not what she is suggesting. Granted a little warning would have been nice before they did this, but it is hardly "A big problem". In any game on the market (paid or free) a certain % will act like idiots, things like this simply make them a bit worse 'Temporarily'.

Surely you don't think 'every' person who got the blessing just before quest was removed is going to be abusing it .... do you?
    Perhaps the greatest secret to getting along with others lies in learning to respect their opinion(s) even while you disagree with them.
  • Kaelis - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    nope but a high enough percentage will i've already seen a few people that are red names when i've never seen them even pink named before
  • Mua - Lost City
    Mua - Lost City Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    nope but a high enough percentage will i've already seen a few people that are red names when i've never seen them even pink named before

Oh yes, clearly this is to do with the blessing, nothing to do with the fact that people may have just got some better pvp gear, or maybe got some new skills (stun perhaps?) or maybe got bored of constant PVE... I could go on forever.

I spy the flaw of cause and effect!
    Mua - 8x WF - Conqueror
  • Kaelis - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    lol please do not talk what you know nothing about i am saying what i know to be a fact i personally know people that are whitenamed for the first time now and killing everyone they see nevermind how bad it must be on the pvp server no blessing would mean you can't play

but thank you for the giggle b:laugh
  • Mua - Lost City
    edited November 2008
    lol please do not talk what you know nothing

No, thank you for the laugh!

Even if you know real examples, to try and say that it means things will be similar all over is generalisation. Either way, your argument is flawed.
    Mua - 8x WF - Conqueror
  • Kaelis - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    do you actually have a point or are you just spamming for attention?

because you are not even attempting to contribute to the conversation
  • Amiris - Sanctuary
    edited November 2008
    Hilarious how I make a thread, explaining why I'm against the JB ranting, and it turns into a JB rant thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mua - Lost City
    edited November 2008
    do you actually have a point or are you just spamming for attention?

because you are not even attempting to contribute to the conversation

I actually agree with the OP's points, and your counter-arguments are not only silly but they're not even valid.

If you want a point, here's one. There will always be KSers.You're on the Heaven's Tear Server, so you can just turn off your PVP and go play already. Jonas Blessing means very little to you guys, except obviously in TW.

So if that cleric or whoever is bugging you, try some common sense and find other mobs to kill. Even if you only have one quest left, there's this amazing thing called grinding that you could try.

Hopefully other people whining about the blessing can read this topic as well.
    Mua - 8x WF - Conqueror
  • Kaelis - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    you agree with the OP's points? well obviously you should go back and read them

the OP said that it is unfair and that everyone should have them but you are saying that it is fair so you are contradicting yourself

i'm actually agreeing with the OP more than you are since we are both saying it is unfair we are just just suggesting different ways to fix it

and no you can not just "turn off" pvp mode you obviously don't know how it works on the pve server so do not comment on it

when did i say anything about a quest? almost every single post you have made on this forum is just randomly arguing with people about the blessing why is that? can't grief people on your server so you come to the forum to grief people?

you are not playing on our server maybe yours is different, i'm saying what is happening so how can you say it is not when your not on our server
  • Darknin - Lost City
    Darknin - Lost City Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    People care too much about others opinions.b:cute

~Brings forum on topic~
    I think that the Jones Blessing should be given out to the newest players, right when they start the game, It would benefit them more then us, and cause less problems other people have that shouldn't bother them at all.b:bye

~Enjoys last few hours of JB =(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mua - Lost City
    edited November 2008
    Hilarious how I make a thread, explaining why I'm against the JB ranting, and it turns into a JB rant thread.

Irony b:pleased

the OP said that it is unfair and that everyone should have them but you are saying that it is fair so you are contradicting yourself

i'm actually agreeing with the OP more than you are since we are both saying it is unfair we are just just suggesting different ways to fix it

and no you can not just "turn off" pvp mode you obviously don't know how it works on the pve server so do not comment on it

when did i say anything about a quest? almost every single post you have made on this forum is just randomly arguing with people about the blessing why is that? can't grief people on your server so you come to the forum to grief people?

you are not playing on our server maybe yours is different, i'm saying what is happening so how can you say it is not when your not on our server

I'm going to make this my last post because you're just saying rubbish for the sake of it, and you're using your stupidity to back up your whining.

I don't seem to remember saying that it is fair. It is not fair, but that is no reason to whine so much about the JB and blame it for every little thing.

I don't really care about the PVE servers, so let's not let this turn into Carebears VS Bullies.

If you don't have a quest then you really are quite stupid, to let yourself be ksed 50 times.

There are some great points in this thread, but you had to ruin it with a stupid comment ("so pretty much your saying don't play for a week instead of getting a big problem fixed......"). I'm hoping you whiners can shut up and drop this already because it drives me mad to see all these people getting worked up over this.
    Mua - 8x WF - Conqueror
  • dekciw
    dekciw Posts: 954 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Indeed, you should actually be happy that the quest is gone not sure why rant at all but I guess there is always people that are unhappy.
    ZzXVdr5.png
  • Kaelis - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    There are some great points in this thread, but you had to ruin it with a stupid comment ("so pretty much your saying don't play for a week instead of getting a big problem fixed......"). I'm hoping you whiners can shut up and drop this already because it drives me mad to see all these people getting worked up over this.
    4) If you don't like it this way, then don't PvP until every Blessing has ended. Or take a break for a week or so.

so who said it me or her? i'm sorry i didn't realise this forum belonged to you and we all deserve to be randomly flamed by you because we reply to OP's
    I don't really care about the PVE servers, so let's not let this turn into Carebears VS Bullies.

well we are talking about pve servers so if you don't care why are you even reading this topic?
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Funny that, I know a number of people who just got new levels (I helped them get them) and have turned PvP on.... and only one of them has a JB. I don't have a JB, and went PvP last night to deal with someone harassing a faction member..... While all those white names may very well have JB's, consider that there is a fair chance that if they do, other PVP'rs do as well, and the load is balanced and if they dont well.. they just need to turn PvP off for a while (on the PvE servers anyway).

KS'rs will be asshats to start with. If someone is KS'ing you, do the smart thing, go somewhere else, or get a friend to come in and KS them for a while to teach them a lesson (it DOES work). Whining on the forums about someone having an Unfair Advantage, just because they were lucky enough to get something you didn't is childish. I didn't get a Midnight (and spent a cpl hundred bucks trying to get one) but ain't whining about it, thats just how the cookie crumbled for me.

JB is how the cookie is crumbling for you, relax, take it in stride, and find other things to do in the meantime if it bothers you so much.

~Saitada
  • Kaelis - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    Funny that, I know a number of people who just got new levels (I helped them get them) and have turned PvP on.... and only one of them has a JB. I don't have a JB, and went PvP last night to deal with someone harassing a faction member..... While all those white names may very well have JB's, consider that there is a fair chance that if they do, other PVP'rs do as well, and the load is balanced and if they dont well.. they just need to turn PvP off for a while (on the PvE servers anyway).

KS'rs will be asshats to start with. If someone is KS'ing you, do the smart thing, go somewhere else, or get a friend to come in and KS them for a while to teach them a lesson (it DOES work). Whining on the forums about someone having an Unfair Advantage, just because they were lucky enough to get something you didn't is childish. I didn't get a Midnight (and spent a cpl hundred bucks trying to get one) but ain't whining about it, thats just how the cookie crumbled for me.

JB is how the cookie is crumbling for you, relax, take it in stride, and find other things to do in the meantime if it bothers you so much.

~Saitada

really ok wow that's interesting so quote one place where somebody was whining?

and its not luck people some people knew it was going be deleted so they sold theirs to the shop and got a new one couple hours before the update and since you shouldn't be able to sell it and get a new one that should be classed as a bug and therefore they were exploiting

so please no more comments about people saying random stuff that has got nothing to do with what i am talking about just because things are one way with you don't try to force that opinion on me because i was merely stating a fact i know people that knew it was getting removed so got new ones and are now red names and making millions of people that don't have the blessing

so it is a problem that people are being allowed to profit from an oversight by the gms so should be fixed the OP said everyone should get one to make it fair not me
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited November 2008
    Funny you should say that. "Knew it was getting removed" Well then... that would imply they either took the time to read patch notes (if any) or were informed by a GM... as I seriosuly doubt they were informed by a GM, and I don't recall any patch notes about it before the patch was implemented (but could be wrong as I didn't actually look to see if there WERE any notes on it), I'd have to say.. they were just lucky and your spewing sour grapes because you didn't get a new one yourself and now you feel slighted and shorted for that lack.

Anyway, no matter how you slice it, it is fair, and nobody is gaining an unfair advantage because everyone had the same chances and options that everyone else had. Failing to take advantage of those options is your own fault, not theirs.

/end argument

~Saitada
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited November 2008
    v., whine

v.intr.

1. To utter a plaintive, high-pitched, protracted sound, as in pain, fear, supplication, or complaint.
    2. To complain or protest in a childish fashion.
    3. To produce a sustained noise of relatively high pitch: jet engines whining.

v.tr.

To utter with a whine.
    n.

1. The act of whining.
    2. A whining sound.
    3. A complaint uttered in a plaintive tone.
  • Kaelis - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    Funny you should say that. "Knew it was getting removed" Well then... that would imply they either took the time to read patch notes (if any) or were informed by a GM... as I seriosuly doubt they were informed by a GM, and I don't recall any patch notes about it before the patch was implemented (but could be wrong as I didn't actually look to see if there WERE any notes on it), I'd have to say.. they were just lucky and your spewing sour grapes because you didn't get a new one yourself and now you feel slighted and shorted for that lack.

Anyway, no matter how you slice it, it is fair, and nobody is gaining an unfair advantage because everyone had the same chances and options that everyone else had. Failing to take advantage of those options is your own fault, not theirs.

/end argument

~Saitada

what options did i have? please explain this to me because not a single thing you have said has made sense so far. I had no choice in anything that happened therefore it's pretty impossible for me to have options

I am not asking you if people knew it was being removed I am telling you they told me they knew it was getting removed so i checked the timer on there blessing and it started just before the update. At least attempt to make sense even Mua said it was unfair even if she didn't agree with anything else i said

What could possibly be fair about someone doing 150% of your damage they will do quests faster be able to kill you pvp will lvl and grind faster

also this isn't my topic why are you attacking me? the OP was saying not to play for a week if its a problem till its over so i made a comment over that

as for trying to use a dictionary reference I said to quote me where i was whining but you failed to do that and just provided more spam....you are breaking the forum rules btw and if you read the rules of conduct what you are doing is a banable offence
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited November 2008
    what options did i have? please explain this to me because not a single thing you have said has made sense so far. I had no choice in anything that happened therefore it's pretty impossible for me to have options

The choices you had was to do what everyone else did or had the choice/chance to do. If your friends knew the JB was being removed, then I would wager pretty strongly that they read it somewhere, and if so, then you had as much chance to do what they did but didn't because you didn't take the time to inform yourself of what was/is being done in the patches.
    I am not asking you if people knew it was being removed I am telling you they told me they knew it was getting removed so i checked the timer on there blessing and it started just before the update.

See my statement above... As I myself haven't taken the time to read the patch notes etc, or even gone looking for them I can't say for sure that they are/were available, but my experience in MMO's ( been playing since closed beta of Everquest ) leads me to believe that patch notes were/are available prior to a patch, and your failure to seek them out and read them is nobodies fault but your own.
    At least attempt to make sense even Mua said it was unfair even if she didn't agree with anything else i said

I make perfect sense, to people who have the education and intellectual capacity to understand, or are not stuck in a mental rut and unable to see, or be willing to see, a counter argument.
    What could possibly be fair about someone doing 150% of your damage they will do quests faster be able to kill you pvp will lvl and grind faster

The fairness comes in that everyone had the same chances to do what others did, if they had taken the time and effort to make themselves aware of whats happening in the game. Their failure to do so is not the GM's or Devs fault, it is their own, and complaining that they didn't get their freebee because joe blow over there got his at the last minute and therefore they should also get one, is whining.
    also this isn't my topic why are you attacking me? the OP was saying not to play for a week if its a problem till its over so i made a comment over that

I'm not attacking you, I'm countering your arguments with my own. If I were attacking you, trust me when I say this, you would know it, and I would get banned from the forums very quickly indeed for what I would say and how I would say it.
    as for trying to use a dictionary reference I said to quote me where i was whining but you failed to do that and just provided more spam....you are breaking the forum rules btw and if you read the rules of conduct what you are doing is a banable offence

Yeah. I don't see any of my posts as spam, they address exactly what I meant them to address. But if you feel they were spam, feel free by all means to report me for spamming, I am sure the GM's will review my posts, and take what ever action they deem reasonable...

As for whining... In my opinion, your whining. Your complaining that you didn't go get a cookie, when you had a chance and opportunity too, but others did, because you didn't know something you could have known, had you taken the time and effort to do so.

Oh and btw, I didn't TRY to use a dictionary reference, I did use a dictionary reference. If you would like me too, I am quite able to tear any argument you have to shreds. Your not dealing with a 15 yr old here. Your dealing with an adult. I see these sour grapes for exactly what they are, sour grapes. And I don't hesitate to call them as such.

Your welcome to disagree with me on this, as is your right. I disagree with you when you state removal of the JB wasn't fair because some have newer versions than others and it will unbalance the game. It's perfectly fair because everyone had the same chance to get one as everyone else if they had simply done so.

And unless you didn't see my earlier post, no I don't have a JB and haven't had one for several days prior to their removal from the game. I didn't feel it was worth my time to go get one as didnt see enough difference in my hunting with/without one that was significant enough to be waste my time getting one.

~Saitada
  • XAsch - Sanctuary
    XAsch - Sanctuary Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited November 2008

Lol? I doubt the cleric needed the blessing to KS you. I believe, the cleric would have KS'd you anyway.
  • Nekhebet - Heavens Tear
    Nekhebet - Heavens Tear Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    every time i read this forum people complain about something.....why don't u little boys and girls try to post something that is useful for the comunity ..and not complain about every little thing...whit or without tle bless box u can still be ks'd....and if u go white and u are pk'd well that it's ur problem...so deal whit it or go play another game.

Have fun! Enjoy PWI! Bbye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Just another veno!!!
  • Kaelis - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    *stupid forum won't let me post more than 4 lines*
  • Twilyte - Heavens Tear
    Twilyte - Heavens Tear Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    every time i read this forum people complain about something.....why don't u little boys and girls try to post something that is useful for the comunity ..and not complain about every little thing...whit or without tle bless box u can still be ks'd....and if u go white and u are pk'd well that it's ur problem...so deal whit it or go play another game.

Have fun! Enjoy PWI! Bbye

Amen! Quoted for absolute truth!!

Move along, nothing more to see here....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kaelis - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    Ok right now i can not post more than a few lines it cuts it off so i have to post like this

This whole game has got a mentality to just ignore problems rather than fixing them I mean how hard is t to get a forum to work properly? its a basic thing

All i was doing is asking the OP a question it was in no way a complaint the OP said that if it's a problem pvping because of the blessing then don't pvp. Why should it be ignored if its a problem? so i was using an example and saying that should we not pve as well if its a problem

As for you not making sense your whole argument is that it is fair because everyone could of looked at the patch notes prior to the update and saw that it was being removed but at the same time you say that you looked and it was not there therefore your argument is fundamentally flawed

Nevermind the fact that selling it to the shop so that it can be gotten again is a bug and so you are suggesting everyone should exploit to make it fair

Why should we have to exploit it should be fair without us having to commit banable offences should it not?

also the dictionary reference was indeed spam and a double post

You still failed to show me as complaining and you are saying that I'm acting like I'm annoyed that I didn't get one, where did I say I should have one as well?

As for the rest of you I never said people do not PK or KS without blessings nor did i even suggest it if you are going to post at least contribute to the conversation or at the very least just say your opinion on it rather than trying to pick apart what i said thinking that I really care what you think

I personally think Darknin had a good idea and it is a good incentive for new players but that was overlooked by everyone in the same way the OP was who btw was the one that said it was unfair so good job trying to hassle me for something that they said

fix your forums please i have to post in quote's........
  • Biovolk - Heavens Tear
    Biovolk - Heavens Tear Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    the blessing was left in a lot longer than i thought it would be in. anyone else thought it would have gone away right after the halloween event ended? after that i was wondering when the hell they were going to take the blessing out.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited November 2008
    As for you not making sense your whole argument is that it is fair because everyone could of looked at the patch notes prior to the update and saw that it was being removed but at the same time you say that you looked and it was not there therefore your argument is fundamentally flawed

No, your argument here is flawed. I said....
    I don't recall any patch notes about it before the patch was implemented (but could be wrong as I didn't actually look to see if there WERE any notes on it)

So if you had bothered to actually read and UNDERSTAND what I said... you would have seen that. here let me repeat it again from the other post after that one where I made the same statement...
    As I myself haven't taken the time to read the patch notes etc, or even gone looking for them I can't say for sure that they are/were available, but my experience in MMO's ( been playing since closed beta of Everquest ) leads me to believe that patch notes were/are available prior to a patch, and your failure to seek them out and read them is nobodies fault but your own.

see a trend here????
    Nevermind the fact that selling it to the shop so that it can be gotten again is a bug and so you are suggesting everyone should exploit to make it fair

Why should we have to exploit it should be fair without us having to commit banable offences should it not?

I never suggested that anyone should do any such thing, I stated everyone had the same chance.. there is a difference.
    also the dictionary reference was indeed spam and a double post

It was neither spam or a dbl post. I tried to post it originally within my original post as an edit, it failed to show so I posted it by itself. If it's showing twice, meh, I can't see it. If so, then I appologize for the dbl post. But as for spam.. no that is not spam, I was giving the dictionary reference to make a point. As I said before, if you think it's spam by all means report me to the GM's for spam. Otherwise.. your just beating your lips together and accomplishing nothing. The dictionary reference was put her to define what Whining is. Something you continue to do with half formed and irrelevant arguments.
    You still failed to show me as complaining and you are saying that I'm acting like I'm annoyed that I didn't get one, where did I say I should have one as well?

Your still complaining about it. Here i'll show you where and how.....

but its not his fault he has an unfair advantage because he has 4 days left on his blessing
    lol please do not talk what you know nothing about i am saying what i know to be a fact i personally know people that are whitenamed for the first time now and killing everyone they see nevermind how bad it must be on the pvp server no blessing would mean you can't play

but thank you for the giggle b:laugh

Let me point out to you here that I went PVP flagged for the first time, w/o a jones blessing, to deal with someone harassing my faction member last night... so your apperent attempt to link cause and effect does fail here. Again your unable to bring forth a coherent and intelligent argument to back your claims, and are unable to be reasoned with because your determined to be right, when your glaringly wrong.

First, the person your responding too, NEVER said it was fair, you pulled that statement out of your backside, second you've made no suggest at this point in your posts on how to fix it.. third here you go off and w/o any clue if the person has character on all the servers (I do) start making assumptions that they have no clue about PvE servers or how PvP works there... Perhaps before you try to chew someone, you look carefully over what has been said, read it more than once, and think a bit before shoving your foot in your mouth as you keep doing here in this thread.
    really ok wow that's interesting so quote one place where somebody was whining?

and its not luck people some people knew it was going be deleted so they sold theirs to the shop and got a new one couple hours before the update and since you shouldn't be able to sell it and get a new one that should be classed as a bug and therefore they were exploiting

so please no more comments about people saying random stuff that has got nothing to do with what i am talking about just because things are one way with you don't try to force that opinion on me because i was merely stating a fact i know people that knew it was getting removed so got new ones and are now red names and making millions of people that don't have the blessing

so it is a problem that people are being allowed to profit from an oversight by the gms so should be fixed the OP said everyone should get one to make it fair not me

Whine with a very poor attempt at trying to shift the focus. The person saying random stuff here is you, not me. Again your unable to formulate a coherent and intelligent argument supporting your case, all you are doing is whining, and poorly at that.

You should really give up trying to argue with me about what I said.. when it's obvious you didn't read or understand it in the first place if you did read it.

~Saitada
  • suggy
    suggy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Tihi b:chuckle.

When my Jones Blessing went away I cried and went to grab an apple but didn't have any at home so I went to the store and bought Blackberry Yogurt instead.

XOXO, Suggy!
This discussion has been closed.