PWI Black Friday Sale Does Not Live Up to BF Spirit

Hisui - Heavens Tear
Hisui - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,369 Arc User
edited November 2008 in General Discussion
PWI's effort to appease players by marking down all boutique prices as a nod to the "black friday" is nothing but an embellishment that disregards the true spirit of black friday.

Ladies and gentlemen, I am talking about fierce competition.

To us average Americans (especially Asian Americans like me who wouldn't buy toilet papers without a coupon), black friday stands for waking up the earliest and beating everyone else to the front of the line of your favorite store. For many boys, this is also the only day in the year when they can get girls to be with them at night. There will be shoving, there will be drama, and there will be tears when Victoria's Secret runs out of T-backs. But the sweet taste of victory as you brandish your new set of DVD player and discounted wedding dresses in front of lame slow-pokes will be the ultimate pleasure of this wonderful holiday.

PWI's event has failed to capture that spirit. By having an unlimited amount of discounted items, the fun of competition will be no more.

I propose PWI limit the discounted items to 200 units per item. Not only will this instill the much needed competition to a black fridays sale but will also give the PWI servers a fair stress test.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Check out ForsakenX 's sig thread O_O
Enrage - We Eat.
Post edited by Hisui - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Tiffanny - Sanctuary
    Tiffanny - Sanctuary Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    nice sentiment but pwi wants to sell as many items as possible. and hey, the unique lion mount is sorta competitive... in a lottery-ticket sort of way.

let em lower prices as a nod to our quaint american tradition of thanking God for all of our blessings (while we all laugh at how godhatesYOU of <Nefarious> probably cries and pouts all day long in sheer outrage). it's a nice gesture, and hopefully helps em pay the bills. god knows i don't help. i just earn huge coin with my beautiful blonde bombshell Venodancer, and buy stuff THAT way.

<cuddles shadou cub>
  • kalokaro
    kalokaro Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Lol, that's fantastic. Thank you I needed the chuckle.
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    It should always be first-come-first-serve. Can you imagine standing in front of Comp-USA wanting to get a new model of battery-powered-companion for 3 hours and some girl in the back gets it? I would probably shotgun her in the face. You don't want that to happen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Enrage - We Eat.
  • Seeana - Heavens Tear
    Seeana - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    As a Retail Store Ast. Manager, i have a love/hate relationship with Black Friday, hate having to get up early to make the store spotless, only to have it wrecked 5 mins. after we open the doors. Hate the long lines, the crying babies, the noise, the rude people, hate those people that are in such a hurry that they come into a crowded store and think they will get checked out in a few minutes. Hate X-mas music that has actually been playing in our store for the past month, hate to see those Salvation Army guys outside(wish the world was a better place, not for the fact they usually block the doors)

Love seeing a couple of old ladies beating the **** out of each other for items that A) you can't eat B) is not really worth the "Markdown Price" and C) YOU CAN'T EAT!!!
    Love using my employee discount on already discounted items that I can't eat also b:chuckle
    Love to see the bewildered looks on the husbands faces at all the people crowded around them(work in a hobby/craft store more heavy towards girly crafts)

Hate people in general for this day, and why do i still remain in retail and of all things play a MMORPG you may ask, well to the retail thing, $$$$$, as to the game genre choice? I get to kill stuff b:pleased
  • Deity - Lost City
    Deity - Lost City Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Sadly, it will not work as I have just charged a thousand into my account. I'd have swept the CS in less than 5 minutes. I am afraid there will be even more complaints then.

Keep it the way it is. I am looking forward to it.
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    Sadly, it will not work as I have just charged a thousand into my account. I'd have swept the CS in less than 5 minutes. I am afraid there will be even more complaints then.

Keep it the way it is. I am looking forward to it.

Its not about money. Its about speed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Enrage - We Eat.
  • Deity - Lost City
    edited November 2008
    Its not about money. Its about speed.

200? That will take a while to get sold out. I will be on as soon as server is up. Unless there is a limit per person, I will be sure to grab as many as I can. All in all, what you are proposing will not work.
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    There is no buy-all option. You have to click the items one by one. Unless you have proper training in the art of fingering chances are you will not be able to click 200x before other ppl get their hands on the e-items as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Enrage - We Eat.
  • Sweaty - Heavens Tear
    Sweaty - Heavens Tear Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Yeah they would NEVER do that. Maybe they could give a bonus to the first 200 or something or make it that you have to wait online for 4 hours before you get what you want.... i dunno like the idea though.
  • Deity - Lost City
    edited November 2008
    There is no buy-all option. You have to click the items one by one. Unless you have proper training in the art of fingering chances are you will not be able to click 200x before other ppl get their hands on the e-items as well.

The problem is, the items will NOT be in such a demand that people will camp for it. I can promise you that this is such a bargain that all 200 packages will be gone within 5 minutes. Gives me an ample amount of time to practice my art of fingering chances....
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    The problem is, the items will NOT be in such a demand that people will camp for it. I can promise you that this is such a bargain that all 200 packages will be gone within 5 minutes. Gives me an ample amount of time to practice my art of fingering chances....

It's called buy low sell high. If people in real life will camp the most useless goods just to resell/gift it then I'm pretty sure our bright PWI player base won't fail us either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Enrage - We Eat.
  • Psychologist - Heavens Tear
    Psychologist - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    On Black Friday, a substantial amount of items are sold at a lower price--this does not mean these items are discontinued. The difference between Black Friday and what you're saying is an x amount of one unit being sold, whereas Black Friday is about abundant units being sold at x price - x being lower than the commonplace.

An excerpt, if you will:
    The earliest uses of "Black Friday" come from or reference Philadelphia and refer to the heavy traffic on that day, an implicit comparison to the extremely stressful and chaotic experience of Black Tuesday (the 1929 stock-market crash).

Wikipedia Source

We all know what the stock market crash dealt with--units were dropping, and fast. In the early 1900s the U.S. and countless other countries went into what was called the "Great Depression." In commemoration for this day, they made what was called the "Black Friday," where certain entities were sold for lower prices--to represent the day of the collapse. Black Friday isn't represented by the amount of x per unit, as you can always supply more, but rather by how much x's value is for each unit.
  • Deity - Lost City
    edited November 2008
    It's called buy low sell high. If people in real life will camp the most useless goods just to resell/gift it then I'm pretty sure our bright PWI player base won't fail us either.

Not alot of people bothered to store up on Miji and Silver Charms before when they had a week to prepare back then. Doubt they will really stay up to camp for something thats like over 10 dollars per package.
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    On Black Friday, a substantial amount of items are sold at a lower price--this does not mean these items are discontinued. The difference between Black Friday and what you're saying is an x amount of one unit being sold, whereas Black Friday is about abundant units being sold at x price - x being lower than the commonplace.

An excerpt, if you will:

Wikipedia Source

We all know what the stock market crash dealt with--units were dropping, and fast. In the early 1900s the U.S. and countless other countries went into what was called the "Great Depression." In commemoration for this day, they made what was called the "Black Friday," where certain entities were sold for lower prices--to represent the day of the collapse. Black Friday isn't represented by the amount of x per unit, as you can always supply more, but rather by how much x's value is for each unit.

Wow. I have succeeded my purpose in this thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Enrage - We Eat.
  • Psychologist - Heavens Tear
    Psychologist - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Wow. I have succeeded my purpose in this thread.

Is there something you don't quite understand?