Everything must be Untamed??

Tara - Lost City
Tara - Lost City Posts: 137 Arc User
edited December 2008 in Suggestion Box
Ok been playing a few weeks now since Open Beta and was in Closed beta my question is why does this game have to be all about Untamed ALL the time its like the other two races are in the back seat everyone must be a Veno to get pets or Barb to transform.. other classes are basic as compared to the untamed. Sure its a cool race but its like they loved on untamed everything else gets nada..

The Mage classes and Veno are definitely unbalanced in this massive damage huge pets many drops/loot. i'm melee i barely make any money in game i must sell everything to pay for pots and repairs, my veno friend has hundreds of thousands from loot drops and gear me i get nothing drop. Why?

Personally think Potions should be lower in price and mats should be sold in merchants please..
and less of the Cash shop to win please wrecks the game...

thx
Post edited by Tara - Lost City on

Comments

• kuukai
    kuukai Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited September 2008

Personally think Potions should be lower in price and mats should be sold in merchants please..

thx

SOMEONE MADE A POINT . o.m.g.m[ oh my g.ms]or people who do the editing stuff >____> please implement it ... ze zwill zworship zhem
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sukidonymira
    sukidonymira Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    The venos in the ads were what pulled me into the game :p
  • Agranok - Heavens Tear
    Agranok - Heavens Tear Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I think each race has unique characteristics and advantages. Ex. Winged elves being able to fly right off the bat. but i definitely agree about the potions being overpriced. its true that us melee characters have a hard time making our money because of this. Also i Agree about venos. quite frankly they can tank AND do nice amounts of damage in that they can get tank pets. I think the mage is fair because they can deal out alot of damage but they cant take any. personally i dont mind venos being overpowered too much. thier disadvantage is in pvp because no one is going to sit thier and mindlessly atk thier pet. they come right for the veno :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"There are no failures-just experiences and your reactions to them"
  • Tara - Lost City
    edited September 2008
    I'm personally not complaining too much i just read untamed this untamed that venos do this barbs do that and yeah well what about the rest?
  • Sevendust - Lost City
    Sevendust - Lost City Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Ok been playing a few weeks now since Open Beta and was in Closed beta my question is why does this game have to be all about Untamed ALL the time its like the other two races are in the back seat everyone must be a Veno to get pets or Barb to transform.. other classes are basic as compared to the untamed. Sure its a cool race but its like they loved on untamed everything else gets nada..

The Mage classes and Veno are definitely unbalanced in this massive damage huge pets many drops/loot. i'm melee i barely make any money in game i must sell everything to pay for pots and repairs, my veno friend has hundreds of thousands from loot drops and gear me i get nothing drop. Why?

and less of the Cash shop to win please wrecks the game...

thx
    I got that feeling too. I personally think Untammed are not worth playing for the fact that they dont have shields and the animal selections just look goophy. I can understand The lion. the wolf is just annoying. I think there should also be a Grizzly Bear. And untammed should get different gear from bladmasters that make them look more tankish instead of their big bodies.
  • Jearger - Heavens Tear
    Jearger - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I hate it when people have such horrible sentence structure like the original poster, but here goes.
    Ok been playing a few weeks now since Open Beta and was in Closed beta my question is why does this game have to be all about Untamed ALL the time
    That's very relative. It's how you see it. I don't give a **** if someone is an Untamed, or a Winged Elf, or whatever. I play the game ot have fun. Honestly, why do you care so much?
    its like the other two races are in the back seat everyone must be a Veno to get pets or Barb to transform..
    And this directly affects you how, exactly?
    other classes are basic as compared to the untamed.
    Why don't you play one yourself, then?
    Sure its a cool race but its like they loved on untamed everything else gets nada..
    I actually found most of the things about the untamed really boring.
    The Mage classes and Veno are definitely unbalanced in this massive damage
    They need massive damage to make up for the fact that most things can pretty much 5-hit them if they get close enough. The damage is just so that they can get their enemies down before, or soon after they are in melee range of the mage.
    huge pets
    Pet size means nothing LOL.
    many drops/loot
    No one class gets more loot than another
    i'm melee i barely make any money in game i must sell everything to pay for pots and repairs
    Why don't you practice a skill, like blacksmithing? If you make good enough items, they'll sell and you wont have any problems.
    my veno friend has hundreds of thousands from loot drops and gear me i get nothing drop. Why?
    Different circumstances. Do you and your Veno friend do the exact same things? I wouldn't think so. Maybe you're just not int he right area. If your Veno friend is busy doing dungeons while you're still grinding on level 15 mobs, there WILL be a noticeable difference.
    Pots should be lower in price, and mats are really hard to find, I agree there
  • Tara - Lost City
    edited September 2008
    That's very relative. It's how you see it. I don't give a **** if someone is an Untamed, or a Winged Elf, or whatever. I play the game ot have fun. Honestly, why do you care so much?
    Thats your opinion not mine. all the Quests after your home town seem to favor Untamed/Mage classes

And this directly affects you how, exactly?
    I mean they focused on the untamed classes and spent little if no time on the others. it affects me cause being a blademaster i have no point being in parties or and don't get a look in.

Why don't you play one yourself, then?
    Because they don't appeal to me.

I actually found most of the things about the untamed really boring.
    Again your opinion

They need massive damage to make up for the fact that most things can pretty much 5-hit them if they get close enough. The damage is just so that they can get their enemies down before, or soon after they are in melee range of the mage.
    Pretty much 5 hit Blademasters too but we get no pets or reason to be used in parties

Pet size means nothing LOL.
    Does when your trying to click the damn monster cant cause Veno pets is to big and in the way

No one class gets more loot than another
    Disagree i say goes by damage and speed of damage amounts to higher drop rates.

Why don't you practice a skill, like blacksmithing? If you make good enough items, they'll sell and you wont have any problems.
    I have all skills and my weapons are the best i can get at my level makes no difference and i can only make what i can afford and without drops loot to sell i get less and less Money to make anything

Different circumstances. Do you and your Veno friend do the exact same things? I wouldn't think so. Maybe you're just not int he right area. If your Veno friend is busy doing dungeons while you're still grinding on level 15 mobs, there WILL be a noticeable difference
    Yes we do we are both exactly the same level and team together mostly
    Pots should be lower in price, and mats are really hard to find, I agree there
    Agreed on pots make mats harder means Cash shoppers win everyone else loses
  • Ash - Heavens Tear
    Ash - Heavens Tear Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Actually I play an elf cleric which is supposed to be a bit hard but I rather like it? I don't feel it's boring at all or overshadowed in any way by any other class. The quests have also struck me as fine. They never seemed to revolve around any one particular race. I can see what you mean in a way, but in other ways I think my character/race is great to play too. It's a bit of a full attack build though as much as I felt like making it one.. as I'm not really interested in running around in parties all the time healing people. I've been making pretty good money also, especially now that I'm a higher level. Some mobs just drop more cash? Try killing things that drop 100 or more coins per kill? You can make money fast that way if you kill something that is a lower level than you and easy for you. Just kill certain lower level monsters for their cash.. I was killing one every few seconds and made good money that way. The venos are cool though. I was thinking of trying one for my second character later.

I do think elves are a great choice for a first character as they get to fly right away. Venos still have to wait do they not? It's nice to start out flying right away when you're new to the game. But good that different races appeal to different people, right? The game would be boring if everyone enjoyed playing the same race. In a way I can see what you mean, but I don't think it's completely true. I think it's more about what you do with what you're given and how you arrange your stats and skills as well..

Sevendust also has a good point. The animal selections are not very good at all. Especially the boy ones. Wow.. three choices! And they look a bit cartoonish and silly. They need a werewolf that is scary looking for one thing. That would be nice!
  • celticguard
    celticguard Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Its not just melee chars that can't make money clerics and archer spend more on pots and repairs than buy armor and weapons i have only like 50K and i'm lvl 51 archer most of that money goes on pots or repairs my friend is a lvl 51 cleric and he has the same problem but he needs more pots lol we both find it hard to get money and never have more than 50K
  • Belial - Heavens Tear
    Belial - Heavens Tear Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Venos still have to wait do they not?

That is correct, Untamed and Humans need to wait for level 30 to fly.
  • Lazyluna - Heavens Tear
    Lazyluna - Heavens Tear Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    everyone must be a Veno to get pets
    You can buy baby pets. Truth is, Venos are built to need pets. As for not being able to tame them unless you're a Veno? That's... yet again, what makes a Veno a Veno. That's really all we have going for us.
    my veno friend has hundreds of thousands from loot drops and gear me i get nothing drop. Why?
    The Mage classes and Veno are definitely unbalanced in this massive damage huge pets many drops/loot.

You have bad luck? No idea. I play a Veno as my main, sometimes I get good drops, other times I get nothing. I've had 30 minutes or so of just getting coins every kill, nothing else.

I'm not sure what your friend isn't telling you but I can guarantee a Veno can easily be very expensive as well. You ever check out Mrs. Zoologist in Arch? Not pretty. 200k to upgrade 1 pet skill by 1 level. 100k to remove a skill. Not to mention the prices for buying a new skill.

Uh... yeah, they exchanged decent defense for massive damage. Huge pets? Sheesh, those get in EVERYone's way, even the owner's.

I can understand how repairs can get expensive. (No really, I can.) Have you ever considered partying with a friend to cut costs? Or killing easier monsters? Or meditating now and then? It sounds like you don't know how to manage your money or your character well, more than anything else. Apothecary helps cut down how many potions you consume. You just have to make the right things.

PS. Yes, potions are ridiculous in price and mats are WAY too rare. (3k for one mat? Seriously, wtf...)
    b:bye RETIRED
  • Arinoa - Heavens Tear
    Arinoa - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I have 2 chars, a bm and veno.

Its easy comparison. Veno spends alot less on potions, I rarely buy any potions with her. And I constantly solo, squading only for those things that must be done with a group. Also since the pet takes the front, the Veno spends alot less on repairs too.

What the Veno has, is less expenses, compared to other classes. I focus on pure magic stat, with a little str for the equips. My mp regens very fast, even during combat, and if I really get too low I can drink some potions as I have been recieving many as drops and haven't needed to use. Heck I even sold the lower quality potions when I started getting alot of better ones. Plus in a short meditation I can recover my mp to full very quickly, but even that I end up rarely needing.

Veno's don't need regular breaks, they keep on fighting and fighting. Thats their biggest advantage, they are the masters of PvE. And to be frank, who cares about PvP?

And yet, even in PvP they can fight. They can't take the damage? They don't have to. They can just run away while their team and pet attack the pursuer. I played GW so I know a thing or two about kiting, and veno's can manage that quite nicely with their Summer Spirit plus manufactured speed orbs and an allied Cleric.

So they can't duel and win, big deal. Duels are just for fun anyway, nothing lost.

The bottom line is, Veno's are way superior in grinding and farming, which is the way the game works, plus they can lure very well. Without a doubt, the masters of PvE. Which is why I made a Veno after I understood how much better they are. With the money I can make with my Veno i'l later support my BM to make her stronger faster. Perfect plan no?

I totally agree on materials being too expensive and too scarce. Thats a major fault that needs fixing.

By the way, about the oversized pets. You know about holding Shift to click on NPC's through players right? Pets count as players, monsters count as NPC's. Get it? Use it b:victory
  • Tara - Lost City
    edited October 2008
    Thx for the Feedback i meant big as in Tanking wise
  • silverkyu
    silverkyu Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Its not just melee chars that can't make money clerics and archer spend more on pots and repairs than buy armor and weapons i have only like 50K and i'm lvl 51 archer most of that money goes on pots or repairs my friend is a lvl 51 cleric and he has the same problem but he needs more pots lol we both find it hard to get money and never have more than 50K

maybe you and your friend can stop between... I don't know, every 2 battles (assuming your killing monsters) and meditate... also, put some money away in your safes... works for me. Most of the pots I use are the ones I find while killing monsters
  • Dreadmaul - Heavens Tear
    Dreadmaul - Heavens Tear Posts: 519 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    You cant really understand unless you've seen the other's point of view. I'm a barbarian, and I had a hard time getting blows on BMs they're too fast. Sometimes I think transforming sucks, because you have to use a different set of skills. That takes money, and spirit u know. I also have a venomancer, and It wasn't really "All That'. Well it was good to have a pet, but u have to feed it, and that takes money, although u do get 200 water, but when that runs out u will need 2 buy ur own.
    Well each race has their own unique thing.
  • Theonewhorox - Lost City
    Theonewhorox - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I don't agree with this topic,
    Hardly anything is different. I have a lv. 15 veno and I have been bored out of my wits. I don't get any other amount of money. Last week I went to every starter city and helped noobs with quests. I got no significant difference in price. Lost City is not any more rich than the others (When I mean rich I mean with drops) But I do agree about the potions and materials thing.
  • Asuni - Lost City
    Asuni - Lost City Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Well I do know every character have good things about every single one of them. As Dreadmaul said, I've dueled with my friend he barely hits me because of my evade, just killing him with normal attacks. I'm not sure if this changes in the higher levels. But I'm pretty sure every single class has sometihng good about them which your not weighing out here?

EDIT: Also once again not sure if this changes during high level, but I've been using less pots since I just normal physical attacking mobs and using Diamond Sura as for my pots. Theres no need to use skills unless in need badly, of course spamming skills would waste tons of mana pots. I usually use the pots I find off of mob killing ;S
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Aww quality didn't turn out as well ;(, oh well.
  • Chaoticelf - Heavens Tear
    Chaoticelf - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    You can buy baby pets. Truth is, Venos are built to need pets. As for not being able to tame them unless you're a Veno? That's... yet again, what makes a Veno a Veno. That's really all we have going for us.

you can also solo bosses other classes can't kill one on one venos have it easy with the pet like TT a archer,cleric,wizard and blademaster can't kill chitien alone a veno can and they don't need to repair as often or buy as many pots as other races and if they have a overpowered pet they don't even need hp or mp charms to survive
  • MajorRaze - Heavens Tear
    MajorRaze - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    WRONG!. Yes Venos are popular but tbh they aren't great at a higher level that's why no guild wants them. ANNNND barbarians are such low damage its not even funny...the best hit ive had at lvl43 is a 2000 crit. See? Yes we can transform and get pets but, Winged Elves fly at lvl one and can heal. Humans are great damage per seconds. Untamed really AREN'T that great as people will see when they get higher level if they picked it for pet or transformation. Personally i like the Winged Elves for lvl1 flight. Makes it easier to get places.