Leveling Faster

keppard
keppard Posts: 3 Arc User
edited November 2008 in General Discussion
If I want to catch someone up to me, what would be the fastest way to do that? Should I just party up with 'em and kill higher level mobs or what?
Post edited by keppard on

Comments

• Onishi - Heavens Tear
    Onishi - Heavens Tear Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    With the way XP is shared, your friend will not get more XP from higher level mobs then they would lower level mobs. If say a level 30 wizard were teamed with a level 10, from killing level 32 enemies, the level 30 wizard will gain about 200 XP per kill, while the cleric gains 100 XP per kill.

The fastest way to power level someone, is to team with them for their quests, most quests can be blasted through in about 5 minutes if you are more then 5 levels above them, and at low levels give insane XP to the person.
  • Ty - Heavens Tear
    Ty - Heavens Tear Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    The fastest way IMO would be to help them with their kill 'X' monsters quests, basically just quests in general. But the new player will be a lot worse off economically is this scenario as you'll seriously **** the drop rate up.

If you have a fast mount and can carry them from A-B then that will help too.

I'm not sure if killing high level mobs will work but its worth a try, normally this is nerfed to prevent powerlevelling but i've never tried it in this game.
    I like pie
  • keppard
    edited November 2008
    Alright, quests it is, I suppose. Thanks guys.
  • Kimyrielle - Heavens Tear
    Kimyrielle - Heavens Tear Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    To be honest, the fastest way to level is soloing usually. If you're helping with too many quests, they will miss out on the XP for killing which means they are often not reaching the next level to get new quests before they're running out of the old quests. Which can be frustrating, I know a few people who quit the game because of that.

You can help by getting tougher bosses out of the way, but if you want to level fast, nothing beats solo-killing mobs above your own level, using pots and powders so you won't have to rest too often. Most time is being lost by resting or travelling or using inferior equipment (which makes killing slower than necessary), so if you can cut that short for them, it's the best help you can give them, IMHO.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nursie - Lost City
    Nursie - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    to level really fast you will need $$

buy XP scrolls on grind and constantly have hp/mp charms on
  • aaman
    aaman Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    No i dont think u need real money for it.. u can buy XP scroool ingame and if ur not lazy and wanna enjoy this game .. i say make friends and start soling .. as much as possible and take all the quest possible from the "Find Quest " button. . Just like Kim said dont use inferior weapons and dont rest make life powder and stuff like that .. it will help in not wasting time ad u will not lose urt life . And u get extra bonus for doing apocraty stuff.. and they are easy to find also... One more thing if u want money to buy stuff and u r appropriate lvl take hp potions etc and go infb19 and fb29 and kil the monsters they give out good stuff... well thats it ... and remember .. SOLOIN IS THE BEST WAY TO ENJOY THIS GAME... AND MAKE FRIENDS TAHT WILL SUGGEST YOU AND GIVE HELP IF NEEDED..<--- not screming just a bold letter for main information
  • davais
    davais Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I do not think this is going to work, I tried to help a friend before. but end up can only help him kill bosses, It even does not worth to help him kill x# mobs quest, since I have to find a spot no other players around to do my 1 shot kill to avoid blocking other players to do their quest, the time we spend to looking for spot usually enough for him to kills mobs he need to finish his quest by him own. and when I try to get him to the spot I grinding, he does not get exp from mobs I kill. so he is on his own now. :)
  • keppard
    edited November 2008
    So, this is pretty much a solo game until a boss comes up? That kinda stinks.
  • Prfectionist - Heavens Tear
    Prfectionist - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    keppard wrote: »
    So, this is pretty much a solo game until a boss comes up? That kinda stinks.

no not really .. it can be a party game.. but the probably this thread :Leveling Faster"... so to lvl faster u solo... to have fun and enjoy life <-- game and real..then u party up or make a guild party and go hunting from place to place.. and stuff
  • haku
    haku Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    it's not really a solo game. Your questing will be much easier if you do the same quests with other people, and guilds are important. You just can't power-level low-level players in the traditional mmorpg sense where a high-level player parties a low-level player and goes on a killing spree, and the low-level player levels faster because the high-lvl is killing higher lvl mobs. In PWI you can't really do this because only the mobs around your lvl will give you maximum exp. I've heard that you can power-lvl ppl in FB19 (Call of Duty dungeon) if you are high-lvl enough to kill mobs in FB19 relatively fast, and your friend is around lvl 19. I've never tried it though.
  • leeka
    leeka Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    um so can someone tell me how to make my own person?
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    the create button