Server Population

Options
noobcake4lyfe
noobcake4lyfe Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2008 in General Discussion
Hello all I was jus wandering if there is neway to find out the each server population is. I jus want to estimate a time frame for when Etherblade is activated. I'd rather have and general idea of when it arrives than log on and jus see it there smilin back at me.b:laugh
"Avarice, Envy, Lust, Pride, Wrath, Sloth, Gluttony"

"We 7 shall corrupt this Perfect World..."b:sin
Post edited by noobcake4lyfe on

Comments

• Solky - Lost City
    Solky - Lost City Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    + city population refreshed every 10 minutes. I wouldn't mind.
    Why isn't this in the suggestion forums, though?
    Be sure to check the Beauty Contest :Db:thanks

I love presents. Give me some =db:thanks
  • Solky - Lost City
    Solky - Lost City Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Why isn't this in the suggestion forums tho?
    Be sure to check the Beauty Contest :Db:thanks

I love presents. Give me some =db:thanks
  • Misstaken - Heavens Tear
    Misstaken - Heavens Tear Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    What would be the point of this though?
    I used to do drugs, I still do but I used to too.
  • Kimyrielle - Heavens Tear
    Kimyrielle - Heavens Tear Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Wouldn't PW be the first MMO ever to reveal details about their player population?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Foxgodz - Heavens Tear
    Foxgodz - Heavens Tear Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Not really.Silkroad Online shows their total player base.Also some silkroad websites show how full each server is at a specific time of the day. like 2500/3000 that's useful for knowing when people can login.

Yes,in perfect world u can actually login for free:O in other games u don't have that luxury.
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    On the screen when you choose a server, you can see the population status of each. Most of the time, Heaven Tear's is at High, Sanctuary fluctuate between High and Normal, Lost City is always at Normal.

This gives you somehwat accurate informations about each server's population level.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Wrathx - Heavens Tear
    Wrathx - Heavens Tear Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    If Sanctuary is already starting to dip into the High population area then I wouldn't be surprised if Etherblade ended up being another PVE server whenever it opens.
  • frostbringer
    frostbringer Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Funny that in the beginning 95% of the people here said they go PvP-server. But then the PvE server got full way faster. Probably the 2nd PvE server gets full before Lost-City too... b:chuckle

Btw thanks to every player who stays at PvP. Friends and foes alike! b:kiss
  • Kimyrielle - Heavens Tear
    Kimyrielle - Heavens Tear Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    If Sanctuary is already starting to dip into the High population area then I wouldn't be surprised if Etherblade ended up being another PVE server whenever it opens.

Kinda ironic, because as far as I know PW-Int is the only PW version where they even offer PvE servers, the others are all mandatory PK-enabled.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • noobcake4lyfe
    noobcake4lyfe Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    I put a suggestion like this in the suggestion forum a couple weeks ago. I dnt kno wat I was thinking when I posted this in the wrong forum. Neway I know about the high low normal status on each server....I was talking more along the lines of displaying the maximum capacity of each server and then the number of players on that server logged in or not i.e. 5000/10000 (4500 logged in (this part doesnt need to be displayed I jus wanted to prove a point per say))

PVP til you die, rinse and repeat. b:angry
    "Avarice, Envy, Lust, Pride, Wrath, Sloth, Gluttony"

"We 7 shall corrupt this Perfect World..."b:sin
  • Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Totally agree, I wish these servers had stats on the website.

Long ago I played some old mmo and there you could even see which player had the most money, you could see guild rosters and the top 20 lvls for each class.

Pretty sure it will never be implimented like most other suggestions, but at least we tried.

Ps. @pve server comments: There is another ver of PW that has PVE servers too, and because they where really popular there it was possible for us to have PVE. Nothing PWI gets is unique, its all done by PW beijing and sent out to the "clients" like my-en/***/europe/etc. All the diff lang versions are practically identical with a diff language, depending on the patches loaded of course. None of the game mechanics can be altered by PWI or any version for that matter.