Emergency Maintenance - Complete

kantorek
kantorek Posts: 136 Arc User
edited November 2008 in Support Desk
Please be advised that we will be doing emergency maintenance at 10:00PM PST.

Servers will down for roughly an hour.

As many of you are aware, last night's update introduced several new Charm packs to the boutique. Unfortunately, the contents of the Bronze Guardian Pack and the Bronze Spirit Pack were switched. We're happy to announce the crisis has been averted.

For those of you who purchased one pack expecting the other, we've also included the option to trade in a Bronze Guardian Charm for a Bronze Spirit Charm, and vice versa. Simply pay a visit to the Inventory Master (located next to the banker in each major city) and this all-purpose NPC will gladly exchange one charm for the other.

Remember to check out the Thanksgiving quest while you're at it!

Thank you.
朱健诚
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Maintenance is my Constant. b:surrender
Post edited by kantorek on

Comments

• sandshaper
    sandshaper Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    It's nice to see that something is being done about the bugged event packages. It would also have been nice to get more than a 10 minute in-game warning. Perhaps more testing should have been done before the thanksgiving patch was implemented, to ensure that everything worked as intended? I'm not here to whine, just offer constructive criticism.
  • Arghal - Heavens Tear
    Arghal - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    So do any GM's actually plan on informing about the so called bug or are you just going to say it's bugged and leave those of us who purchased multiple of the item in question to figure it out for ourselves? I sent in a petition to ask what it was and after two hours still had no response what so ever.
  • Temerayn - Sanctuary
    Temerayn - Sanctuary Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I tried to do the Holiday event in this 10 minute window. I got it accomplished and got the exp but I didn't get any tele. acoustics and rather got stuck in the fb19 I was in. (Untamed)

Will there be a roleback so I can re-do this quest or... is my poor veno just screwed over?
  • Fintan - Lost City
    Fintan - Lost City Posts: 1,245 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    So do any GM's actually plan on informing about the so called bug or are you just going to say it's bugged and leave those of us who purchased multiple of the item in question to figure it out for ourselves? I sent in a petition to ask what it was and after two hours still had no response what so ever.
    Arghal, did you check the News page regarding this issue?
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    MuSHRooMS - Lost City (currently inviting new members) b:victory
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • kantorek
    edited November 2008
    I tried to do the Holiday event in this 10 minute window. I got it accomplished and got the exp but I didn't get any tele. acoustics and rather got stuck in the fb19 I was in. (Untamed)

Will there be a roleback so I can re-do this quest or... is my poor veno just screwed over?

Is she level 19? She will have to be 19 to get the free teleacoustics.
    朱健诚
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • exo888
    exo888 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    i was doin my fb 49and couldnt finish the third boss cuz i got disconnected am i goin 2 gt stuck whn i log back in and get killed and have to re do everythng???
  • Michellereis - Heavens Tear
    Michellereis - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    HELLO??? plz show when can update n when the server will be up again, rather than u just put emergency maintenance n thats all! rather than this might as well done all ur repair aside n upload the updated files then u close server to do the maintenance while in the meantime others can update to the latest version while u update ur server side, so ppl wont waste their time waiting n waiting aimlessly.
  • Evancer - Heavens Tear
    Evancer - Heavens Tear Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Hrmm... will there be an announcement when the servers are back up? D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Let's just pretend I said something clever in response and leave it at that..."
  • Fintan - Lost City
    edited November 2008
    HELLO??? plz show when can update n when the server will be up again, rather than u just put emergency maintenance n thats all! rather than this might as well done all ur repair aside n upload the updated files then u close server to do the maintenance while in the meantime others can update to the latest version while u update ur server side, so ppl wont waste their time waiting n waiting aimlessly.

Er... Did you read the original post in this thread? I'll quote it to save you some scrolling...
    kantorek wrote: »
    Please be advised that we will be doing emergency maintenance at 10:00PM PST.

Servers will down for roughly an hour.

It goes on to state why they're performing emergency maintenance. Emergency usually means that they didn't have much time to forewarn people. Hence, a short notice period in-game and a forum post.

Though, personally, I would prefer to see maintenance alerts show up on the perfectworld.com homepage. Also, I'd like the server status icons on the homepage to not show green when maintenance is being performed. That'd probably reduce confused posts such as this one. (But, hey, at least this person found the thread! b:chuckle)
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • Mortanima - Sanctuary
    Mortanima - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I will wait for server to be up while I keep my little cousin busy with PS2 San Andreas.

Please announce when it will be up. Thanks for caring for updates!
  • Blade_masta - Lost City
    Blade_masta - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Just great! I just updated this **** in 4 in the morning. Now I get this other **** which im gonna have to update again. WTF PW?!
  • Fintan - Lost City
    edited November 2008
    Just great! I just updated this **** in 4 in the morning. Now I get this other **** which is im gonna have to update again. WTF PW?!
    Meh. It should be a tiny patch. Be glad that PWI's patches aren't as tediously slow as some other games... b:chuckle
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • Blade_masta - Lost City
    Blade_masta - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Meh. It should be a tiny patch. Be glad that PWI's patches aren't as tediously slow as some other games... b:chuckle

"Meh". Fixing this little bug will take them an hour?! They better add something better >_>
  • Mortanima - Sanctuary
    Mortanima - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Just great! I just updated this **** in 4 in the morning. Now I get this other **** which im gonna have to update again. WTF PW?!

Chill dude. You do realize that they are updating for our benefit, not theirs? Besides, every update that they do, is great.b:cool
  • Fintan - Lost City
    edited November 2008
    Better than what? Providing a way for people who got the wrong item to exchange them? Fixing the problem so others aren't affected?

I'm suspecting they aren't all just sitting around laughing at us on the forum and drinking cappucinos while the servers are down; they're probably, you know, like updating all three servers, making sure the patch update server has the proper patch, that everything still works, that kinda thing.

In some respects, it's amazing how much they get done in an hour.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • kantorek
    edited November 2008
    Servers are up. Thanks everyone for being so patient. Have a nice Turkey Day! b:bye
    朱健诚
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lesbianho - Lost City
    Lesbianho - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2008

No she won't anyone can get them.b:pleased
    srr for off topic but i sometimes wonder where ppl come up with some things.b:shocked
  • Evancer - Heavens Tear
    Evancer - Heavens Tear Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Yay! :D Thanks for letting us know!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Let's just pretend I said something clever in response and leave it at that..."
  • Miaoz - Lost City
    Miaoz - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    when will the manual patch be live? i'm always stuck on the elements.data for auto update... -.-
  • kantorek
    edited November 2008
    They are up now.
    朱健诚
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rle
    rle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Would appreciate if Server Status Icons would show RED when server actually is down,
    (maybe a little explanation of the cause and time of expected GREEN status).

It would probably save Gms/Admin/Mod staff time to address serious issues, rather than
    answering posts of "wtf am i doing wrong? /cant con / i was dced?" and save players of getting
    frustrated.
    b:kiss
  • Temerayn - Sanctuary
    Temerayn - Sanctuary Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited November 2008

Ohhh. Now don't I feel like the newb. No after quest she's... 18 I do believe.

Thanks for that, sorry if I came off rather abrasive. b:surrender
This discussion has been closed.