Referring friends?

warriorpanda
warriorpanda Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2008 in Dungeons & Tactics
So I have 3 friends that registered, all 3 plan on getting past lvl 10 too but they have to spend money on the game in order for it to work? I have 6 other people already wanting to register, download and play.

But nothing counts unless each friend spends 20 bucks right?
Why is that? I'm not trying to complain just curious, that's going to be really hard to do and I'm doing my best to promote this game and my referral link.
I'm sure I can get a ton of people to play, I am the leader of a big gaming network, skateboarding network, and machinima production zone. But I'm doing my best, love this game, but seeing as most people prefer to enjoy a free game cause its free, so...spending money is out of the question.

I don't see why I can't get proper credit or at least half of a referral, or maybe 1/4 credit for a referal, 2/4 credit for lvl 10 referral and full credit for referral that did all 3. Or something of that matter.

Or have it add up to full with each step. This sucks so bad though haha but oh well guess I'll have to give my referral to 100,000 people and hope to God at least 20 of them go all 3 steps.

But anyways can someone explain to me why? And if anyone has actually gotten the 10 complete referrals? I also asked about applying for GM, and they're taking that into consideration (not me being a GM) but having a place to apply a job center if you will of sorts. :D
Metal Gear Online Machinima movies!
cpmstudios.net/
youtube.com/cpmstudios[
PW Handle: WarriorPanda!
Post edited by warriorpanda on

Comments

• Relias - Sanctuary
    Relias - Sanctuary Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Well the thing about the referal system is that you get a prize, but despite it being free for you, they still pay for it out of pocket (well technically ti doesn't cost them anything). The point being if you get all ten referals, they give you a free mount, and I assume it is permanent, and if you paid for it it would be like $20 USD or more. Also you get like another $40 USD worth of zen for free. So they give you $60 worth of stuff in the hopes you will bring far greater profits for them. Besides your friends can just pay the minimum, treat them selves to something nice, and never pay again. Or you can make an arrangement with them where you pay the money, they buy the stuff from the CS for you and you get all teh rewards with no cost to them.

The most important thing you have to remember is these people are a company, and they need to keep the money flowing in somehow so they can continue to provide quality support. Just be glad there is nothing game breaking in the CS yet.
  • warriorpanda
    warriorpanda Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Thank you bud, I appreciate it alot. That's what I was hoping to hear, I wasn't too sure on the referral system, sounds great though and yeah I totally understand it's a business and I'm glad to be a part of this site, this game. My main curiosity is if anyone has successfully done this. I wish I can spend money on a game, maybe if all works out in December ha.

Take care my friend, again thank you for your sincerity, respect and honesty.
    Metal Gear Online Machinima movies!
    cpmstudios.net/
    youtube.com/cpmstudios[
    PW Handle: WarriorPanda!
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I spoke to the GM's about it. Yes some prices were already handed out and not many are left.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DarkDefender - Sanctuary
    DarkDefender - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    ah, ok, just curious I appreciate it thank you both. I have no idea why but when a friend of mine asked me if I played this game, I had this strange feeling I should try it. haha so now, as I've always done is ask things im most curious about, things that'll help me get more involved into the game.
    One day, I won't stop trying either, I'll do my best to go further then just playing and help this site, this game, this company the best I can.

Good luck to you all! I appreciate your help
    I'm looking for a guild! Please message me in-game! I hope to find one that is family oriented and willing to help!
    Server: Sanctuary
    Name: DarkDefender
    Email: TheDarkDefenderMgo[at]Yahoo
  • CheyMeh - Heavens Tear
    CheyMeh - Heavens Tear Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Sorry to add abit... As I've some doubts over the 'referral' system too...
    Apologise to TS (Thread Starter) for using your thread to post ^^

For the referral system to work, I understand those 'refer' friends have to buy at least USD$20.00 worth of item in the cash shop. And to get the Raptor, you need to have 10 friend buying USD$20.00 each.

Question:
    1) Is is possible that a particular friend, instead of 10 buying USD$20.00 each, he bought USD$200.00 worth of item. Will it be consider as 1 referral? Or 10 referral?