How do you make a video?

Hawk_eye - Lost City
Hawk_eye - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
edited November 2008 in The Fanatics Forum
OK, so i'v seen a few videos of TW and stuff, and they all look pretty sick... i don't know if im missing on out on anything and maybe im being a little noobish but..... how do you make a video on PW? I checked the forum's and there were no threads on that...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Never Give up!b:pleased
Post edited by Hawk_eye - Lost City on

Comments

• Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Use something like this: http://www.fraps.com/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    First, you'll need software to take video data in from Perfect World. As Poison notes, in the Windows environment, FRAPs is pretty much the default option. It's not perfect, but it does work. The full version -- necessary for making longer or unmarked videos -- does cost money, but the free version is not horrible for things like making an avatar or sig.

GameCam has a free version as well, with the primary limitations being a 30 frame per second limit and no audio. It does provide more codec and compression options than FRAPS, even in free version. Good for short animations, but a bit of a pain to get used to.

For truly free image capturing in a Windows environment, the only option I'm aware of is Taksi. It's not as easy to use as FRAPS, but it does capture full video feeds for free... if you can get it to work.

Other players have suggested CamStudio. I haven't tested it myself, but other players find it free and easy to use.

There are also ways to record imagery through Linux programs, QEMU, or other methods, but they're a bit complex to describe in a single forum thread.

Once you've done that, you'll want to use programs to clean up and add effects to the video. Windows Movie Maker can be used to edit movie and sound files, if it came with your version of Windows, as can VirtualDub. There are also good options for a Linux environment, such as Kino (easy to use, basic), Cinelerra (middle-ground), and LiVES (nearly professional level, complex).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hawk_eye - Lost City
    Hawk_eye - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    b:thanks Good stuff. Thanks for the info everyone! b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Never Give up!b:pleased
  • ChaoticWoIf - Heavens Tear
    ChaoticWoIf - Heavens Tear Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    You might want to make sure to get the fullversion of fraps though, otherwise the advertisement will be overlapping the video
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wolfygirl640
    wolfygirl640 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    XFire has also Video Recording option with Sound.
    Just grab XFire from http://xfire.com and enjoy your video Recording experience.
    Not only that, XFire will also record your hours of gaming when you are making use of XFire and logged into XFire(or else it will not be recorded to the server).
    no worries, XFire is freeware. ;)
  • Evancer - Heavens Tear
    Evancer - Heavens Tear Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Awesome, I was just looking for something like this myself. :D Thank you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Let's just pretend I said something clever in response and leave it at that..."