Ranger Help

sephirothranger
sephirothranger Posts: 8 Arc User
edited April 2010 in Archer
Well, I have just barely started out in my PW life, and I wanna know how to become a world-class archer? Give me some general stats I should have around level 20. Pl0xb:pleased
Post edited by sephirothranger on

Comments

• wolfex
    wolfex Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    just put enough into str and dex to wear equipment. save the rest for later. when you're high lvl you can decide for yourself where to put the extra (there won't be much extra so just find out for yourself)
  • nauziem
    nauziem Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    One of the most popular builds is the 'pure', wherein you allocate 4 points dexterity, and 1 point strength EVERY level. Check my thread 'archer basics' for more details, or look up other "build" or "stats" threads on the forum.
  • MorgulLord - Sanctuary
    MorgulLord - Sanctuary Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Here is a comprehensive guide to skills and builds.

http://docs.google.com/View?docid=dfrzdnmr_0chcxnv

I'm going the Hybrid way, with Dex, Str and Vit. Gives you a little more survivability at the expense of reduced damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally...
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    i wouldnt suggest hybrid, i restatted from it, pure dex..the damage output is so nice for grind can kill mobs before they reach you-little need for high hp in PvE grind
  • MorgulLord - Sanctuary
    MorgulLord - Sanctuary Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    From what I've read, Vit gives you more survivability in TW. So I guess it should count for something....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally...
  • Old_one - Lost City
    Old_one - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    it might be a good idea to put a little on magic because archers always need MP to fly
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    it might be a good idea to put a little on magic because archers always need MP to fly

NO NO NO NO NO *gets out slingshot*
  • Darkdarsi - Heavens Tear_1296480641
    edited August 2009
    NO NO NO NO NO *gets out slingshot*

LMAO b:laugh
  • outlawarcher
    outlawarcher Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    NEVER put points to magic as an archer!. the mp comsumtion at low levels will not matter when you reach level 30 anyway. and as an archer you shouldn't use nothing but skills. opening with take aim (and later deadly shot) then let loose a normal attack then fire a knock back arrow followed by frost arrow will almost kill most same level mobs simply finish them off with normall attacks. and winged shell will regenerate yourr mp
  • dorej
    dorej Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Was Wondering i am new when i start wich class looks like a mermaid and do archers have wings on there back or head