Im a noob, and need help.

Options
luckyspawn
luckyspawn Posts: 1 Arc User
edited November 2008 in Venomancer
First of all, I have to go to bed. So I didn't have time to sift through other posts/stickies. So sorry if this info could have been easily found elsewhere, (and im sure it probably could have.)

Anyway, Im a complete noob.

Downloaded, installed, and started playing just today.
I'm liking the venomancer, but I have a few questions.

Just so you know, I'm looking for a setup that is best for PvE (i'll probably be soloing alot), but isn't totally embarrassing in PvP.

Now for the questions, and please spare my noobiness:

1. I feel like I should be using Light armor. Is that correct?

2. I haven't spent any attribute points because I don't know where to put them. Shed some light on my dilemma?

3. When am I supposed to be using fox form? Always? Or are there certain situations where its needed, and some where its not?

And anything else seriously important I should know? Keep in mind, I know virtually nothing. All I know is what i've gathered through the common sense of coming from multiple other MMO's.

Any help at all will be greatly appreciated, and again I apologize for the noob questions that I could probably find answers to if I had the time, I hope im not too much of an annoyance.

I'm liking this game a lot so far, and hope to get the hang of it ASAP, but I need help! b:laugh
Post edited by luckyspawn on

Comments

• Just_cool - Lost City
    Just_cool - Lost City Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    well, the best PVEer is full int like 4 MAG 1 STR, but u;ll be very weak in PVP, not in dmg but in deff, for this use arcane(robe) and the pet will be golem and swafly
    also a good char in PVE is light armor veno, decent in PVP till 90 than and after the lvl 90 set, u'll feel even better, 1 SRT 1 DEX 3 MAG
    and fox form is quite useless as a DD, but u can: debuff, amplify dmg, and add some negative stats, it fits a intelligent player
    IGN: JusT_CooL
    Server: Lost City
    Guild: ex-Conqueror

Follow the example of good GMing :D
    [SIGPIC]http://photos1.hi5.com/0044/475/618/k97TDv475618-02.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Ladylyra - Heavens Tear
    Ladylyra - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    I'll just type the answers I have in order. xD

1. You can use light armor, but the most prefered & recommended armor is the arcane, as Just_Cool stated. (As for myself, I've chosen to experiment with making my veno a tank and using heavy armor. Doing pretty good so far. 6,..,9 )

2. The best places to put your points into are Vit., Dex., and Mag. Mostly Mag. and Vit.
    Also, and this is a tip from my sis, be sure to keep at least Str. Your level plus 4. (Like my lvl is 22, so, if I were making the usual Veno, my Str. would be 26. )

3. You can use fox form any time you want. I usually use it several times before I level, just so I don't forget that it's there to use in case I need it. Also, something I've noticed when I change to fox form is that, if you're running on 1/4 MP and you change into a fox, you have more MP than you did in human form.
  • Just_cool - Lost City
    Just_cool - Lost City Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    . Also, something I've noticed when I change to fox form is that, if you're running on 1/4 MP and you change into a fox, you have more MP than you did in human form.
    ehm... wrong, u have less MP in fox form than human, MP falls by 30% Proof
    IGN: JusT_CooL
    Server: Lost City
    Guild: ex-Conqueror

Follow the example of good GMing :D
    [SIGPIC]http://photos1.hi5.com/0044/475/618/k97TDv475618-02.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • xlovex
    xlovex Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    yeap, you have less max mp (but not less -current- mp, unless you had more than 2/3s your max mp).

so it seems like you had more mp.

like...if you had 300/600 (50%) before, you'd have 300/400 (75%) after you transform.
  • Ladylyra - Heavens Tear
    Ladylyra - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    That's not how I meant it. And I know that it's less. -_-*