What's wrong with people ?????

Comments

• Oldbear - Sanctuary
    Oldbear - Sanctuary Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Actually it amuses me when i think back of it it has happened twice.The "trade" button doesn't always work and once it was I who put (i think they were boots) on the floor to give them to another player and they got nicked before she could pick them up right in front of our very eyes :)
    (visual: 2 players standing together facing each other and between them on the floor is a blue item)

and again long time later another player was giving something to me and the trade function was was in "error" state so she put them on floor. Again some barbarian run by, nicked them and took off again.

Both things happened in Etherblade. well those were 1-star mob drops so who cares but still- To run and take and go on one needs to click on the item twice from afar (oo- a blue item, i'll go and steal it) and as he picks up be immediately run away again. Well... thieves in reality will be thieves in the net as well I guess.

So if you can't trade because of an system error just wait and try again. And never-ever put 2- or 3-star items on the ground. Ever!
  • RockyFox - Sanctuary
    RockyFox - Sanctuary Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    They should really only allow people 16 and over,
    to be able to play PW,
    because I have met some Immature players aswell.

But yea it can ruin your fun
    When someone see's you going after a monster
    and they run after it,
    to try and kill it before you can...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Altihnkai - Sanctuary
    Altihnkai - Sanctuary Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    to be able to play PW,

and they run after it,

idea might be nice but theres no way to check it.. lots of kids under the 16 will just click the box "yes im 16+"
  • Raennfire - Sanctuary
    Raennfire - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    to be able to play PW,

and they run after it,

I disagree with that statement. I'm only 14, yet I'm not immature at all. I try to be as polite as possible when I'm dealing with other players. People should be judged on their maturity level, and not their age.
  • Tiffanny - Sanctuary
    Tiffanny - Sanctuary Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Raenn; i bet you're a girl, too. trying to find a guy at 14 who'd type like you do would be like looking for a needle in a haystack...
  • Altihnkai - Sanctuary
    Altihnkai - Sanctuary Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Raenn; i bet you're a girl, too. trying to find a guy at 14 who'd type like you do would be like looking for a needle in a haystack...

hater lol.. girls that age can be worse that guys that age.. sex nd age dont matter as raenn said .. its maturity that counts
  • Originalsin - Sanctuary
    Originalsin - Sanctuary Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    we're still on this argument? Age and sex do not matter to a persons level of maturity. now how far/fast their minds have developed is what determines that, along with how much ******** they had to put up with growing up. yes you meat some immature people, no there isnt alot you can do with it, just gotta roll with the punches and keep movein
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    WiccanWay Recruiting ACTIVE lvl40+ players, PM or mail Dylann for more information. Thank you.
  • CRYSTY - Sanctuary
    CRYSTY - Sanctuary Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    DUEL !!!b:laugh ..again and again b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI since nov 2008, FW open beta, BOI open beta, STO free-to-play open release, Torchlight I since came out.
  • Swoosh - Sanctuary
    Swoosh - Sanctuary Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    DUEL !!!b:laugh ..again and again b:chuckle

Errr, I find this a quite displaced post o.O

But anyway, very true, age and sex does not determine someone's maturity level. That's just how most people tend to think, even those that are young themselves, but hey! How can we check that they are really at that age? Even if they say they are X age; who'd know? :D

x3
    x_x
  • szael
    szael Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I am a new user of PW, and even though Ive played MMO's before, I've hardly ever had to put up with this before. I always move around the screen when I first log in,just to see what all the buttons do, and what happens? Some jerk puts on the World Chat: "Hey, look! some idiot noob just arrived!" Why must people be so immature all the time?b:angry
    The Sage ot the Threads is my older brother.

Nice to meet you!b:heartb:byeb:heart

I hope that this game will be fun!
  • Swoosh - Sanctuary
    edited November 2008
    szael wrote: »
    I am a new user of PW, and even though Ive played MMO's before, I've hardly ever had to put up with this before. I always move around the screen when I first log in,just to see what all the buttons do, and what happens? Some jerk puts on the World Chat: "Hey, look! some idiot noob just arrived!" Why must people be so immature all the time?b:angry

Oh? Well you are experiencing World Chat in the most idiotic way ever, i have simply muted that channel because of all the free accoustics and mindless nubs (those that post all those failure-type announcements).

It used to be better, about 30% was mindless with at least some time gap between WC now there is one every second with 99.99% utter spam. Just wait till everyone uses theirs up, in the meantime just kill WC from your chat, you'll feel much better ^^.

x3
    x_x
    edited November 2008
    swoosh, that depends on your sense of humor, the vast majority of worl chat spam gives me lawls for idiocy XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    WiccanWay Recruiting ACTIVE lvl40+ players, PM or mail Dylann for more information. Thank you.
  • sasha380
    sasha380 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Well I hope this doesn't make a stereotype for new players... I'm ordering the game in (and looking to play on the Sanctuary server) and its taking what seems like forever, as I'm so eager to start playing...
    I personally don't like people who ruin it for everyone else, but I do enjoy helping out other people when I can b:pleased
  • Swoosh - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008
    swoosh, that depends on your sense of humor, the vast majority of worl chat spam gives me lawls for idiocy XD

well you can lol with it, but then it keeps going... not only is it useless, it distracts people, and gets in the way of other chats (alot of ppl PM me, talk to me in normal chat... in squad chat... in faction chat... all at the same time, world chat is just too much really if it isn't usefull). Also all that idiocy gets in the way of ppl who actually make good use of WC, recruiting, trading, etc. ^^ x
    x_x
  • Sixzero - Sanctuary
    Sixzero - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I know I'll probably get flamed for this, but if we have to listen to idiotic **** on WC, then they need to double the price on telecoustics. That would clean up at least half of the ignorance on the WC that's rotting our brains to mulch.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2008
    you really think it would slow it down? people still sell it in shops, and in game coin is easier to come by XD if it gets too much for me i shut off world chat (but the chance at laughter is too much to pass up XD)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sixzero - Sanctuary
    Sixzero - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Considering the price of telecoustics would rise to 25-30k each, HOPEFULLY some people will reconsider before posting pointless banter, but you're prolly right.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sashera - Sanctuary
    Sashera - Sanctuary Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Actually Iv found on the sanctuary server, that at least 50% of the WC is trading and selling Ect. you only get the occasional idiot posting random stuff *shrugs*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Oishasan - Sanctuary
    Oishasan - Sanctuary Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I'm an old school MMO gamer (and an old man, LOL)

So coming to this game, I knew 2 things...
    It's going to be crowded,
    it's new and going to be alot of new people running around,
    doing newbie things (ninja looting and KSing isn't always intentional).

There's going to be many, MANY bad apples in the lower stages.
    So give them a couple strikes, but after 2 times,

bring in a handy paper and pen (my paper has turned into a pad, sadly)
    Write down the name of the player, and what they did,
    also write down their faction (if it applies).

Two reasons,
    One, it's an easy way to vent your frustration and move on.
    and secondly, as you progress, you can be aware of this type of person and avoid them (and their faction).

hope this helps.
    Oishasan
    Light Armor build, Support Cleric

Kenmei
    Barbarian, feral build

amale
    Arcane Veno
    Beetle Wrangler
  • Temerayn - Sanctuary
    Temerayn - Sanctuary Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Oishasan has a point.

Besides, if you ever run into them in a higher place and they have PK on? I say have at 'em! That's just me though.
  • Tawarwaith - Sanctuary
    Tawarwaith - Sanctuary Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Well, PW is the first MMO I've ever played, and I think that most people on the server aren't that bad. Sure, I've been ignored, mocked, etc., but I believe that's inevitable. Eventually, when they get to higher lvl, they won't make it anymore since nobody wants to team up with them.

However we shouldn't forget that there are a lot of players that do help you out. I really appreciated all the help I've got till now (fb19, bloodraged cadaver, yansheng, etc.), and at my turn I try to help people out. (eventhough I'm not always in the mood to play in a sqaud)

So instead of blaming those who aren't well bred, I just one give another thanks to those who helped me till now b:victory
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    lol. yea, a lot of people on this server are ridiculously immature and obnoxious.

the other day at the hare spawns, some kid and his/her friend killed the thing twice, then blamed it on me, meanwhile i 1-didnt attack it, 2-didnt have a pet out, 3-cast tame (which does no damage). nonetheless these two twits get it in their mind that i killed it, go around telling people i killed it, then when i showed up for another one and they were there, one of them is mouthing off, insisting that i am a 40 year old man and saying other things about "my balls"... then her friend tells me I am annoying and that I should leave... to top it all off tho was the 3 or 4 other people who whispered me, asking ME to be nice to THEM (the 2 twits)... it got to the point where i told them i'd kill the hare, so they left.

the really obnoxious one's name was RubyMistress btw. it's people like her that make me wish i was on the pk server. b:angry
  • Oishasan - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008
    Well,
    obviously, they must be well informed players..

because the majority of people that play MMORPGs are 35+

Use any gaming site data to confirm this. This is why parents should be extra careful in allowing their kids to play MMORPGs. And also why gamers are usually hypersensitive of who we 'party' with.

Sorry you had to go through that though, thanks for the warning.
    Oishasan

Kenmei
    Barbarian, feral build

amale
    Arcane Veno
    Beetle Wrangler
  • Madrok - Sanctuary
    Madrok - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Hi.
    I`m fairly new to PWI and tbh I have run into a few players that seemed quite immature, they might have been young or old irl but their attitude in game sucked.
    Any of the ppl that have been rude to me or some1 else that I have witnessed have mostly been high lvl players, ( especially with the xmas event ), but as a general rule of my own I try not to be rude to any1 even when its close to impossible not to be.
    If a player is so rude that it annoy`s me then I take screenshots of the chat and make an official complaint, not that I get any satisfaction out of that, but it is only a game and most ppl play for enjoyment, not to get harrassed.
    Thankfully, its not as bad as other games I have played.

b:bye
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    im not so sure about that 35+ years old statistic... took a lot of research classes and statistics are not everything. gotta question who publishes them and all that. also, from personal experience, i haven't met anyone on this server yet who was over 25. majority are under 20.. under 15 for that matter. im my little guild alone, out of 50 players, 3 of us are over 20, the rest are under 15.
  • Oishasan - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008
    get them on vent or teamspeak.

because there is no chance that someone would lie about their age in an internet game.

no chance at all.....

and as far as statistics go, like I said, go to any gaming industry site (i.e. blog sites, game reviewers, beta testers, etc.). Ask any marketing rep for MMOs. Gen X still forms industry decisions, though Gen Y is gathering a strong following, but has yet to define itself past console games.
    Notice I did not mention Wii, XBox, nor PSP. I mentioned MMORPGs.

Reason why MMORPGs focus on this group, is
    1. They were and have been loyal to the genre, a constant staying power of steady income.
    2. A constant monthly supply of income that is never in question, whereas marketing for folks under 18 can lead to unpaid/disputed payments.
    This is where console games win this market, it's a one time fee parents can pay. Most parents will not subscribe to a monthly fee, or 'hey mom give me your credit card so I can buy this bikini for my cartoon online!'...umm, no.
    Oishasan

Kenmei
    Barbarian, feral build

amale
    Arcane Veno
    Beetle Wrangler
  • SethReynolds - Sanctuary
    SethReynolds - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Yeah, some people can be really annoying.
    For example, the players that want to duel you, today someone wanted to duel me and when I accepted he ran away, I couldnt attack him as he was gone, so instead, I walked away, he quickly returned and taunted me so I hammered him >=]
    Of course he whined and said was sore because I couldnt find him and that he was not running away but hiding. Jeez, how do people play like this? I have lvl 16 friends who duel me to the end and go down fighting, I fight barbarians that I can hardly scratch with my strongest spells, and yet, we dont complain when we are clobbered, we laugh and compare damage. That is what dueling is about, good old fun.

And on the topic of bad higher lvls that help with FBs, some wont even listen to the tab holders, I did FB19 twice before I did my own, first time was with a friend who had to do it, I stayed back and listened to my Faction (Who was helping) and got through without dieing. Than it was my turn to do FB but there was another wizard to do the quest, so we used his tab instead of mine, turned out great. So of course I was ready for my FB19 which in turn was great.

But when helping out a friend I recruited random people that were willing to help, but it was terrible, 1 higher lvl wiped out half the mob before we could get there, and when at the boss I asked the group to help find rest of mob, they ignored me and killed the boss, the quest was not finished so they complained and left, that stopped my friend from wanting to do his FB as he had a bad experience. It took me ages to convince him to complete it.

Yes Ive had bad experiences in this game but hanging out with friends, killing mobs and flaming people in Archo about their prices makes you forget about this stuff. :)
  • Oldbear - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008
    Yeah, some people can be really annoying.
    For example, the players that want to duel you, today someone wanted to duel me and when I accepted he ran away, I couldnt attack him as he was gone, so instead, I walked away, he quickly returned and taunted me so I hammered him >=]
    Of course he whined and said was sore because I couldnt find him and that he was not running away but hiding.

Just remember this one for a while :) Later, when you're LV50 you have seen lot more and understand better the colorful folks that roam around here. You will also be more rutinized by endless grindfest-quests and I'm sure you'd find this situation highly amusing :) And whenever somebody offers free circus...I'm sure you'd enjoy it much more. I got challenged in Ether the other day by...LV2?. But like I said it's free circus.
    And on the topic of bad higher lvls that help with FBs, some wont even listen to the tab holders, I did FB19 twice before I did my own, first time was with a friend who had to do it, I stayed back and listened to my Faction (Who was helping) and got through without dieing. Than it was my turn to do FB but there was another wizard to do the quest, so we used his tab instead of mine, turned out great. So of course I was ready for my FB19 which in turn was great.

You were acting according to your class, since wizard are supposed to be smart. Scout ahead... and go with your people. That's really only way to do your tab.
    But when helping out a friend I recruited random people that were willing to help, but it was terrible, 1 higher lvl wiped out half the mob before we could get there, and when at the boss I asked the group to help find rest of mob, they ignored me and killed the boss, the quest was not finished so they complained and left, that stopped my friend from wanting to do his FB as he had a bad experience. It took me ages to convince him to complete it.

I might get flared on this but since seen it several times I encourage to do very simple thing- when you notice this- let the tab holder say a short warning that he doesn't like what's going on (objectively- no emotional bubbling) and he will dismiss the squad if it continues. and when you are getting the feeling that you or your friend are nevertheless about to get screwed do not hesitate to carry out the warning immediately! however there are some silent paladins among the squads who might have not know what was gonna happen so it would be fair to forewarn about your doubts and possible dismissal.
    Yes Ive had bad experiences in this game but hanging out with friends, killing mobs and flaming people in Archo about their prices makes you forget about this stuff. :)

Prices should be best as ever now are they not? so many are focused on snowmen and as I've noticed- distracted customers don't make a busy marketing day (means wanna get rid of stuff- unsale!). However because of snowmen you too can make like 100K in less than a day without leaving the city.

Anyway you seems like a good guy and i wish you luck in game!
  • anneugc
    anneugc Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Good luck from me toob:victory
  • Oldbear - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    Then, he was unhappy. We fought the way through the boss and what he did was stand still and didn't talk to the pillar. His factionmate told us that he was mad at us. We tried to explain to him nicely that there is no experience lost even we have alot of member in the party. After 10 minutes of explaining to him, he still didn't talk to pillar... so we decided to kick him out and killed the boss. This was just terrible. We offered our help to him to complete a fb19 quest and to get his blue glowing weapon... but then... he did this to us. so sad.

I know it's very old post but now reading old posts suddenly few questions rise I didn't notice before:

1) Is it possible to kick out the squad leader? I didn't think it was till now. And as a tab holder he was squad leader right?
    2) If you could kick him out because he was NOT squad leader at the time- how on earth was he supposed to be able to talk to the pillar in the first place?