my screenies <3 (full graphics)

khaai
khaai Posts: 80 Arc User
edited November 2008 in The Fanatics Forum
Hi everyone,
I thought that maybe I can post some of my best screenshots so far. They are from Malaysian version but it's the same in terms of graphics. I love taking screenshots.... My folder now is over 5GB so I should consider deleting most of them and leaving only the best ones.
I also included some brief explanation as to point what the screenshot is about. I hope you like them as much as I do. I'm looking forward to making more and more unique shots, so if you have any tips/suggestions/complaints feel free to share them with me.

These are my two characters, EP (Cleric) and WF (Venomancer) that I love very much, plus some scenery.

The sunset over Ancient Dragon City (Archosaur T_T) is really beautiful... O_O
20080702194807oa6.jpg

A shot I made while in Ethersword
20080726023046ks2.jpg

cuddle cuddle xDD
20080803214529nv8.jpg

On SaintGod together with one of my friends
20080804035309km9.jpg
Post edited by khaai on

Comments

• khaai
    edited August 2008
    In a flower garden near Mirror Lake Residence
    20080805210852po5.jpg

I just thought that this skill was nice so I took a pic:
    20080816231447ci5.jpg

Tears Of Heaven City during the night is omg O_O
    20080817234406lc5.jpg

Smooches with a smexy firend xDDDD *droools* lol xD
    20080818225328dz5.jpg
  • ren
    ren Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Too small to count as full, and it doesn't look like you set view range to 5 either.
    Enabling glow (soften in pwi) also counts against you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Official PWI irc: (mirc command, opens in a new window and won't interfere with any servers you're already on) /server -m irc.deltaanime.net -j #pwint
  • khaai
    edited August 2008
    And the last 4 pics for now:

In Heroes Tomb, killing Mardook with friends:
    20080820231855gi0.jpg

In Valley Of Chest Board Village with my flying piglet >_>
    20080822031215pt2.jpg

Flying with swanie again, don't mind me for being childish T___T
    20080822033220kq5.jpg

Sunset in Town Of Arriving:
    20080822115042rj8.jpg
  • reversal
    reversal Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Nice Collection, =)

You should create your own thread, I like to look at things like these with little captions, bravo :)
  • khaai
    edited August 2008
    ren wrote: »
    Too small to count as full, and it doesn't look like you set view range to 5 either.

o_O
    When I used the term "full" I meant that game graphics is set to greatest detail, not that the screenshots are full screen / 4:3 / ...
    Well the game setting is set to "full" regardless of which version i'm playing - 4:3 or widescreen. I prefer the widescreen because it looks like a movie. :D:D And my highest resolution is 1024x768 so I can't make bigger than that. =P
    Enabling glow (soften in pwi) also counts against you.

erm.... this is strange o_O ... This is how the real PW looks like in its best light, the "light graphics" mode is only while browsing the stalls in ADC to reduce lag.... I did not alter these images in any way, just converted them from bmp to jpeg,so they are taken directly from the game. Since this is probably the best mmorpg ever created in terms of graphics, I don't see why I should not enjoy the game to its greatest detail... In fact I NEVER used the light graphics mode, since I never had lag or anything that prevented me from enjoying PW's breath-taking graphics (thanks to lagless connection and 2GM RAM I guess....). Thanks for the reply, I appreciate feedback. :p:p
  • nounours
    nounours Posts: 453
    edited August 2008
    nounours01.jpg

nounours02.jpg

G-force 8800 gtx :cool:
  • ren
    edited August 2008
    ... soften = blur = complete ****. Soften has absolutely no effect on my framerate so I don't know what you're going on about, it just looks godawful.

And it seems nounours doesn't know what is AA and AF..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Official PWI irc: (mirc command, opens in a new window and won't interfere with any servers you're already on) /server -m irc.deltaanime.net -j #pwint
  • thelastninja
    thelastninja Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I m not impressed at all by PW GFX compared to games like LoTRO that have a way better overall GFX quality and run WAY smoother on old computers like mine (AMD Athlon 3.2Ghz - Radeon x1950pro 512Mo AGP - 2Go DDR2). This game needs a better optimization.
  • kelo
    kelo Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Really nice screens khaai ^^ The Dragon City (Archosaur T_T ) one is really nice.
    ~ Through the darkest of night, we shall shine brightly, revealing the path to both friendship and glory ~
    Kelovar, Radiance executor
  • nounours
    nounours Posts: 453
    edited August 2008
    2008%2D08%2D26%2013%2D36%2D36.jpg

2008%2D08%2D26%2013%2D40%2D31.jpg

2008%2D08%2D26%2019%2D01%2D16.jpg

2008%2D08%2D26%2019%2D02%2D10.jpg

Okei, this gonna be personal now:
    Procssor: Intel core duo 2.4ghz
    DDR2 2GO
    sound blaster X-fi
    Vista ultimate
    Gforce 8800 GTX (dual)
    ps: when i convert bmb's (5mb+) to jpg i lose quality, just backed up my pc, didnt instal phot shop yet!! ; )
  • kaeriin
    kaeriin Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    People like ren make me wish you could punch people through the screen... Just stop thread crapping, STOP, I hope your elitism bites you in the **** soon

Bloom looks ALOT better than no bloom, without bloom the game looks dead and not much better than Wow, bloom is what makes the difference
  • ren
    edited August 2008
    kaeriin wrote: »
    People like ren make me wish you could punch people through the screen... Just stop thread crapping, STOP, I hope your elitism bites you in the **** soon

Bloom looks ALOT better than no bloom, without bloom the game looks dead and not much better than Wow, bloom is what makes the difference
    Yeah, just like jpeg artifacts make **** look better. Sorry, you have failed.

HDR = good
    bloom = bad
    sharp = good
    sharp with fancy shmancy hdr lighting = good
    blurry = bad. period.
    alive = definately not what bloom look adds. it looks ARTIFACTED. DETERIORATED.

For more on hdr vs bloom.. http://www.ocforums.com/archive/index.php/t-456851.html
    The only guys saying bloom is better stated so under the assumption that HDR doesn't work with AA - which is true for older nvidia cards, but newer ones (as well as all ati cards) have no such issue. Games are unplayably ugly without AA, so if you have an old nvidia card, not using HDR is understandable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • khaai
    edited August 2008
    XD

@ Ren: so in order to take the best screenshot I have to reduce graphics quality to 20%? lol..... Something is SERIOUSLY wrong with you. :rolleyes: If you prefer HDR over Bloom it's your own choice and not our problem. From now on I will completely ignore any attempt of yours to spam this topic. Anyways congrats, you succeeded in making this topic ****. :D

@ nounours: The second one is the best, I don't like the first one very much because the ground close to the camera looks a bit pixelized... :( It's a problem for me when I want to take a shot close to the ground... My shots are almost the same, because I was always hurrying to lvl up xD
    I will try my best to make more original ones like PvE and the like, not only sceneries. It is difficult to make screens while I fight a mob or in HH since everything is so dynamic and I'm afraid of being killed.... But I will keep trying!! ^^ Btw nounours, nice fansite ;) I have one suggestion. When you access the page both music player and video player starts loading, and both songs starts playing at the same time xD. I think it would be much better if you disable the music player at the bottom of the page.
  • ren
    edited August 2008
    khaai wrote: »
    @ Ren: so in order to take the best screenshot I have to reduce graphics quality to 20%? lol.....

Turning glow on reduces graphics quality down to 20%. I suggest you see an eye doctor. And, for the record, you turned it to **** because your reply isn't coherent or logical.

It can't be argued that bloom is better than HDR, period.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • khaai
    edited August 2008
    I will be adding more screens when I find some good ones. :D
  • sikozu
    sikozu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Full graphics is not that hard to get ^^ with this game but here is one of my screenies :D
    I use WS so sorry for the stretchy image ^^ This is an old SS though I dont play CB anymore.

2008-08-2212-02-04.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ★ :Sikozu :: Venomancer: ★ :Nebira :: Cleric: ★
  • hong
    hong Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    You know what this game needs? An option to AA the graphics, it'll look way better. Too many pixels =(
    RoC.
  • thundercleas
    thundercleas Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    nice screenshots
  • kuukai
    kuukai Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    04-30-06, 02:30 Pm
    Ok What Im Trying To Figure Out Here Is What The Difference Between Hdr And Bloom Lighting Is. I Know Hdr Is Better, But What Is Bloom.

Ok, Im Fairly Certain On This.

Hdr Is High Dynamic Range Lighting Which I Believe Is Supposed To Be Dynamic, Like It Fluctuates. So Your In A Dark Cave And You Go Outside And Its Really Bright For A Short Time Till You Adjust To It And The Lighting Evens Out So Its More Comfartable. I Believe Thats What Hdr Is Supposed To Do.

Bloom Is Like A Fake Hdr. It Just Adds The Really Bright Glare To Objects. So Like Your At The Beach And The Sun Is Setting, So The Game Would Add A Really Bright Glare On The Horizon Of The Ocean To Add The Effect Of The Sun Glare, But It Never Fluctuates In Brightness.

Hoped That Helped :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • miuu
    miuu Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    This is a n00b question but how do you take screenies without all the stats and windows showing? There are x's on the player stats windows, but what about everything else? :confused:

The screenies you took are awesomeness <33
  • jaide
    jaide Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    khaai wrote: »
    In a flower garden near Mirror Lake Residence
    20080805210852po5.jpg

I just thought that this skill was nice so I took a pic:
    20080816231447ci5.jpg

Tears Of Heaven City during the night is omg O_O
    20080817234406lc5.jpg

Smooches with a smexy firend xDDDD *droools* lol xD
    20080818225328dz5.jpg

i wish international had those cool clothes!! XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Aioka~Lunar Leader~Heaven's Tear
  • Mandalorian - Heavens Tear
    Mandalorian - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Those screenshots are great if you ask me.
    I would use a smilie but they all look weird to instead i say
    XD O_O ^_^ :)
  • luvisan
    luvisan Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    those are awesome!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Divinedangel - Sanctuary
    Divinedangel - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    My fav pic is the one with the couple and the guy is carrying the girl on the sword flying into the sunset, haha kinda sounds a little cheesy but o wellz :P
  • dvorak
    dvorak Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    nice screens! b:victory
    pwe_dvorak.jpg

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/pwe_dvorak
  • Shuuriin - Heavens Tear
    Shuuriin - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    who cares if u guys are just here to criticise on the screenies. just enjoy the beautiful scenic pics
  • Yugo_ - Lost City
    Yugo_ - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Very nice pics b:pleased
  • kulito
    kulito Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    [Quote:
    Originally Posted by khaai View Post
    @ Ren: so in order to take the best screenshot I have to reduce graphics quality to 20%? lol..... ]

Turning glow on reduces graphics quality down to 20%. I suggest you see an eye doctor. And, for the record, you turned it to **** because your reply isn't coherent or logical.

It can't be argued that bloom is better than HDR, period.

I came across this thread searching for the best way to display PWI's graphics and tried the advice to turn off soften(having it on by deafault, because it must be great, right?) and i'm actually finding it really difficult to turn it back on now. it gives me the same feeling as when i forget to clean my glasses, and the image looks ok, but really blurry. without soften on the world looks so much more defined and clearer to look at.

but anyway, just because I was bored I made some full view comparison screens. :)

with soften on - far

3037305796_e2c43d078c_o.jpg

with soften off - far

3036473087_7f58b8f130_o.jpg

with soften on - medium

3036470475_983f04bc1d_o.jpg

with soften off - medium

3036474417_78c1b669c8_o.jpg
  • kulito
    kulito Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    with soften on - close

3037304552_24a3f05966_o.jpg

with soften off - close

3036471823_ac61b5d372_o.jpg

I'd like to know what everyone else thinks, or if you use the feature or not. :)
  • ChaoticWoIf - Heavens Tear
    ChaoticWoIf - Heavens Tear Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    ahaha what the hell is that? a huge flying pig? oh man it gets better and better
    (only been playing for 3 days)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]