will NOT update

Choppasuey - Heavens Tear
Choppasuey - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
edited November 2008 in Support Desk
hi i downloaded the game and installed it and it starts to update and it gets hung on task.data or element.data. ive tried manual patch and i get "update version incorrect latest" message, ive tried it over and over and it simply will not do anything. ive tried everything i could find on the forums from Aryannaveno's uploads to changing my update server text doc and opening ports and nothing works. please help me its driving me insane b:puzzled
Post edited by Choppasuey - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Sounds like there maybe something wrong with your download of the game.

Please download utorrent here:
    http://www.utorrent.com/download.php

And then try this:
    Download a bit torrent program, such as uTorrent.
    Download the torrent controller and open it with your torrent program.

You should then be asked where y ou want to save the file. Browse to the directory where the original Perfect World International.exe file is located (should be my Documents\Downloads, and click OK. The torrent program should then start checking the integrity of the file and correct any corrupted files. You can also right-click on the file in the download area, and select Force Re-check to make extra sure.

kammie has an alternative guide if the above is confusing.
    1. download the torrent
    2. double click it, or just open it with utorrent
    3. LET IT DOWNLOAD FOR LIKE 1 MB ---> this way, utorrent generates the entire file
    4. now close utorrent and the download
    5. copy your corrupted zip file that you have downloaded before to the folder that utorrent created and overwrite that file
    6. open utorrent but do NOT start the download, instead rehash it by right clicking and selecting 'forece recheck' (or something like this, currently do not have bittorrent client installed)
    7. after awhile (about 3 minutes if u have a fast computer) it should say u have near 100% download
    8. continue download
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    For the manual patch, all you have to do is double-click on the file (make sure the game is not running already), and the game menu will pop up and the patch will apply itself.

Then exit and restart the game.

Otherwise, you may need to change some of your network settings.

Reference here: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=75572
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I have my own trick when trying to patch the game which is why I can do the uploads so fast even if I have problem. (And yes I am AryannaVeno) Try deleting the tasks.data and/or element.data and then patching. It still may stop at other files but closing the downoad and launcher then restarting everything does work though may take some time.

Also:
    Have you tried the official patchmirrors yet?

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=87242
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Choppasuey - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    i dont know, ive tried everything you guys have mentioned, ive even uninstalled it , redownloaded it and reinstalled and it still simply will not go past task.data. i cant imagine why the manual patch isnt working, ive tried them from all the different links you guys have provided and i still get "update version incorrect latest"
  • darthpanda16
    edited November 2008
    It could be a networking issue, please review this thread: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=75572
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
    edited November 2008
    tried all that too but to but nothing happened, ill just keep messing with it for awhile i suppose
  • darthpanda16
    edited November 2008
    What did you try? What were the results? What settings did you setup?
    What did your traceroute say? What kind of ping did you get?
    edited November 2008
    isp= eatel
    location=louisiana,USA
    connection=DSL
    protocol=TCP/IP (static)
    bandwidth=10828kbps down 1074 up
    edited November 2008
    142borc.jpg
    edited November 2008
    w7ir9t.jpg

sorry for the triple post, im not good at uploading pics and all
    edited November 2008
    is that the correct information that you needed?
  • CoolWolf_Uk - Heavens Tear
    CoolWolf_Uk - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I had this as well when updating from version 32 to 37, let me guess it's failing on 'tasks.data',
    If you can go into your C:\Program Files\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\element\data\ directory,
    And rename the existing tasks.data something like _tasks.data,
    The updater will then be able to update the tasks.data from scratch (creating it and updating it.)

Sorry for the repost from the official list but this also affected my update too so...
  • Renara - Heavens Tear
    Renara - Heavens Tear Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    ive tried manual patch and i get "update version incorrect latest" message, ive tried it over and over and it simply will not do anything.

Are you certain you've applied the correct manual patch? If you just downloaded the game client, I believe the one called Patch 1-37 is what you need. If that doesn't work, I suggest trying the Patch 1-32 and then the Patch 32-37, just to make sure there's nothing wrong with the Patch 1-37 file.
    "Sorry, we don't need a barbarian. We have a frog."
    edited November 2008
    yep thats works, i didnt know i had to start from the first patch i was trying 32-37, now i feel like a moron
This discussion has been closed.