2 computers-duo lvling = FTW?

Jsin - Sanctuary
Jsin - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
edited November 2008 in General Discussion
I was thinking of taking advantage of owning 2 computers, so I was thinking of making 2 characters--a cleric and barbarian
The plan is to seperately lvl each character to lvl 20 and move them both to Archosaur. From there I can party with myself and just use the barbarian to kill things while my cleric /Follows and I'll cast heal when I need to (in order to cut down on healing pot usage). I'll be able to complete quests for both characters at same time even though both will lvl slower due to shared exp. For the cleric, I was thinking of ONLY lvling the buffs/support skills while totally ignoring the attack spells since my cleric will always be with my barb questing. I know I won't be able to do this duo type of gameplay during stuff like FBs but for grinding, it seems like a good idea.

How does this idea sound? For those of you who have late-game experience, will this type of lvling/questing work lvl 40+? And is a combination of cleric-barbarian the best duo? (The reason why I go with cleric-barbarian is for their usefuleness late game and the fact that they are both classes that aren't populated well).
Post edited by Jsin - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Jrudora - Lost City
    Jrudora - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Depends on how well you multitask.
    Honestly though, before level 40 you wouldn't need a cleric to level with you.
    Quests level you very quickly, and after 40 you probably wouldn't want another character standing there and leeching your exp anymore.

So either way... what I'm saying is:
    1) Prior to 40, you don't need to grind. So having a cleric to manage you isn't required.
    2) After 40, when grinding becomes a lil more intense, you'd rather have a human player cleric who's capable of healing you and possibly attacking to keep the exp rate high.

I'd say, don't do it.
  • Jsin - Sanctuary
    Jsin - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    As far as not need a cleric prior to lvl 40 to do quests....

I currently have a lvl 26 barbarian and I'm type of player that does not like to use pots that much, so I find myself sitting down to rest every couple of mobs to regain hp/mp. If I hade my own personal cleric, then I could imagine I would never have to rest again b:cute. Yes, I would sacrifice exp, but maybe the time spent resting and getting faster solo exp is same/better than shared exp but no resting
  • Nursie - Lost City
    Nursie - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    sure give it a try

might become tricky later on though when you need to grind 70%+ of your level

if cleric is just healing not attacking then grind = twice as long
  • Sybershot - Lost City
    Sybershot - Lost City Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    2-Comping totaly depends on your PC set up , if theyr set up right itl be a blast and fast lvls , if not then as many people sayd its gona make you slow down.

i have both set up keyord next to each other and same for mice and screens , i playd games where you dont get the follow option and i had some fun with it , so set them up right and comfortable !

good luck b:cool
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jayavaraman - Heavens Tear
    Jayavaraman - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I think it work this way. it is not different from training 2 times for 2 chars. Cleric will need mana pots for sure. if u don't like it, u still need to rest.
    I think fresh grinding will not fast like quest grinding. because every quest give u good reward.
    have fun.
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Could very well work, the thing that bothered me the most when i tried it is that follow gets killed after casting a spell (ie ironheart blessing) and it was too much work to really bother with.
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]