dye pigments

snowbell
snowbell Posts: 4 Arc User
edited February 2009 in General Discussion
How can i make dye pigments?
I see people in Arc selling a color and i would like to know how to make them myself!

And yes i know that you can buy RANDOM pigments for the item mall...i would like to know the way to make a specific color

thanks for the helpb:laugh
Post edited by snowbell on

Comments

• Lvl - Heavens Tear
    Lvl - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    i believe there is a dye package for random dye's but as for certain dye's its all ah and shops buddy as far as i knowb:victory
  • snowbell
    edited November 2008
    yes i know that...like i said in like post i want to know how to make the actual color pigment!!!
  • roxy
    roxy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    It's not possible to make/create your own pigment. You have to buy them from the item mall / other players.
    6to4uv.jpg

To the world, you may be one person
    But to one person, you may be the world
  • Tenderloin - Sanctuary
    Tenderloin - Sanctuary Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Wish there's a way you can buy specific color of pigments than get random color for 50 silvers a pop. Right now i'm avoiding buying costumes because costumes require pigment (the default colors are soo ugly = phail). And pigments are doled out randomly too = another phail. Not to mention some costumes require a ton of pigments to change color = mega phail!
  • Jestersig - Heavens Tear
    Jestersig - Heavens Tear Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Wish there's a way you can buy specific color of pigments than get random color for 50 silvers a pop. Right now i'm avoiding buying costumes because costumes require pigment (the default colors are soo ugly = phail). And pigments are doled out randomly too = another phail. Not to mention some costumes require a ton of pigments to change color = mega phail!

When you buy an outfit there is no default color. The outfit is a random color, same as a pigment is random. You may get a **** ugly color or you may get just what you want. It all depends on luck or a random number generator I should say.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • snowbell
    edited November 2008
    ok now see like i said in my first post i know that you can buy RANDOM pigments...

HOW DO PEOPLE GET THE ACTUAL COLOR PIGMENTS??????
  • Damson - Sanctuary
    Damson - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    the only way to get a specific colour is to look for someone selling the colour you want
    its always random when you get it from the cash shop but someone might want to sell the colour you want
    when you buy the random ones from the cash shop/player you double click them and you get a colour pigment but its random all you can do is sell you ones you dont want and buy the ones you do from players who got it from the random dye pack

if thats not very clear im sorry im not very articulate
  • Ajriaz_skaya - Heavens Tear
    Ajriaz_skaya - Heavens Tear Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    snowbell wrote: »
    ok now see like i said in my first post i know that you can buy RANDOM pigments...

HOW DO PEOPLE GET THE ACTUAL COLOR PIGMENTS??????

** whacks your head repeatedly with a stick **
    WE TELL YOU THAT YOU CAN'T

There's

1 - Random Pigment that give a random color that changes each time ( well 75% of the time it's black )
    2 - Pigment Box that gives you a random FIXED color that'll stay the same

So either way you have to try again again again again again again and burn money
    People that sells colors are just people that did try a gazillion times
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • snowbell
    edited November 2008
    ok now if u say that u cant then how are people selling a yellow pigment or a blue pigment!??!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
    edited November 2008
    Are you trolling on purpose ?

If not, please, tell me the words you're not able to understand in my phrases and I'll try to use some others as an exercise in communication.
    As long as you're speaking French, English, German, Dutch, Dane, Swedish or Polish I'll be able to make myself clear.

Let's try this in the meantime.

Cash Shop be selling two dyes.

Dye one be called Random Dye.
    Random Dye be looking like glass bottle with plenty layers of colored sand.
    You use Random Dye on clothes, clothes changes color at random.
    You use Random Dye again on same cloth, clothes changes color !
    You no decide what color clothes become.

Dye two be called Hot Color Pack.
    Hot Color Pack be looking like white box with red ribbon.
    You use Hot Color Pack, you get a real dye.
    You no choose which color game gives you.

If you want color on your clothes, you must try again and again and again and again and again.

When you have right color, you will have either
    1 - bottles of Random Dyes left
    2 - MANY bottles of real dye but color you no want

So, you will sell excess bottles.

You understanding ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Twilyte - Heavens Tear
    Twilyte - Heavens Tear Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I think your confusion is with the word "random" that is being used a lot.

Yes, you may have seen a dye bottle in shops called "Random Dye" (or whatever its actually called). That is one of two types in the cash shop. And it works exactly as its name...it will randomly change the color of your fashion.

The other dyes that you are seeing (blue, green , yellow, etc) are also from the cash shop. However, when you buy that dye package, the color dye you get is a suprise (you can't actually choose which color you want to buy). That is why we consider it random as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • necro999
    necro999 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Go to that NPC in village in western part of map.

Combine one blue pigment and one yellow pigment and you get one green pigment.

Combine one red pigment and one yellow pigment and you get one orange pigment

Combine one red pigment and one blue pigment and get one purple pigment.

Combine one purple pigment and one blue pigment and you get one violet pigment

Combine one green pigment and one blue pigment and you get aqua colored pigment

Combine one red pigment with one purple pigment and you get maroon pigment

Combine one red pigment and one green pigment and you get brown pigment

Combine one red pigment with one white pigment and get one pink pigment

Combine one blue pigment and one white pigment and get one azure pigment

This game is great it teaches you about primary colors. There may be other colors i missed.

HeHe, Actually this would be a good idea.
  • Twilyte - Heavens Tear
    Twilyte - Heavens Tear Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Good lord, necro, the OP is confused enough!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Baeliia - Heavens Tear
    Baeliia - Heavens Tear Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    lol.. this question was pretty straight forward.. i dont know why ppl were telling you you CANT get fixed colours (i think they mean the chances of getting the colour you want are pretty slim.)

Like Ajriaz said (after much frustration), the bottles of coloured dye are from the hot colours packs.

You will get 1 (one) bottled dye only.. Although sometime it will just give you another random pigment which sucks as you can buy those seperatley in packs of 10.
    edited November 2008
    No no no no no, look better :)
    How can i make dye pigments?
    I see people in Arc selling a color and i would like to know how to make them myself!

And yes i know that you can buy RANDOM pigments for the item mall...i would like to know the way to make a specific color

thanks for the helpb:laugh

He didn't ask how to get a specific color but how to craft it, which is impossible.
    So we told him what he can and cannot do, he didn't trust us and asked again and again. Which indeed frustrates me and makes me jumpy.

Plus, I like to argue and pour miles of words ^_^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • odb
    odb Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    ok now if u say that u cant then how are people selling a yellow pigment or a blue pigment!??!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

sigh...read the post right above yours it explains it perfectly. if you cant understand that then give up and quit annoying people with your low intelligence.
  • Sepulchre - Sanctuary
    Sepulchre - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Come on people.

Not everyone did the beta (or whatever) and had the info spoon-fed to them over time.

It IS confusing because the Cash Shop desciptions SUCK,

That BUYING something results in a random product is turning it into a lottery. May even NOT be legal since REAL CASH is involved. In the end, it is confusing.

Just reading the description DOES NOT tell you whether you can separate the dyes or not.

This was the ultimate question that was asked. --- How are people separating the dye packs and are able to sell them singly to others.

Simple answer to the entire thinge is;

1) You cannot craft dyes
    2) You have to buy them and accept the random **** from Cash Shop hoping you get what you want - eventually and many $$$ later.
    3) Players selling them have bought them for $$$ and are trying to sell what they cannot use to others.

Read again - you will see it - if you take the time and don't assume that every new person should automatically know what you know.

And stop thinking you're some kind of gods who explain everything perfectly so all should bow down and believe you.

So many people forget what it's like to be new to something and not know - and - not have that much cash to waste on this stuff.

Your not being helpful and kind, you're being witchy and catty.

I don't care one way or another about the dyes. They need to fix way more about this game before I will care more about their cash shop besides the charms and sensible stuff.

But jeeez people - get a grip. If you're going to help, help. If you have feelings of sarcasm and want to denigrate someone - walk away.

You were given a PVP server for that bad behavior. It really doesn't belong on the official game website.

Saidje
  • Rosewhite - Sanctuary
    Rosewhite - Sanctuary Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Come on people.

Not everyone did the beta (or whatever) and had the info spoon-fed to them over time.

It IS confusing because the Cash Shop desciptions SUCK,

That BUYING something results in a random product is turning it into a lottery. May even NOT be legal since REAL CASH is involved. In the end, it is confusing.

Just reading the description DOES NOT tell you whether you can separate the dyes or not.

This was the ultimate question that was asked. --- How are people separating the dye packs and are able to sell them singly to others.

Simple answer to the entire thinge is;

1) You cannot craft dyes
    2) You have to buy them and accept the random **** from Cash Shop hoping you get what you want - eventually and many $$$ later.
    3) Players selling them have bought them for $$$ and are trying to sell what they cannot use to others.

Read again - you will see it - if you take the time and don't assume that every new person should automatically know what you know.

And stop thinking you're some kind of gods who explain everything perfectly so all should bow down and believe you.

So many people forget what it's like to be new to something and not know - and - not have that much cash to waste on this stuff.

Your not being helpful and kind, you're being witchy and catty.

I don't care one way or another about the dyes. They need to fix way more about this game before I will care more about their cash shop besides the charms and sensible stuff.

But jeeez people - get a grip. If you're going to help, help. If you have feelings of sarcasm and want to denigrate someone - walk away.

You were given a PVP server for that bad behavior. It really doesn't belong on the official game website.

Saidje

Why I totally agree with you, the OP started being rude way before these other people were. Even going as far to type in huge text and caps. Clearly, this person does not understand and instead of typing it in a clear manner, they wrote something that was quite illegible. These people are only responding to the rudeness of the OP and i understand their frustration.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'm just a vagabond with flowers for Algernon...
  • LifePromiser - Sanctuary
    LifePromiser - Sanctuary Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    This thread is a fail.NO kidding.
  • lizlv
    lizlv Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Cash Shop be selling two dyes.

Dye one be called Random Dye.
    Random Dye be looking like glass bottle with plenty layers of colored sand.
    You use Random Dye on clothes, clothes changes color at random.
    You use Random Dye again on same cloth, clothes changes color !
    You no decide what color clothes become.

Dye two be called Hot Color Pack.
    Hot Color Pack be looking like white box with red ribbon.
    You use Hot Color Pack, you get a real dye.
    You no choose which color game gives you.

If you want color on your clothes, you must try again and again and again and again and again.

When you have right color, you will have either
    1 - bottles of Random Dyes left
    2 - MANY bottles of real dye but color you no want

So, you will sell excess bottles.

You understanding ?

LOL - I was cracking up reading your post, Ajriaz. b:laugh That was hilarious.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    If you right click the Hot Colors pack like it TELLS YOU TO, it gives you a random dye bottle.

BUT if you left dbl click the hot colors pack it gives you a single color pigment. (or sometimes a random bottle.. which is a pita and lame).

Saitada
  • Atsukoi - Heavens Tear
    Atsukoi - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    well, you cant...
    but guess what, i've 1 Yellow pigment and 1 bright green pigment...
    if u wanna buy it from me, its only for 100k/each b:pleased
  • Phanty - Heavens Tear
    Phanty - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    b:bye Thanks guys for your explanations. I was looking for info about dye pigments today and this thread cleared all my doubts. Wow, I cannot imagine you guys explained the same over and over again and he could not understand b:shocked.
  • bzbee
    bzbee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    If you right click the Hot Colors pack like it TELLS YOU TO, it gives you a random dye bottle.

BUT if you left dbl click the hot colors pack it gives you a single color pigment. (or sometimes a random bottle.. which is a pita and lame).

Saitada

I right click it all the time and I get single colours or a random bottle.

And yes, I agree giving a random bottle of pigment for a supposedly 'hot colour' pack is really lame.
    Phoenix plume count: 2450 b:sad

I want the phoenix because I think its pretty. b:cute
  • Zhoelle - Sanctuary
    Zhoelle - Sanctuary Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Should I? No, I can't bear the humiliation...but I must...

Hot Colors Pack ($0.50): gives you a single one-time use, randomly selected colour, that can be used to change the colour of your clothing item
    -okay, so far so good (I know this because I bought one)

Random Pigment ($2.00): gives you a bottle of a random colour.

Since I am obviously unable (based on previous dialogue) to comprehend simple english, I have to ask a couple of stupid questions. (that, or buy a pigment bottle to find out for myself)

1. Is the bottle re-usable, giving you the same colour over and over again? (I'm guessing probably not)
    2. Is the bottle re-usable, giving you a different colour over and over again? (I'm guessing it's probably not re-usable at all)
    3. Does the bottle give you a randomly generated amount of clothing dye, also of a random colour? (this is my best guess, since many items of clothing require more than one dye)

<please try not to hurt your forehead on the wall when you read this b:chuckle>
  • Drussella - Sanctuary
    Drussella - Sanctuary Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/9281

And to some others, "step away from the keyboard!" this waiting is obviously starting to get on your nerves, it clouds your judgement and you'r short fused.

peace :)
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Why necro this old thread?

[CLOSED]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.