Confused Archer

Silentcow - Sanctuary
Silentcow - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
edited November 2008 in Archer
Hello there, As u see on the title I am an archer. Im not sure how to put my points from now, my stats are currently:

12 Vit
33 Str
5 Magic
167 Dex

Lv 37.

Should I put more on Str or keep putting more on Dex

Rate and tips would be awesomeb:pleased
Post edited by Silentcow - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Relias - Sanctuary
    Relias - Sanctuary Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Well I know very little of this game, much less the higher levels, but of the threads I have read alot of people prefer the "pure dex" archer going 4:1 dex:str every lvl, so they can wear light armor, and do crazy damage. Of course this isn't without drawbacks, such as low hp and defense, so some people go hybrid with either a 3:1:1 dex:str:vit or 7:2:1 dex:str:vit Anyways it is up to you how you play, and there are always stat resets if you really wnat to.
  • xlovex
    xlovex Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    you need more str.

you -must- have str = lvl+4 in order to wear your light armor.

so, thats what you have to get asap.

furthermore, how much did that 7 points in vit help you?

i'd say those 7 points in dex would've been more useful =D

so yea, 1 str 4 dex is a great build.
  • Silentcow - Sanctuary
    edited November 2008
    I think that its 4 Vit points only since my gear gives me some Vitb:pleased
  • xlovex
    xlovex Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    heh well, you know i like to be forceful about the PURE DAMAGE ONLY build.

but really? 4 points isn't going to make a difference, one way or the other.

its just something i really care about, 's all =D

all in all, your build is solid, just make sure you have enough str for your armor.
  • Silentcow - Sanctuary
    edited November 2008
    Yaa, Im not sure how high Str I should get, Im thinking of leaving it at 33, And get like 200+ Dex.
  • phase2
    phase2 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    for a long time i was under the impression my skills were not good. lvl 65 archer with 44 vit, but it seriously is not worth all the dex in my oppinion. If your a pure dex then yes chances are better to kill no doubt... but u pull more agro and you have less health to withstand damage... So your a one hit kill for any boss...
    and for the record i do as much damage as a pure dex build! i got a solarslayer leg wepon and im doin fine! if ur unexperianced like i was wen i started this game... dont make a pure dex build thats my oppinion from one archer to another
  • Nevermore - Heavens Tear
    Nevermore - Heavens Tear Posts: 438 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Yaa, Im not sure how high Str I should get, Im thinking of leaving it at 33, And get like 200+ Dex.

Have you not read previous posts? Your STR MUST be your lvl +4 or you will not be able to equip your lvls Light Armor. If you leave it at 33 Str, you will never again be able to buy higher lvl light armor..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nevermore - Heavens Tear
    Nevermore - Heavens Tear Posts: 438 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    phase2 wrote: »
    for a long time i was under the impression my skills were not good. lvl 65 archer with 44 vit, but it seriously is not worth all the dex in my oppinion. If your a pure dex then yes chances are better to kill no doubt... but u pull more agro and you have less health to withstand damage... So your a one hit kill for any boss...
    and for the record i do as much damage as a pure dex build! i got a solarslayer leg wepon and im doin fine! if ur unexperianced like i was wen i started this game... dont make a pure dex build thats my oppinion from one archer to another

Lol? No boss I have come across has 1 hit killed me. If you draw aggro run.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Silentcow - Sanctuary
    edited November 2008
    Have you not read previous posts? Your STR MUST be your lvl +4 or you will not be able to equip your lvls Light Armor. If you leave it at 33 Str, you will never again be able to buy higher lvl light armor..

I did, And if you didnt see I said that I woulda start raising it after I hitted 200 dex, Im currently Lv 40 with 180 dex and 36 Strenght.