Economy of game is not right

cchris1000
cchris1000 Posts: 12 Arc User
edited December 2008 in General Discussion
Ok I play a somewhat popular pay by the month MMORPG (not WoW) and that game has a great economy that works. Everyone in this game is constantly broke and skills cost way too much as you get into higher levels. I gave up on DQ's as I need to sell the items I get for DQ's to keep going. I suppose the other solution is to buy cash shop stuff and sell on the market (maybe that is the idea of the game?). This game would be much better if it was pay by the month and well thought out (like the other one I play). Skills simply should never ramp up in price the way they do now.

BTW, I talked to one of our kin members in the other game and he said he spent $2400 on this game (asian version) to get his archer to hero. Insane....
Post edited by cchris1000 on

Comments

• Drazo - Heavens Tear
    Drazo - Heavens Tear Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I agree the skills are really expensive (amongst over things) now and once my bank kept around 300 - 400 K but now it struggles to keep more than 100 K mostly due to the skill costs....
    Non-mule alts:

Drazo - Venomancer - Dreamweaver - Semi-active
    Knatami - Barbarian - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    Drazorus - Archer - Sanctuary - Inactive
    Cidemami - Cleric - Dreamweaver - Inactive
    Recilsami - Blademaster - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    DrazoThePsy - Psychic - Dreamweaver - Active
    DrazoTheSas - Assassin - Dreamweaver - Active
  • Misstaken - Heavens Tear
    Misstaken - Heavens Tear Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    . Its called killing monsters. Happens in MMO's you know... kill monsters get drops.
    Hell I pulled in 250k one time at lvl 60 in one hour. Lower levels don't have to bother as much. Hang in there.
    I was broke at low lvl also... it picks up don't worry.
    BTW it was Runecrap the game your coming form right?
    I used to do drugs, I still do but I used to too.
  • Drazo - Heavens Tear
    Drazo - Heavens Tear Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Misstaken is not misstaken there, certain mobs (like the ab. weezblooms) drop quite a few valuable items particularly DQ items. The higher level the mobs, the better items they drop but I recommend going for the ones you can kill easily in a few hits, as you can reap the rewards quickly while still getting relatively valuable drops. b:victory
    Non-mule alts:

Drazo - Venomancer - Dreamweaver - Semi-active
    Knatami - Barbarian - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    Drazorus - Archer - Sanctuary - Inactive
    Cidemami - Cleric - Dreamweaver - Inactive
    Recilsami - Blademaster - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    DrazoThePsy - Psychic - Dreamweaver - Active
    DrazoTheSas - Assassin - Dreamweaver - Active
  • swiftlikeafox
    swiftlikeafox Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    You're friend must have nothing better to do with his money..... that's a used car

It's been said time and again, this game has been tested all the way to the end without cashshop items, and you can do just fine without spending a single dime on it, and many players just keep proving this point over and over again.... no you probably wont have the best gear in the game, and no you probably will not be the envy of all your friends, but you can make it as far in this game as you like if you're willing to put in the time and effort.

If you wanna add yet another monthly bill to your total expenses with a pay to play game, then by all means go back to the game you came from, but most of us here appreciate having the option to play for free if we so choose.
    edited November 2008
    Actually swift its mostly the Free players who pay for the game. For many reasons.
    We grind away get coin and we buy items off shops set up by people who bought cash shop items who thus buy more because it is profit for game.
    Like real economy we all make world spin round and round. Yes though I agree with your total point swift.
    I have not spent a total penny and in 2 and a half months wallah or whateva you say, I am lvl 69 with enough to pay me bills.
  • Sweaty - Heavens Tear
    Sweaty - Heavens Tear Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I too know many people who systematically spend all their money, however I also know people who hardly ever play an djust merchant and have millions. Not everyone is broke, and the whole point of getting money is to spend it.
  • Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    you yourself said the other game you play is a P2P game. Whats the problem then? if you spend 20$ a month on this game you will have plenty of in game money to buy all your skills and everything.

Complaining because you have to choose between paying rl $ or working your **** off?
  • Xinz - Lost City
    Xinz - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    cchris1000 wrote: »
    Ok I play a somewhat popular pay by the month MMORPG (not WoW) and that game has a great economy that works. Everyone in this game is constantly broke and skills cost way too much as you get into higher levels. I gave up on DQ's as I need to sell the items I get for DQ's to keep going. I suppose the other solution is to buy cash shop stuff and sell on the market (maybe that is the idea of the game?). This game would be much better if it was pay by the month and well thought out (like the other one I play). Skills simply should never ramp up in price the way they do now.

BTW, I talked to one of our kin members in the other game and he said he spent $2400 on this game (asian version) to get his archer to hero. Insane....

Insane? Deity nearly hits 10k$ mark and still no hero, thats insane :D
  • Kimyrielle - Heavens Tear
    Kimyrielle - Heavens Tear Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Why do people come here and want to convert PW into a P2P game? I am here because I _hate_ monthly fees. I don't want to see a clock constantly ticking when playing a game. I also don't want to lose my account completely just because I decide to play the game less actively and no longer worth $15/mo. I am amazed most mainstream MMOs still use P2P anyway (hopefully it will die out soon, though - since more and more games use cash shops these days, for good reasons). Honestly, like someone else said above, if you think P2P is so much better, go play one of the games having this model. To me, cash shops are a lot more customer friendly. And I am not sure why people seem to imply that P2Ps are of better quality than PW - they are not (I have played a mainstream one before coming here, too). All games have sides they shine in and others they look bad in.

My personal stance is that the economy works fairly well. Money making outside of the cash store is possible but most people won't make millions - which is a good thing. Street prices for most items seem to be reasonable to me, still there are some super-expensive items for powergamers, too. And yes, actually skills are _meant_ to be harder to get as you level. Which is good, too, because it makes you think about your build more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • InstantMoney - Heavens Tear
    InstantMoney - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    P2P and F2P games are always going to have two completely different types of economies. You really can't compare the two. But I'll list the major differences between the two.

P2P
    -Economy is dictated by the drop rate of items and rarity of armor/weapon drops.
    -Very little influence comes from outside the game. Meaning there is no CS or there are very few if any Gold Farmers/Bots.

F2P
    -Economy is highly influenced by CS and Gold Farmes/Bots.
    -Drop rates are usually alot higher in F2P games.

Both types of games have there advantages and disadvantages. If you are looking to make money in this game you can either sell CS items or Qst/DQ Items in a Cat House. I have never spent a dime on this game and have plenty of CS items via AH or in game Gold buying. It just takes a little more effort and work than it does for people who sell CS items and Gold.
    "One time when me was high, me sold me car for like 24 chicken McNuggets."
    Ali G
  • Kyou - Heavens Tear
    Kyou - Heavens Tear Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    P2P and F2P games are always going to have two completely different types of economies. You really can't compare the two. But I'll list the major differences between the two.

P2P
    -Economy is dictated by the drop rate of items and rarity of armor/weapon drops.
    -Very little influence comes from outside the game. Meaning there is no CS or there are very few if any Gold Farmers/Bots.

F2P
    -Drop rates are usually alot higher in F2P games..

Now use your generalization for this game and you'll see that you've /failed/ b:surrender
  • tinmanasd
    tinmanasd Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Insane? Deity nearly hits 10k$ mark and still no hero, thats insane :D

wattttt!!! 10 thousand dollar or 10 dollar? b:shocked
  • InstantMoney - Heavens Tear
    InstantMoney - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Now use your generalization for this game and you'll see that you've /failed/ b:surrender

Fail, lol fail at what? You need to actually list or describe what I failed at. Why did you even post in this thread? You are nothing more than a typical Troll that never adds anything constructive to thread, but feels the need to troll in the forum.
    "One time when me was high, me sold me car for like 24 chicken McNuggets."
    Ali G
  • Nevermore - Heavens Tear
    Nevermore - Heavens Tear Posts: 438 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Fail, lol fail at what? You need to actually list or describe what I failed at. Why did you even post in this thread? You are nothing more than a typical Troll that never adds anything constructive to thread, but feels the need to troll in the forum.

And you aren't by giving such a response? The saying "Takes one to know one" comes to mind. And just because he said your logic failed does NOT make him a troll. It did fail btw and if you need it to be spelled out for you why then you truly haven't been playing much...

On topic. I can only agree with the people who said they are here for the very reason that this game is F2P. My interests fluctuate, today I play this, all of next week that. If I were to pay per month I would feel I wasted money, or would feel stressed to play my money's worth in that game. No thanks to that one...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2008
    InstantMoney no you really do fail.
  • odb
    odb Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    F2P games are filled with people who suck too much to succeed without paying for advantages to make up for their failure to be a good gamer. the nice part about that is that it makes it easy for the few actual good gamers who play and never have to spend a dime but are able to hunt enough items to sell and get all they want.
  • peregryn
    peregryn Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    odb wrote: »
    F2P games are filled with people who suck too much to succeed without paying for advantages to make up for their failure to be a good gamer. the nice part about that is that it makes it easy for the few actual good gamers who play and never have to spend a dime but are able to hunt enough items to sell and get all they want.

Respectfully disagree, but a F2P game is much better for a variety of reasons including giving the player a higher degree of control over how much he invests in the game be it play time, effort, or Finances.
    Perfect World is not the only game I play but it is nice to know that even if my finances are not as good this month as last month I can still continue to play.
    As for original posters comment, I have seen the economies of several games both P2P and F2P, they all have strong points and weak points. I have seen cases where 98% of both skills and gear are 'only' available by drop or crafting once you get past the beginning levels, to make matters worse the drop rates for important skills or craft components were like .0001%. And this was in a P2P game.
    Perhaps the greatest secret to getting along with others lies in learning to respect their opinion(s) even while you disagree with them.
  • Kimyrielle - Heavens Tear
    Kimyrielle - Heavens Tear Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited November 2008

P2P

F2P
    -Drop rates are usually alot higher in F2P games.

Both types of games have there advantages and disadvantages. If you are looking to make money in this game you can either sell CS items or Qst/DQ Items in a Cat House. I have never spent a dime on this game and have plenty of CS items via AH or in game Gold buying. It just takes a little more effort and work than it does for people who sell CS items and Gold.

Then how come I've seen loads of cash farming/bots in P2P games, but less here? I'd say, the opposite is true, there is next to no incentive to buy cash from botters than in a P2P game, since buying cash in this game is legal.

In end I don't see in what way P2P or F2P influences the economy much at all. In both type you will find people who will want to buy in-game things with real life money, and in both types they do. Just in F2P it's allowed to do that and in P2P most often not. Since some people prefer to stay clean and aren't buying from botters while in F2P games they do, the only effect should be a higher influx of cash into the game, resulting in a bit of inflation compared to the same game if being run without a cash store. This is probably a monetary effect only, having not much effect on the "real" economy. Honestly, I don't notice any difference to the last P2P game I played (Age of Conan), except that in contrast to the later, PW actually _has_ a working economy.

As for the drop rates, you're not correct here either. World Drops in PW generally suck. The good stuff is mostly "collectibles" like TT weapons and crafted items.

@odb: Why are you playing this game then? Or just having a bit of fun with forum trolling? Your comment is particularly funny since most of the cash store items don't even have any effect on your ability to play the game. Last time I checked my clothing didn't absorb damage...
    Yes, Charms do, but since they aren't that expensive, non-cash stop users are using them do. Your point is.. well, you don't have any.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wwing - Heavens Tear
    Wwing - Heavens Tear Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I agree the skills are really expensive (amongst over things) now and once my bank kept around 300 - 400 K but now it struggles to keep more than 100 K mostly due to the skill costs....

As cleric, i have huge problem to "update" my skills. I have 100k spirit but less than 20k coins.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    News Project Fox in [][]http://pwifox.blogspot.com[][] Santa Claus is a lie.
    12/17 2008 PerfectFox Index (Heavens Tear) : 1 gold = 113558.91~114972.42
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    Hisui - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,369 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    The economy is always right.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Check out ForsakenX 's sig thread O_O
    Enrage - We Eat.
  • Wwing - Heavens Tear
    Wwing - Heavens Tear Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    "The fundamental of our economy is strong" - The old man
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    News Project Fox in [][]http://pwifox.blogspot.com[][] Santa Claus is a lie.
    12/17 2008 PerfectFox Index (Heavens Tear) : 1 gold = 113558.91~114972.42
  • Mosabi - Heavens Tear
    Mosabi - Heavens Tear Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    your right money in this game is somewhat ridculse to get but I think that makes even more real and more addicteve after all miney is hard to get just as it hard to get behind your back whick makes a good trading training for money and its known that killing mobs is a jop and there is a saying that says (9/10 of money comes form trade) so if you want to be rich open your own brand name in west archo and enjoy the cash flow.

PS:I dont have money and I dont have a brand name in archo am poor as hell and missing spirit as hell with more than 1M spirit to prove it.
    Is Back once more.

sorry med school needs some time.