Am I screwed?

Options
Kuruyami - Lost City
Kuruyami - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
edited November 2008 in Venomancer
I never bothered to get one of those magmites everyone has. I've still got my original wolf. Should I waste countless hours trying to level one or will I be okay?
Post edited by Kuruyami - Lost City on

Comments

• snowowl
    snowowl Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    There is only one pet in the whole game that is any good. If you didn't follow the masses and get one then you are screwed. You may as well delete now.
    /sarcasm

Seriously, You don't :need: a magmite. The wolf is just fine. In fact, the wolf pet has the added bonus of not being in the way every time you try to pick something up.

If you really want a magmite, just get one and level it. Pets level quickly
  • Belial - Heavens Tear
    Belial - Heavens Tear Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    There are also some higher level magmites if you don't wish to spend too long levelling a 17 or 18 one. Their stats are slightly lower but their skills are better.
  • Witchywoman - Lost City
    Witchywoman - Lost City Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    is so slight differance between some pets, its not worth trying to lvl a low one
  • xlovex
    xlovex Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    your best bet for a replacement pdef tank would either be a higher level golem, or i recommend the lvl 40 overclocked mecha crab.

its a lot faster than the golems, and doesn't block your view. plus its a crab with a clock **** thing on its back, whats not to like XD
  • Abrynn - Sanctuary
    Abrynn - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    i had a magmite .... i trashed it got tired of the hulking slow thing lol i love my killah bunny though it all comes down to what u want so in short if your happy with your wolf keep it b:pleased
  • Shaneekwa - Sanctuary
    Shaneekwa - Sanctuary Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    My golem is lvl 51 and his attach is around 1000 or higher (Off the top of my head)

He just agros the mobs better IMO then my other pets including the rare ones I have.
    With my golem I rarley have a mob attack me even if its a pain to see around id at least give it a try so you can make your own decisions.
  • Albione - Lost City
    Albione - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    i actually recommend going for the higher lvl versions, the torgrin braves, like magnites except they start higher lvl, they are basically the same except they start with better skills, i rly see no reason to keep a magnite when i could get 1 of those :/
  • xlovex
    xlovex Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    well, the main reason to get any pet at a low lvl is that the lowest lvl pet of a certain "type" will have better stats.

however, i agree, the stat difference between a lvl 17 crystaline and a lvl 27? torgirn isn't too great.

you -will- notice it however. the torgirn will easily take 10-20% more damage a hit, and do less damage per hit as well.

now in most situations this doesn't matter at all. however in places like fb's, tt and other places, where every little thing matters, this is where the min/maxing your mag, and training up a low lvl golem really pays off.

this is why, even though most people say yea, the golem is bulky and slow and blocks your view, and they get a different pet that they will use for 95% of the time, they keep the golem, because when you just really need a pdef tank, the golem delivers.
  • Kuruyami - Lost City
    Kuruyami - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Thanks guys, I suppose that was a poorly phrased question heh. Yeah, I still have my wolf that started out at level 2, and the thing that bugs me most is he only has one skill. I just got a mechrab, so hopefully it'll be a decent replacement for a magmite. Are they any good for FBs?
  • Chamber - Heavens Tear
    Chamber - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    xlovex wrote: »

this is why, even though most people say yea, the golem is bulky and slow and blocks your view, and they get a different pet that they will use for 95% of the time, they keep the golem, because when you just really need a pdef tank, the golem delivers.

I trashed my golem once I got my Shaodu cub. Never regretted it. Easily soloing TT at lvl 60 :) *yay for being in the 5%*