pillah Posts: 28 Arc User
edited November 2008 in Venomancer
im lvl 19 and this is my stats so far

vit - 13
Str - 11
Mag - 66
Dex - 5

19 points remaining.

I read on the guide that you shouldn't put into vit for a light armor build but i put 10 into vit.
Does that mean I'm screwed or is it ok?
I kno I'll do less dmg cause i put into vit but how much less?
Post edited by pillah on

Comments

• Just_cool - Lost City
    Just_cool - Lost City Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    u can still be light veno, a bit weaker,, but that's not a big problem, if u get a nice eq will be fine
    IGN: JusT_CooL
    Server: Lost City
    Guild: ex-Conqueror

Follow the example of good GMing :D
    [SIGPIC]http://photos1.hi5.com/0044/475/618/k97TDv475618-02.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • RockyFox - Sanctuary
    RockyFox - Sanctuary Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Nah,
    Light Builds is my Personal Favorite for a Venomancer.
    I Think you will do just fine!.
    As long as you can kill Fairly fast,
    there is no need to worry.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xlovex
    xlovex Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    actually i think you are a bit screwed...

as far as i know, you need 3x your level in int.

and 1x your level in both str and dex

that means...5 points of every level up are taken.

generally you had about 2-3 spare points, so that gives you maybe 8 vit to spare...so.

either: you'll have to wait 1-2 levels before you can wear your best light armor

or, you'll have to wait 1 lvl before you can use your best mag weapon.

choice is up to you =)

generally you won't be exactly on a level where you get new gear, so you should be okay, somewhat.
  • Grayroses - Heavens Tear
    Grayroses - Heavens Tear Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Same question as the one above. Can I go light build with my stats without restat scrolls?
    I'm lvl 45 with: 23 strength (30 with bonuses), 5 vit, 7 dex, 205 magic (207 with bonus).
    Forum trolls are **** beings who find pleasure in picking on other forum users,trying to bully them. Probably kids or antisocial people, feeding themselves with burgers,chips and soda, 23/7 in front of a PC, they are trying to release their frustration through moronic posts. My advice for them is:get a life (girlfriend,job,pet) or visit a **** site to release your anger and hate due to lack of parental love in childhood. Have fun!
  • xlovex
    xlovex Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    of course you can.

as long as you have low (or minimal) points in vit, you can get either more str or dex or both in order to equip light armor.

the required amount is 4+lvl for both str and dex.
  • battlefairy
    battlefairy Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Another hijack, I apologize.
    First time player of this game and I followed something from one of the stickies up top, just making sure I am on the right track. It seems alright....I can kill most anything fine....

lvl 20

Mag - 60
    str - 23
    dex - 24
    vit - 8
  • kensaki
    kensaki Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    You can probably get away with it if you find equipment with the right attributes attached. But yeah you can get screwed pretty easy, as it's something you sort of have to do from the start. 1dex, 1str, 3int every lvl from the beginning, you can only distribute two points in vit before you've technically screwed up. Unless of course you want a light armor fox-based build that sticks with a weapon two grades behind tradition. I suggest it for a lot of people actually, as it will give you maximum damage in fox form, plenty of pet healing ability, and either a higher critical rate and accuracy if you go for more dex, survivability if you go for vit, or absolute best base damage possible in fox form.
  • Vaelissa - Heavens Tear
    Vaelissa - Heavens Tear Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    As long as your vit isn't too high, you'll do ok. You can always get a few levels to help further balance things out anyway. I'm a light, mostly fox build Venomancer and do amazingly well in either form at level 60 with my current stats, even though I spent a few more points in Vit than the "ideal" build.

12 Vit - 18 With Gear
    63 Dex
    63 Str - 68 With Gear
    177 Magic - 186 With Gear

I have to wait a level or two to equip certain armor pieces sometimes, but that really doesn't matter, especially considering I only go for 3 star. I've never had issues equiping a weapon at the proper level, but even if I did, waiting another level to do so won't hurt. It's not like gear immediately becomes obsolete.

You should be perfectly fine as long as you balance things out properly with the rest of your skill points. After all, as I mentioned at the start of my post, a build that starts "screwed" can easily be repaired with the proper amount of levels.