baby pets?

Anaouijia - Sanctuary
Anaouijia - Sanctuary Posts: 125 Arc User
edited November 2008 in Dungeons & Tactics
so i want that little flying pig. so how do i get him? it says you need 5 eggs so can these be any eggs? or certain eggs?
also truthfully , besides being cute. is it worth it to get yourself a baby pet.. i mean you have to raise it from level one.. what are the advantages? disadvantages?

thanks
b:bye
Post edited by Anaouijia - Sanctuary on

Comments

• kotonoha
    kotonoha Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    How to get the pig depends upon which one you want. I am assuming you are playing as a Venomancer, based on your avatar. In that case, there's really no point in getting the "baby" piggy unless you just want to sell it, since baby pets really don't do anything except make you look rich if you are a class other than Venomancer. They look the same but can't battle, basically.

Either way, you are going to have to obtain at least one Windwalking Piggy Egg. He happens to be "rare", so he only shows up once every twelve hours. I've never tried to tame one myself, but a lot of information can be found here. As for time, I guess the rare pets usually show up starting five hours after server maintenance, and then every twelve after that? I know this is the case for Frogling and Tabby Plumdrop, at least. And then it changes even more depending upon when he got captured or fainted, so, uh, it gets very complicated very quickly.
    You could buy an egg, but they tend to be a bit pricey, coin-wise. So I guess it's all about preference.

Um. If you want the baby piggy, then you'd have to do the above until you get five of the aforementioned eggs. So, uh, yeah. D:
  • Anaouijia - Sanctuary
    Anaouijia - Sanctuary Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    oh.. ok.. seems like a lot of wasted hours just for something that looks so cute.. and doesnt really help you out..i really dont feel like waiting around.. plus i suppose i should concintrate on fighting rather than how cute that pig is.... thanks for the info..
  • kotonoha
    kotonoha Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Er, I didn't mean to discourage you, sorry. I kind of rambled and didn't answer your actual question. o__O
    The piggy you can tame looks exactly the same as the baby one, but it is a combat pet, so it can level up and learn skills. Baby pets look just like the non-babies (at least all of the ones in front of Mrs. Zoologist), but they are a lot harder to get, and they don't do anything.
    Also it seems that I greatly overestimated the difficulty in obtaining "rare pets", since I just tamed one of the more popular ones a few hours ago, and it really wasn't as difficult as people say. So yeah. Don't let crankyfaces like me discourage you. b:shy