whats good?

Options
abrynn
abrynn Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2008 in Venomancer
ok so im lvl 34 and so far ive been "winging" it lol so i was wondering what skills are good and which arent i dont really like the fox form stuff so if someone could help me with just the casting skills that would be great

thanks
Post edited by abrynn on

Comments

• Amiris - Sanctuary
    Amiris - Sanctuary Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Get these skills maxed (only stating those you can have or are close to getting):
    Venomous Scarab
    Ironwood Scarab
    Metabolic Boost
    Nature's Grace
    Soul transfusion (Only 1 lvl to max it)
    Heal Pet
    Fox Form (for emergency escapes. The defense helps a LOT.)
    Wood Mastery
    Summer Sprint

All other skills are personal preference.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Credit to Symour for the signature.
    Amiris is my forum character. My actual main is Andralia.
    1,000 posts as of 10/01/09, which was also my birthday!
  • Shaneekwa - Sanctuary
    Shaneekwa - Sanctuary Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Clarification:
    Wood mastery is a passive skill = Wood-type spells damage increases

Along with what Amiris mentioned I'd get my passives as well.
  • Aenil - Heavens Tear
    Aenil - Heavens Tear Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    There's really no point in getting the Melee Mastery passive skill though... Wood Mastery is the only passive skill even worth getting and it should really be last on the list behind the other skill upgrades available.
  • Shaneekwa - Sanctuary
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Aenil makes a good point without actually saying it.

Skills depend on what server your on. In PVP some skills are required where on Sanctuary others are preferred. Depending on what server your on will determine what skills you want, so if you could tell us that info maybe people could better help you out.

Do you PVP or PVE?
  • Aenil - Heavens Tear
    Aenil - Heavens Tear Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    O.oa 99% of Venos do not melee in fox form and therefore they don't want Melee Mastery. This isn't related to which server you're on. Venos are a primarily magic damage class that are very rarely in fox form and don't have a need for a skill that increases melee damage in fox form.
  • Shaneekwa - Sanctuary
    edited November 2008
    Options
    O.oa 99% of Venos do not melee in fox form and therefore they don't want Melee Mastery. This isn't related to which server you're on.

Actually it is to a point!
    Some skills are basically not a good choice when it come to PVP so I've been told.
    Thats all I was saying along with you made a good point.

Also abrynn stated that he/she doesn't like, or use the fox form so I thought that was a given and Im sure he/she can read the skill description and or look up what skills can be use in either fox form or not.

Not trying to argue just trying to get a little more info from abrynn to better help in his/her decision.
  • RockyFox - Sanctuary
    RockyFox - Sanctuary Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    I Agree Melee Mastery is Pointless.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Abrynn - Sanctuary
    Abrynn - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Aenil makes a good point without actually saying it.

Skills depend on what server your on. In PVP some skills are required where on Sanctuary others are preferred. Depending on what server your on will determine what skills you want, so if you could tell us that info maybe people could better help you out.

Do you PVP or PVE?

im on sanctuary and i havent had the urge to pvp lol
  • rking
    rking Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    First of all you guys are missing the entire point of the veno. The fox form has some advantages, and should be level if you're doing light build/ heavy & robe mix / heavy build. At least the first 3 skills on this list.

Skills that compliment foxes
    Bramble Hood / Bramble Guard - godly Reduce & Reflect damage. WR & WB are terrified of Hood. (75% reduce damage, 200% reflect back)
    Leech - godly HP stealing skill. (gain 600HP / hit)
    Hex Mist - Spamable and great against any physical damage dealing. (70% decrease in acc)
    Melee Mastery - 220% physical damage increase is a lot. 300% If you're heaven build.
    Stunning Blow - great to hold down caster classes so your pet can rip them to pieces. (Paralyze in place)
    Amplify Damage - great for FB and HH run, 20% more damage = faster run.
    Purge - only use in TW and PVP, but great if they're Cleric buff.