Archer or Cleric?

Kondo - Lost City
Kondo - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
edited December 2008 in Cleric
I saw that clerics have a very good atack comparative to archers and i can't understand why because the archer have a lot of points on dex.I am very confused. Maybe clerics have a lower defence than the archers but they have healing spells so this isn't a problem. I have a lvl 36 archer and i don't know if it's good to continue on him.Pls can somebody tell me how to make a cool archer or if i should make a cleric?
Post edited by Kondo - Lost City on

Comments

• xlovex
    xlovex Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    i'm not really sure what you mean by "atk"

i'm pretty sure archers definately have the best atk in the game, and are either above or tied with clerics for pure dps, and better than clerics for sustained dps and physical dps (obviously).

now the main problem with clerics (and archers, actually) is that your mp drains like mad.

they are 2 completely different classes.

clerics rely on mag to upgrade their matk...while archers use dex to upgrade their ranged patk.

so...2 different stats, do 2 different things.

you can't go wrong with an archer really, they get scary in later levels.
  • Neitchze - Heavens Tear
    Neitchze - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Many people regard Archers as the end all PvP characters. They can deal massive damage, fly out of range of a normal melee attacker, and have a few protective abilities to absorb damage.

I have a 32 archer, and I think that aside from the massive MP drain, they have to be the most entertaining class to play.
  • Xangelx - Lost City
    Xangelx - Lost City Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Well, I've played both and to tell you the truth, I enjoy playing a cleric better. The reason is because each attack does huge amounts of damage. The downside is casting time. Overall, archers have higher defense and critical rate. Clerics have higher skill damage, but might lose to archers endgame because of the high chances of crits from archers. Which is still not really a problem because all a cleric has to do is spam ironheart blessing. After 3-4 ironheart blessings, the cleric is basically invincible.

Also, if you are in PvP, chances are, the archer won't be buffed and clerics do better than archers when buffed.
    Also, mana is not as big of a problem for clerics as for archers. My archer goes through mp like no tomorrow. My cleric, not as much due to lots of mp and mp regeneration rate. I think while in meditation, my cleric recovers 18 mp per second. I just take my time to look at my inventory and sort it out (what to sell, what to keep, that kind of stuff), and before I know it, I'm at full mp again. Like 1 minute or so.
  • william1
    william1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    today i was grinding sw of etherblade and i saw a archer killing a mob in 4-5 shots,...
    i realy dont know whats his patk can be.....but i know i killed same mob in 2x plume-and 1 cyclone ......dunno whos better....but for me its the cleric.
  • duskwood
    duskwood Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    only difference i see so far, is archer can take many many more hits than me, and only takes him one more attack to kill something than me. Ive been contemplating rolling an archer. Mobs chunk me pretty fast D: and i put into dex for light armor, i lose lots of m.atk.
  • xlovex
    xlovex Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    why don't you just use ironheart? >.>

its...its infinitely better than light armor.

the key to playing a cleric is preparedness.

sure, if you suddenly find yourself surrounded by 3 aggro mobs, you're going to die.

but if you ran in there with a few ironhearts on yourself, and drew them away one at a time, you'll be fine.
  • Kusaku - Lost City
    Kusaku - Lost City Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Clerics look weak compared with archers dont be silly dont be silly archers are evily high dmg ^^

Also the attack faster than clerics and can real spam skills

Some archers may appear to do less dmg cause they focus onatk speed and do hybrid tanking ^^

Also some of them put the points on mp for more mana cap ^^

But either way archers do more dmg than clerics flat ^^
    So for my bad spelling ^^
    CUTE THINGS ><
    Dieing with style and skill since 1989

Frav Qoute :
    "Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."
  • Shano - Lost City
    Shano - Lost City Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    ok... both Cleric and archer are good for PvP xD(i mean the best, Elves are evil)
    for cleric if you want to pvp go for FAC
    archer pure dex
    but if you're going to pk once you're red name RUN TO SAFE ZONE or you'll die lol, reason is because cleric has low hp)
    depend on what you want.
  • ILikeToHeal - Lost City
    ILikeToHeal - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    ok... both Cleric and archer are good for PvP xD(i mean the best, Elves are evil)
    for cleric if you want to pvp go for FAC
    archer pure dex
    but if you're going to pk once you're red name RUN TO SAFE ZONE or you'll die lol, reason is because cleric has low hp)
    depend on what you want.

wait till u hit 70 then cleric sucks so bad
  • Xangelx - Lost City
    Xangelx - Lost City Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    wait till u hit 70 then cleric sucks so bad

Agreed. I have a level 101 cleric on a private server. :[
    It sucks compared to archer soooo bad.
  • Wwing - Heavens Tear
    Wwing - Heavens Tear Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Agreed. I have a level 101 cleric on a private server. :[
    It sucks compared to archer soooo bad.

How do you know that your lvl 101 cleric has the real/updated stat or tuning?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    News Project Fox in [][]http://pwifox.blogspot.com[][] Santa Claus is a lie.
    12/17 2008 PerfectFox Index (Heavens Tear) : 1 gold = 113558.91~114972.42