Dying clothes...

Drtmaverick - Sanctuary
Drtmaverick - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
edited April 2010 in Cash Shop Huddle
Alright, I'm curious, is there a better way to dye clothes than throw your money out the window with the random pigment thing? I've already wasted like 6 gold pieces just trying to get my shoes to match my dress in the game, it's quite frustrating and that's 6 dollars worth of money just to dye my shoes....

Please help me (and others) out here by adding colored pigments we can select from.
Post edited by Drtmaverick - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Buying the single pack usually gets you a single color rather than a random dyepack. Get enough of these and trade them for the color you want. Unfortunately that's the only way to actually choose your color is to get enough single dye packs of the color you want.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Drtmaverick - Sanctuary
    edited October 2008
    I know, that's why we should be able to select colors if we're paying for them.
  • Melancholy - Heavens Tear
    Melancholy - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I know, that's why we should be able to select colors if we're paying for them.

then every1 and their mother would be wearing black, emo's would take over the world >.>
    edited October 2008
    That's a crappy reason to toss 2 dollars down the drain to press the button once and get a totally different color than everything else you're wearing. Besides, I want sapphire, not black, but I'm stuck with black because that's the closest I could get my dress to match my grey shoes without spending another 2 dollars to randomly gamble my money away on a hopeful blue dress...

Hell it's 3 dollars for a dress, i might as well just continually buy those because I can at least trade them when I don't get the right color for a lot of money... Dyes are a bit expensive don't you think?
  • pandalovin
    pandalovin Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    ya this game is a rip off if you think about it i don't know why i even spent my monney on it if this is all i get to show i wanted a white outfit but i got a black dress green shoes and blue gloves... see if i ever spend monney on this **** agian unless they deside to stop being -blank-'s and actuly let us pick the color of dye WE ARE PAYING for that is KEEPING THE GAME RUNNING ... stuipid -blank-'s can't even do that for us
    edited October 2008
    Yeah it's cheap to just spend my money soley on charms, I'd spend 5 dollars a week to be invisible, that's fine with me, but clothes are like 20 bucks just to get a blue dress...
  • oie
    oie Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    how come i can't buy a color that i want to buy, it gets really annoying because i want something specific. i have to wait days and days looking for a specific pigement

okay people won't buy as much anymore but its irritating me
    that is all

i don't like your cash scheme, it's sickening b:chuckle
    but i think its working...

suggestion: raise the price of specific pigment by 1 coin or 50 silver
    You seem rather,,, Enthusiastic...
  • Zress - Lost City
    Zress - Lost City Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    you are right dears that a color selection would indeed boost profits, however, I would suggest colors like black and white be purposefully left out. Leave that to the random. I know dears its not a popular suggestion, but sometimes to win a battle you have to give a little to get a little.

OR

If colors were made selectable, make black and white a little on the high side, yes I know unpopular again, but in other games dears if you remember like DAOC and others like it where you could dye clothes, black and white were always the most expensive of the colors to purchase.

This could lead to guild selecting colors for a type of "uniform" etc. just thoughts off the top of my head dears.

Myself, personally, I do not like black, or straight white. Mixtures of colors, blue, red, PURPLE, pink make for a much nicer outfit. Black is undefined, white is nearly as bad. TO me, why would I want to spend all those hours creating a unique look on character creation simply to bland it away in black? But, this is my personal preference dears. I have many friends that look gorgious in black, and I have to give kudo's to Dixie her character looks fantastic in white. So I guess its just personal preference dears. b:kiss
  • Sepulchre - Sanctuary
    Sepulchre - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    oie wrote: »
    how come i can't buy a color that i want to buy, it gets really annoying because i want something specific. i have to wait days and days looking for a specific pigement

okay people won't buy as much anymore but its irritating me
    that is all

i don't like your cash scheme, it's sickening b:chuckle
    but i think its working...

suggestion: raise the price of specific pigment by 1 coin or 50 silver

This is not really a reply
  • Sepulchre - Sanctuary
    edited November 2008
    you are right dears that a color selection would indeed boost profits, however, I would suggest colors like black and white be purposefully left out. Leave that to the random. I know dears its not a popular suggestion, but sometimes to win a battle you have to give a little to get a little.

OR

If colors were made selectable, make black and white a little on the high side, yes I know unpopular again, but in other games dears if you remember like DAOC and others like it where you could dye clothes, black and white were always the most expensive of the colors to purchase.

This could lead to guild selecting colors for a type of "uniform" etc. just thoughts off the top of my head dears.

Myself, personally, I do not like black, or straight white. Mixtures of colors, blue, red, PURPLE, pink make for a much nicer outfit. Black is undefined, white is nearly as bad. TO me, why would I want to spend all those hours creating a unique look on character creation simply to bland it away in black? But, this is my personal preference dears. I have many friends that look gorgious in black, and I have to give kudo's to Dixie her character looks fantastic in white. So I guess its just personal preference dears. b:kiss

So that's what YOU like - fine.

Stop trying to convert those of us who like black or white to be like you. We DON'T want to be like you thank you very much.

I agree with everyone here who wishes to pay for specific dye.

ALL dye colors should be available.

Isn't there enough discrimination in this game already with the gender biasing?

I am getting oh so sick of the cutsey-wootsey types and the male crotch fantasies ruling the gaming world.

Yeah, yeah I know you said "But, this is my personal preference dears". So why go on and on about "bland it away in black". Unnecessary and an attempt to sway others opinions - tsk-tsk. Shameful.

That's my two cents - and I'm proud of it.
    Saidje
  • Rosewhite - Sanctuary
    Rosewhite - Sanctuary Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited November 2008

Stop trying to convert those of us who like black or white to be like you. We DON'T want to be like you thank you very much.

I am getting oh so sick of the cutsey-wootsey types and the male crotch fantasies ruling the gaming world.

Yeah, yeah I know you said "But, this is my personal preference dears". So why go on and on about "bland it away in black". Unnecessary and an attempt to sway others opinions - tsk-tsk. Shameful.

Saidje

I don't think you get the point or maybe you didn't read what she said. She said that SHE didn't like black or white and that it was a personal preference. To me what you have said sounds more like an attack than what she said. I personally would love to choose my own pigment and I
    dont think black or white should be left out simply for the fact that it is so hard to get even with the random pigment. I think the reason the pigment is the way it is is because it gives everyone a chance to get black or white. Personally I like black for some outfits, but I wouldn't want all my fashion to be either black or white because they would get boring.

And what the heck does decrimination and gender basing have to do with dye? NOTHING.

This person did make a statement and people are going to have their own opinion. In other words, you are grasping at straws and your reply was nothing more than an attack to a very calm and adult-like opinion.

And that's my two cents. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'm just a vagabond with flowers for Algernon...
  • Sepulchre - Sanctuary
    edited November 2008
    I don't think you get the point or maybe you didn't read what she said. She said that SHE didn't like black or white and that it was a personal preference. To me what you have said sounds more like an attack than what she said. I personally would love to choose my own pigment and I
    dont think black or white should be left out simply for the fact that it is so hard to get even with the random pigment. I think the reason the pigment is the way it is is because it gives everyone a chance to get black or white. Personally I like black for some outfits, but I wouldn't want all my fashion to be either black or white because they would get boring.

And what the heck does decrimination and gender basing have to do with dye? NOTHING.

This person did make a statement and people are going to have their own opinion. In other words, you are grasping at straws and your reply was nothing more than an attack to a very calm and adult-like opinion.

I read what was said. And I maintain that other than stating they liked bright, cheerful colors, nothing else needed to be said.

You say it was an opinion. Those are like - you know - everyone has one.

And I expressed mine right back.

Frankly I wouldn't like it and would speak out if someone called for a ban on pink and yellow. Some are like that and I'm not.

Bias is bias. Simple. Start down that slippery slope and you end up with dreck.

To each their own taste - to me, it's ALL good. Just leave me what's good for me. :)

Saidje
  • Zress - Lost City
    edited November 2008

Saidje

That is ok dear, we listen to all opinions, even poorly done one's like yours ^^. The fact you feel so threaten by a suggestion from another dear does not speak well of your confidence. Here's 35 cents dear...

now that we have had an example of "remove all doubt" from dear Saidje, While even from the MY servers we have requested this long before PWI came out, and I know even the main P2P have requested this years ago. The china based Company has not budge yet so *shrugs* it is what it is dears (stealing a phrase from a dear friend)

Undersanding how to use our group here to as our voice of what we want and need to help them help us would benefits. To demand, stomp your feet and toss out lil tantrums like my niece does? get zippo reactions.
  • Zress - Lost City
    edited November 2008

an very rare and good 2 cents dear. thank you. at least one dear is thinking.
  • Sepulchre - Sanctuary
    edited November 2008
    That is ok dear, we listen to all opinions, even poorly done one's like yours ^^. The fact you feel so threaten by a suggestion from another dear does not speak well of your confidence. Here's 35 cents dear...

now that we have had an example of "remove all doubt" from dear Saidje, While even from the MY servers we have requested this long before PWI came out, and I know even the main P2P have requested this years ago. The china based Company has not budge yet so *shrugs* it is what it is dears (stealing a phrase from a dear friend)

Undersanding how to use our group here to as our voice of what we want and need to help them help us would benefits. To demand, stomp your feet and toss out lil tantrums like my niece does? get zippo reactions.

More blah-blah.

You obviously feel threatened yourself or you would not have replied.

Interesting
    Saidje
  • Sepulchre - Sanctuary
    edited November 2008
    an very rare and good 2 cents dear. thank you. at least one dear is thinking.

How cute. And possible endearing in some quarters.

But not with me.

Couldn't resist trying to jab, could you?

LOL - you make yourself appear to feel sooooo threatened.

Needless to say I am going to find of I can put you on ignore.

Easiest way to handle one such as you.

Saidje
  • dannii24
    dannii24 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I think a compromise could be made. Sell bundle packs for 1 price you get maybe 10 pigments all the same random color. It will at least help people match their outfit pieces a bit. Buying 1 random pigment at a time is silly and I probably will never buy clothes or pigments from item shop unless it is changed.
  • p3nnstate
    p3nnstate Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I agree that we should be able to pick our own dye's but if it does not happen (most likely wont) then whatever.
    *off topic*

But I just HAVE to comment on Zress's posts. I have got to say, I read "dear" so many times, I think I just got hungry for some venison. It's basically like talking to someone who says "like" a ridiculous amount of times. And I think majority of people find that annoying.

Not complaining, just wondering if I am the only one that noticed that.

Dear: : a loved one, a lovable person.

I guess there is alot of "one sided" relationships for you b:chuckle
    Let me heat you up
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    ...has NO ONE in this thread just suggested looking for people selling pigments? West Archosaur is freakin' full of them (at least on Heaven's Tear). You can find someone with a Sapphire Pigment selling it for 100k or less, easily. Only Black, Red, and White (and perhaps Gray) are really expensive.

Sell your black dress for some outrageous price (since it IS black now, right), buy a new dress, and find someone with a Sapphire Pigment. Or just buy the pigment if you want. Problem solved.

(If you're really having trouble, use a WC to offer to buy one... or if all you have is gold, you can sell it through the gold system and get more than enough for a non-black/red/white pigment)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • B_O_N_D - Lost City
    B_O_N_D - Lost City Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    it's easier in most cases to buy the dye from players in game, blue dyes i got mine for 80kea wich would be alot cheaper imo then getting a random chances..

to all you whining about cash shop prices, you go and make a great free mmorpg, then talk to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Forsakenx
  • Jurai - Sanctuary
    Jurai - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    You got yours for 80k (grats), now for people who are looking for something that maches, lets say white/black, lots of people are looking for them and sellers just shoot up the prices ten fold just about.
    Most colored pigments on my server go for 100k but the white/black always go for 500k, i need 4 black pigments for a shirt so what is this saying?
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    Cat - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Black Red and White Dyes always end up more exspensive, just because they end up being the most popular.

As the game continues to progress the price of everything CS related will continue to go up and the ones that are in higher demand but shorter supply will go up in price even more.

Black, Red, White dyes cost over 4m on other versions of this game. And that price is per dye. 500k now really isnt nothing. But if you WC usually you can find people willing to sell for alot cheaper. Another alternative for black is random pigments.

For w/e reason random pigments have a high sucess rate for black/dark color colors. I almost always get black or a dark color so close to black you cant tell the difference in 1 to 2 tries with random pigments.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada

Didn't anyone tell you that you wanted to sleep with me?!?! I thought you knew....
  • abnosemufid
    abnosemufid Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    WARNING: Foul language used to express frustration.

You're all acting like a bunch of pussies. Acting like this dying random pigments is anywhere even CLOSE to fair in any rational sense. Either the makers of PW are stupid when it comes to making money, or they just don't care, and they may even be lazy.

Would it not make a TON of more money if they widened the selection of clothing you can buy in the cash shop? How about triple the stuff we can choose from? People would want to express their unique individualities even stronger when they see how unique they can actually be due to the large selection of specific styles and looks in the cash shop.
    And for 2 golds, we should be able to buy a single pigment, with which we can completely customize the colors of our shirt/shoes/pants/gloves and of course panties untamed tail socks....... o.O
    So we spend money on unique clothing, and we spend more money on coloring it to be even more different from the rest. I think this would boost the amount of people who pay for the piles of **** these lazy **** game creators managed to somehow put into the cash shop while eating hot pockets and drinking pepsi 10 times a day in their basement.

Yes, I am talking **** to the game developers. No I will not take anything back. ****'em. ****'em for legally trying to steal money from us with their "extra cash for random colors to dye clothing chosen from only one god damn closet.

Hope the makers will do something about this. But probably not.
  • Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver
    Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    it's easier in most cases to buy the dye from players in game, blue dyes i got mine for 80kea wich would be alot cheaper imo then getting a random chances..

to all you whining about cash shop prices, you go and make a great free mmorpg, then talk to me.

I'd just like to point out that there's a lot of free MMOs that don't charge NEARLY as much as PW does. I understand that they have to get their money somewhere, but would it be so bad as to have separate colors for sale? Or perhaps raise the amount of gold you get? Only 20 gold pieces for 20 bucks is ridiculous. You should get the 2000 you paid for. That's how people will buy more. Give them an incentive; if you pay 20 bucks, you get 2000 ZEN, or 2000 gold pieces. I think more people will buy if they just lower the prices a bit. I'm not saying they have to go all out. They'd still get their money, but at least we players would be getting more for our fifty bucks.

EDIT: And just be happy they haven't asked us to DONATE.
  • BeingHope - Harshlands
    BeingHope - Harshlands Posts: 5,013 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    When dyeing, do the one where you can put your clothes together so they get dyed the same color b:chuckle

I don't recommend dyeing clothes separately since the colors won't be the same probably. Its only double the pigments but its nice. I've had some pretty good luck while doing it that way b:laugh
    [SIGPIC]http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad175/beinghope/beinghopesiggie.png[/SIGPIC]
    I forgot!!! Thanks forsaken for the signature b:cute
    b:chuckle I love huge catshops LOL b:laugh
  • Emeranta - Lost City
    Emeranta - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I am not complaining about the cash shop at all, I know that this is what's paying for the game but I have to agree that getting to actually choose the colour of the clothes that you buy at the boutique would be a very nice option and it would certainly get more people to buy the fashions.
    I have bought a couple of fashion sets myself and I am not particularly happy with the colours. What is the point of actually buying clothes when you dont know what colour they wil turn out. Its great if you come to like it but what if its something completely stupid? Then its just a waste of money.
    Also what is the point of actually making a dressing room at the cash shop in which you can try on the clothes and actually choose the colour there but then when you like something and buy it you then have to dye it all the same colour and then it turns out a completely opposite colour from what you wanted. And its pointless to try to dye it again because there is no guarantee that the second time it will turn ot any better.
    Buying specifis pigments from the little cat shops is not an option either because if I want to dye a whole set a specific colour I will need at least 10 of the pigments of the colour that I want and that is impossible to come across. I have tried but I could not even find one pigment of that specific colour nevermind 10 of them.
    And we are actually paying real money to dye the clothes.
    Ok make those pigments a bit more expensive but please make it so that we can actually choose the colour of the clothes we're wearing. I just cant believe that this is so hard to do. It is just so frustraiting to actually being able to try on the colour you want and knowing that there is no way that you can get your clothes to turn out this colour.
    Please make it so that we can choose the colour of our clothes.b:beg
    Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.
  • Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver
    Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    This thread was raised from the grave...
  • TeegraSwan - Sanctuary
    TeegraSwan - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    It'd be nice if we could buy specific colors that we want, even if they were 1coin for not-so-popular colors, 1.5coins for the somewhat popular colors like blue/pink/etc, and even 2 coins for colors like black, red, and white
  • konariraiden
    konariraiden Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Yeap...'nother Necro.

b:sweat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I present to you the winner of Konari's Signature Contest...SilversMoon from Heaven's Tear!
This discussion has been closed.