Emergency Maintenance -Complete

kantorek
kantorek Posts: 136 Arc User
edited November 2008 in General Discussion
As many of you are aware, last night's update introduced several new Charm packs to the boutique. Unfortunately, the contents of the Bronze Guardian Pack and the Bronze Spirit Pack were switched. We're happy to announce the crisis has been averted.

For those of you who purchased one pack expecting the other, we've also included the option to trade in a Bronze Guardian Charm for a Bronze Spirit Charm, and vice versa. Simply pay a visit to the Inventory Master (located next to the banker in each major city) and this all-purpose NPC will gladly exchange one charm for the other.

Remember to check out the Thanksgiving quest while you're at it!

Thank you.
朱健诚
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Maintenance is my Constant. b:surrender
Post edited by kantorek on

Comments

• Blizzaga - Lost City
    Blizzaga - Lost City Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    No roll back please
  • Shinta - Lost City
    Shinta - Lost City Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Since there was no warning (besides 10 mins) will you be rolling back the servers due to experience scrolls + ultimate substance + FB wines that may have been lost? I didn't lose anything but a lot of my friends just used a miji or started HH runs.
    Allons-y!!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WindGaurdian - Sanctuary
    WindGaurdian - Sanctuary Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    kantorek wrote: »
    Please be advised that we will be doing emergency maintenance at 10:00PM PST (10 minutes from this post).

Servers will down for roughly an hour.

Thank you.

What happened to the one hour notice!!! Oh well Hopefully you remember to fix the Faction Slogan issue with the spacing issue!! REMEMBER THAT! also more boutique items would be nice ^__^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Flying to continue my journey..
  • swiftlikeafox
    swiftlikeafox Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww ****!b:cry b:angry
  • Defected - Heavens Tear
    Defected - Heavens Tear Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    No biggie. It's not like the xp scrolls are 50,000 coins a pop.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Changed my mind. Permanently Retired - Only here to troll.
  • Mysticode - Sanctuary
    Mysticode - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    The only thing that would make sense here I think is a 1 hour rollback. Sad but the truth.
  • Alaek - Heavens Tear
    Alaek - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Yeah that's cool..I was very prolific tonight..grinded like crazy, sold some stuff. A rollback is just what I needed. Thank you PW programers for doing a wonderful job (again). Sheesh.. >.<
  • kantorek
    edited November 2008
    There will be no rollback.
    朱健诚
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WindGaurdian - Sanctuary
    WindGaurdian - Sanctuary Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Whats a rollback?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Flying to continue my journey..
  • dekciw
    dekciw Posts: 954 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Yeah would be nice sometime if we can a bit more time like an hour warning before you proceed, some of us so we can prepare ourselves for it and not get DC/ed just as we started an HH run.
    ZzXVdr5.png
    edited November 2008
    If they didn't do a rollback for the Halloween event error, they probably won't do one for this. Either way, some people are going to be upset. At least they're fixing the bronze charm problem. Hopefully I can score some cheap bronzies tonight to ease the pain.

Edit: Forums are lagged to all heck. GM stated no rollback on page 1.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shinta - Lost City
    edited November 2008
    kantorek wrote: »
    There will be no rollback.

So everyone who started an experience scroll 1 minute before your announcement are just SOL? That really sucks. Since the problem was known about since this morning, I think there should have been an announcement so people didn't start something that costs real life money. b:surrender
    Allons-y!!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gaka
    gaka Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Don't roll it back. A minute before servers went down finished friend's FB29 and got a leg mold i've been wanting..
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    arent scrolls only active when logged in- gonna have to move if zhenning and such but wont be a complete loss then?
    it sucks most for people in FB/TT/CUBE, 10 minutes is way not enough time to finish up
  • Miaoz - Lost City
    Miaoz - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Server status is still up and very misleading....
  • Shinta - Lost City
    edited November 2008
    arent scrolls only active when logged in- gonna have to move if zhenning and such but wont be a complete loss then?
    it sucks most for people in FB/TT/CUBE, 10 minutes is way not enough time to finish up

Scrolls keep counting time even if you're logged off. I know this from my cats shutting off my PC in the middle of a miji (gotta love them cats) and the timer dropped by 5 minutes when I got to log in again.
    Allons-y!!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Bah nevermind. Kinda wish people would read though instead of spamming world chat with "omg GM I have issues" .__."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mightynyx
    mightynyx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    If they didn't do a rollback for the Halloween event error, they probably won't do one for this. Either way, some people are going to be upset. At least they're fixing the bronze charm problem. Hopefully I can score some cheap bronzies tonight to ease the pain.

Edit: Forums are lagged to all heck. GM stated no rollback on page 1.

Yeah, "at least they're fixing" it... at the cost of messing up what people were doing. This was very inconsiderate of them. Was it necessary to fix it as SUCH an emergency and only give a 10 minute warning? They couldn't communicate with the players? The problem with the charms/angels and the last minute shut down was all out of the players hands. Maybe the staff should be a little more careful.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Revolt.
    edited November 2008
    mightynyx wrote: »
    Yeah, "at least they're fixing" it... at the cost of messing up what people were doing. This was very inconsiderate of them. Was it necessary to fix it as SUCH an emergency and only give a 10 minute warning? They couldn't communicate with the players? The problem with the charms/angels and the last minute shut down was all out of the players hands. Maybe the staff should be a little more careful.

I agree with you, just looking at the bright side. I already made my snide comment on page 1.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Forsakenx - Heavens Tear
    Forsakenx - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Was I the only one to see that it was bugged and would be fixed with in the next 24 hours? So maybe starting exp scrolls should have waited. I do think that other things such as FBs may have been a bit harder to figure around the 24 hours but where is the patience?

So I believe that when they said within the next 24 hours kinda meant be ready it will be happening with in the next 24 hours...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Free Signatures pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=87021

≈ 338 signatures made, and counting b:thanks

Screen Shot & Signature guide pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=99031
  • pugofcrydee
    pugofcrydee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    You cannot tell the GM's they aren't doing a good job by putting the servers down to fix a glitch.. Yes, 1 hour's warning would have been nice, but that milk is spilt, and Humpty Dumpty can't be put back together again.

QQ more.
  • kantorek
    edited November 2008
    Servers are up. Thanks everyone for being so patient. Have a nice Turkey Day! b:bye
    朱健诚
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GuanYinMa - Sanctuary
    GuanYinMa - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    this is just like bathing half way and ur water supply being cut off
  • doupen
    doupen Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Whats a rollback?

rollb is when the creators have put a crucial bug in the game and they would rather start over with the data to ssve work. like if something screwey is going on the would reset the game to the past, the closest update from before the update.
  • darkrecon
    darkrecon Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Well the roll back sucked for me.. I was starting on a cleric for healing and rez (currently have a lvl45 wiz also) and the roll back cost me 3 lvl's and a MP charm, thats not what got my goose.. What did get me heated up was the fact that the rollback took everything back EXCEPT the MP Charm.. I lost all my friends I added, lost lvl's and the spells I earned but the MP charm I started up less then 20 minutes before the reset was not rolled back. It was still on and you cant take them off.. Bottem line is :::::

IF YOU ARE GONNA DO A RESET OR ROLLBACK, do it to EVERYTHING and not just the stuff thats FREE...

Thank you for your ear and letting me vent, now Ill go back to the sever and kill a **** load of mobs to get back what I lost..