Drop Rates

Options
Wotsmaleus - Heavens Tear
Wotsmaleus - Heavens Tear Posts: 86 Arc User
edited November 2008 in General Discussion
I'd like to get an official word here.. do drop rates change as your character progresses in levels?
"Everything is worth what the purchaser will pay for it." -Publius Syrius

"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman

"The Bible is a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish, no interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this." -Albert Einstein

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Wotsmaleus - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• tinkus
    tinkus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Yes. The farther away from a mob's level you are, the lower the drop rate becomes.
  • Wotsmaleus - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Do you have evidence of this?

"The Bible is a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish, no interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this." -Albert Einstein

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tinkus
    tinkus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    It's a well known fact, and something present in almost all MMOs. You can test it yourself: Kill creatures of a much lower level than yourself and you'll get very few, if any, drops. Usually this feature is included in games to prevent high level players from farming certain low level creatures for desirable drops, as well as to encourage exploration for mobs around your own level.
  • swgs
    swgs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    I was killing mobs 6 levels below me to get some items I need, seems getting same drop rate as 6 level ago.
  • LifePromiser - Sanctuary
    LifePromiser - Sanctuary Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Enemy's level drop rate decreases more with each level diff,a gap of 6 level might just make a slight difference,but try 12 level when the mob's name goes dark green.
  • lizzy08
    lizzy08 Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    how come im lvl 49 then and i go to battlemark village and kill loads of lvl 1,2 and they drop loads of stuff
  • Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear
    Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Because you kill them so quickly, and the drops are worth so little. In proportion you can get 100 times more drops from monsters your level. (Value wise)
  • lizzy08
    lizzy08 Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    yeah i see
  • Wotsmaleus - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    Options
    So what you all are saying is based upon other games you think the drop rates are affected by levels?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mountainman
    mountainman Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    This does make Dragon Quests tough though. Firs you need a ton of Orbs to get anything for doing them and the drop rates reduce as you get higher in levels. It doesn't make sense. So in order to get something I think the least amount you need is 30 copper orbs. To get those though you have to run around all day to just get 1 of them. Inevitably you'll end up leveling. As you do it become harder to get the DQ items for that quest. As an example rigt now I have about 11 copper orbs and I'm level 44. Now I need to get 5 soft furs or 10 complete sacks (running 3 DQs at the same time). All of which are below my level by quite a bit and therefor drop at ridiculously low rates. It makes the DQ quests worthless.

Am I doing something wrong with them? Is there a better strategy to the DQ quests? I even started a lower level character to help farm, but now they are getting to be a higher level and the rates drop for them too.
  • Lazyluna - Heavens Tear
    Lazyluna - Heavens Tear Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Yes, the drop rates do decrease as your level becomes higher than that of a monster.

I know this from personal experience. When I was questing on a certain monster, I noticed Dull Claws dropped about every third or fourth kill. They tended to drop in twos also. I came back about 5 levels later and it took over 1 hour to get 5 Dull Claws. I was killing nonstop.

Another example would be when I was helping a lower level guildie kill Centipex Lords by Orchid Temple. I was level 51 and every kill I made gave nothing but coins. Not unless she got a hit in did it drop anything, even then it happened only once. I took out around 30 of them.
    b:bye RETIRED