Drop Rates

Alfreya - Heavens Tear
Alfreya - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
edited June 2010 in General Discussion
Do drop rates for the same mob decrease as you lvl? I seem to remember higher drop rates for the same mob when I was lower lvl, though it was harder to kill at the time. If so, what's the rate of decrease?
Post edited by Alfreya - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Wei - Heavens Tear
    Wei - Heavens Tear Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    yes. as soon as the mobs turned green to you, the drop rate from them starts decreasing as you lvl.
  • Alfreya - Heavens Tear
    Alfreya - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    How much does it drop? I would like to farm for some mats, but it seems the ones i'm looking for all come from green mobs.
  • xylax
    xylax Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    How much does it drop? I would like to farm for some mats, but it seems the ones i'm looking for all come from green mobs.

WHAT are mobs?
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Mobs == MOBile object

It's usually used to describe individual enemies in an MMO, although strictly speaking mob covers both allied and enemy mobiles.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nalamwen - Sanctuary
    Nalamwen - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Does anyone know how much the rate decreases?
  • Biovolk - Heavens Tear
    Biovolk - Heavens Tear Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    i heard its a problem with PWI that you are unable to farm low lvl mats from mobs when your level is way above them. I personally think this is a game design flaw that needs to be fixed. They shouldn't have to force you to trade or buy the mats from the cash shop.
  • slicey
    slicey Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Alright, I'm in total agreement to this thread that the drop rates should stay the same no matter what level you are. I found manufacturing boring at the start of the game. I wanted to kill the required monsters for quests in order to level up higher. I wanted to use those awesome spells that the higher levels were using. Manufacturing was the last thing on my mind, and I figured I could get the materials easier from monsters by leveling up higher.

Wow, how much wronger could I be. I'm currently working on the "Worries of a Banker" quest, and I just can't seem to get the materials that easily as I used to be able to. I've killed so many dryads and ghouls to the west of Archosaur that this is getting ridiculous. Why should someone with a higher level and more experience have to suffer to get lower level items.

Is this really your way to make money off of people through the boutique easily? Please, for the sake of the people like me, make the drops off of monsters not change at all as you level. You should be rewarded for leveling, not punished. It just doesn't make any sense to be punished, and it turns me away from this game. I'm really surprised that there are only a few people ranting on this issue, but maybe that's because only a few people do manufacturing because of this. Think of new ways to make your money, not through this way.

I think the drop rates should somehow correspond to your level better, that would fix this mess. If you can get a certain item approximately every minute by killing monsters on a lower leveled account, then it should take about one minute of kills for a high leveled person to get the item. The higher leveled person would have to kill more monsters, but it will take the same amount of time. I'm just enraged how it is right now that I have to spend about 20 min to get a basic manufacturing item, when it takes about one min for a lower leveled player to obtain one. Where is the equal ratio there? Don't you think that's a little off? You shouldn't be making money off of players from basic game skills like this that were intended to be a key part of gaming enhancement.
  • Aznxdreamer - Heavens Tear
    Aznxdreamer - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    errm heres an answer. When you reach a high lvl you can 1 hit KO the mobs. If drop rates were'nt decreased, the game will have an even bigger flaw when high lvls are farming and getting richer and richer simply quicker.
  • slicey
    edited November 2008
    Sure they will get richer, but they deserve to be if they're a high level imo. They're rewarded by killing monsters faster by spending hundreds of hours of training themselves. Leave the more valuable items to the high level monsters, and the basic ones to the lower ones, and make the drop rate not change. I can't even get the basic materials to start off with any skill unless I buy them off players, or I buy them through the boutique. The chances are getting slimmer as I progress through levels at lightning speeds.
  • sweaty
    sweaty Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Fortunately that wouldnt happen because the prices of low level materials would lower significantly if they were an abundance of them. This would make it so low level mats wouldnt be way over priced.
    Don't Sweat it.
  • Lecher - Sanctuary
    Lecher - Sanctuary Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    yes, i agree...

i needed to get my crafting to level 4 to decompose, well for my crafting quest and to make stuff to just GET to that level, i needed leather...

well, i killed 43 friggin blowhards before i got 1 leather.

when i was in the 30s i got them left and right, now i gotta kill for 30 mins to get 1?

so what do i have to do? make a new alt? nooooo, they pretty much force me to pay 5k for leathers when i need them from players or to go to the cash shop and blow my real money on junk there.

it's not a game flaw, it's a strategic money-making scheme. period.
  • slicey
    edited November 2008
    Well, if the price of basic materials goes even lower, like 10 coins lower (that's a lot of coins), oh well, that needs to take place. Besides, if it gets too low, you can always sell the items to some kind of merchant at the fixed price it says on it. I mean, they're there for a reason lol.

When I was a lower level then I am now, I could get a certain item every minute. How about instead of higher leveled player taking 20 min to get just ONE of this certain item, it could be one minute, just how it was when you were a low level. It shouldn't take 10 times longer to get the items you need because you're a high level. Becoming a high level on this game is kind of contradicting.
  • sweaty
    sweaty Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Like Leecher says its a clever way to make money. It makes people spend their Gold on all level items instead of just higher level mats.
    Don't Sweat it.
  • slicey
    edited November 2008
    I think the drop rates should somehow correspond to your level better, that would fix this mess. If you can get a certain item approximately every minute by killing monsters on a lower leveled account, then it should take about one minute of kills for a high leveled person to get the item. The higher leveled person would have to kill more monsters, but it will take the same amount of time. I'm just enraged how it is right now that I have to spend about 20 min to get a basic manufacturing item, when it takes about one min for a lower leveled player to obtain one. Where is the equal ratio there? Don't you think that's a little off? You shouldn't be making money off of players from basic game skills like this that were intended to be a key part of gaming enhancement.
  • oyabunneko
    oyabunneko Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    yes, i agree...

when i was in the 30s i got them left and right, now i gotta kill for 30 mins to get 1?

it's not a game flaw, it's a strategic money-making scheme. period.

b:laugh And let me guess? You npc'd the leather you got in drops, or sold it to people buying mats?

Azndreamer is right.

If drop rates weren't decreased with lvl then you'd have no chance to complete quests since all the mobs you need to kill are being oneshotted by higher level people.

What you do or don't do in low levels can come back to haunt you at later levels. Don't blame the dev's for your lack of foresight.
  • Sweaty - Heavens Tear
    Sweaty - Heavens Tear Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Like I said earlier high level people wouldnt be killing your mobs because the prices would plummet FAST.
    I like Slicys idea though.
  • althea
    althea Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Does anyone know if the reverse is true, i.e. if you kill mobs 10 lvls higher than you, are drop rates decreased?
  • slicey
    edited November 2008
    I think the drop rates rates are decreased when you're attacking a mob that is green named only.
  • slicey
    edited November 2008
    Oya, I didn't even know anything about this til now. I didn't know the drop rates were going to be decreased as I leveled higher. Now what am I suppose to do?
  • Sweaty - Heavens Tear
    Sweaty - Heavens Tear Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I guess try to keep your manufacturing skills up to date and start farming for higher level materials.
  • Chamber - Heavens Tear
    Chamber - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I wonder how many of you have played MMORPG's before. I cannot list a single one out of the vast amount I have played where they drop rate of lower lvl mobs DOESN'T decrease.
  • Aznxdreamer - Heavens Tear
    Aznxdreamer - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    If you are a higher lvl and supposedly missed some of your quest mats. Can you not sell the mats your getting at your lvl? I laugh at the people who says... I missed my chance to open up my safe/inv slot or crafting just because I didn't know drop rates decreased. It would not kill you just to spend 1-2 hrs fighting the mobs at your level and selling the mats worth 2k - 3k to an NPC for an average of 100k. And then just go buy the mats you need? Obviously some of you are not mats seller and or too cheap. Carry on people there are way too many things to worry about in PW then this.
  • outlawarcher
    outlawarcher Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    i don't see what the big deal is. if low level mats are hard to get then harvest high level dq items, sell them and BUY gold with in game coin then get your mats fro the mall. in addtion, you can have a low level toon to do you low level farming for you. there are a few ways around the problem without having to use real cash. if you are in a faction, ask low level memebers to farm mats for you. ask low level friend for help.

really from the time i first went to archo on quests i saved up a TON of complete sacks and dull claws as well as an eve greater number of element dust. i just kept putting everything in the bank. when i checked stock i had 300+ element dust (240000 coin) 100+ dull claws (134000coin or so)
    and almost 200 sacks. and don't et me started on the amount of honey juice that drops when you get to hidden orchid.

but that's just me. i find DQ to be a waste of time and items:P

if the drop rate was a scam to make money, then i would imagine thy wouldn't have the gold for sale at the auctioneer for in game coin. after all they ain't getting anything for the gold you buy there.... i think.
  • elevon
    elevon Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I think a solution that will help both the player and keep the game fair is to have a few high level monsters around that have the lower level items. Then higher players can go to those places if they need these items and kill monsters there own level.
    A good way to do this would be to create a few high level monsters that don't attack if you get near them and place them in with the low level ones. Now if a low level player attacks one of them, that's their own fault for not paying attention to what they attacked. These higher versions could even be flying over head of the lower level ones.
    The main point is that they carry the same items that the low level monsters around them do so high level players still have access to them.
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    ._.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    N-n-n-n-n-necro!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sangodoc - Dreamweaver
    Sangodoc - Dreamweaver Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I know this is a terrible necro (you should not respond to posts over a month old), but just for reference to anyone else who finds this thread using the forum search...

The drop rate change based on the relative levels between you and the mob you're killing can be found on the PWDB here: How drop rate is calculated