PWI Giveaway! Winners Announced! (see post #75)

13»

Comments

• Veno_master - Sanctuary
    Veno_master - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    The chances of winning this must be like winning the lottery. Most people that play this could afford a DS themselves(ebay ftw). Theres nothing special about a DS with stickers on it that you coud make yourself for the same price as a normal package of zen. This isnt realy promotional as you are just going to get the regular amount of zen buyers and whoever get the DS isnt going to use it, rather sell it(ebay ftw) because they are playing PWI already.
  • Iamadudeirl - Lost City
    Iamadudeirl - Lost City Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    The chances of winning this must be like winning the lottery. Most people that play this could afford a DS themselves(ebay ftw). Theres nothing special about a DS with stickers on it that you coud make yourself for the same price as a normal package of zen. This isnt realy promotional as you are just going to get the regular amount of zen buyers and whoever get the DS isnt going to use it, rather sell it(ebay ftw) because they are playing PWI already.

Then tell them what kind of prize you would prefer, they're asking for feedback not emo jibber jabber. (ebay ftw)
  • Shawdowfang - Heavens Tear
    Shawdowfang - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Most of you people havent actually read the rules of this event.
    It says you dont have to buy zen from the cash shop. You get entered for buying gold from the auction house as well.
    So if you happen to REALLY want a DS with PWI images, I suggest you go buy some gold from the auction house instead.
    That way its free b:victory

PS. I think you'd get a much bigger response for giving away some of the major gaming consoles such as an Xbox 360. Im pretty sure that would quiet most of those complaining right now.
  • Lessie - Lost City
    Lessie - Lost City Posts: 917 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    lol @ whiners.
    omg the EVIL PWI are trying to steal from us !!!(let's ignore that PWI is business) by giving something free from buying the stuff you'd end up buying anyway, omg they are SOOO EVVILLLL !!!
    Hilarious.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

Dieho: I win 15 on 1, I roll all of your guild to sz all by myself !
    Lessie: Proof?
    Dieho: I dont have any, but my word is more than enough.
    Lessie: Well I won 33 on 1 the other day :D
    b:cute
  • mountainman
    mountainman Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Am I missing something here. I couldn't read through all 7 pages so maybe I have.

The GMs are not forcing anyone to do anything different. In fact they're not saying you have to buy Zen. They are basically saying "Hey go about your normal routine and for those of you who were going to purchase Zen then as a thank you, you have a chance to win a DS.". So if you don't want to win a DS don't buy Zen. If you didn't plan on buy Zen before then don't. They have taken nothing away from the normal day to day, but instead have added to it. They have also made it possible for non paying players to get a chance as well which they didn't have to do.

Settle down people. At least the GMs think of stuff to do and make changes. If you want to play a game where the GMs don't do anything at all then I can point you in the direction I just came from.
  • Zethanal - Heavens Tear
    Zethanal - Heavens Tear Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Get this straight... We DON'T want a DS! We want a PS3!!! OR A WII!! YEA A WII!
    "Death is just a new path, a path everyone has to take." -Gandalf
  • nounours
    nounours Posts: 453
    edited November 2008
    remember that there will be only 3winers. How many will be counted into the "give away"? 100?200?300?
    Unfortunetly your chance of geting a DS(I ve already 1 :p) seems to be under 1%.
  • Lessie - Lost City
    Lessie - Lost City Posts: 917 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    nounours wrote: »
    remember that there will be only 3winers. How many will be counted into the "give away"? 100?200?300?
    Unfortunetly your chance of geting a DS(I ve already 1 :p) seems to be under 1%.
    so ?
    b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

Dieho: I win 15 on 1, I roll all of your guild to sz all by myself !
    Lessie: Proof?
    Dieho: I dont have any, but my word is more than enough.
    Lessie: Well I won 33 on 1 the other day :D
    b:cute
    edited November 2008
    It should be called a Raffel... Not a Giveaway. Can you edit the title? It feels like a scam and the Devs were also on drugs when they made the ladies show there panties :o
  • dvorak
    dvorak Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Quick Reminder:

This event will be coming to a close shortly and on Monday (Nov. 17) we will begin tabulation of our sales data to determine the winners of our 3 prizes.

Thanks to everyone for participating! We are very pleased with the increase of Zen Charges as a result of this event - particularly from users who have never made a transaction before.

Stay tuned next week (likely Wed or Thur) when we announce the 3 winners!

have a great weekend, all!
    pwe_dvorak.jpg

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/pwe_dvorak
    edited November 2008
    You too Dvorak... Hopfuly, that people wont be scammed by a "broken DS".
  • Diagon - Lost City
    Diagon - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Do you guys think you could extend the event to Monday? Some friends from a gaming community are getting paid soon, and we're all playing Perfect World International... I'm not saying "extend the event just for us", I'm sure it'd give others a chance to buy stuff too.
  • Cysus - Lost City
    Cysus - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    just seeing if sig works... Sorry if it doesn't belong here !!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proud member of Sacrifice
  • dvorak
    dvorak Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Hello to all the fine and friendly folk of PWI! After firing up the ol' Cray Supercomputer we recently fed it an algorithm to randomly select 1 user from each of our 3 servers to award our custom branded DS Lites to.

After several cycles of intense calculation the 3 winners have been announced below! Two of our winners were made eligible for this drawing by charging Zen during the specified week, while the other winner purchased gold through the Auction House.

The winners are:

SANCTUARY = _Hotep_ (Cleric)
    LOST CITY = loveME (Cleric)
    HEAVENS TEAR = Ona (Cleric)

To our 3 winners, first off congratulations! Please PM me when you have a chance and let me know the following information:

1) Your Full Name
    2) An email address
    3) Your shipping address

Once I hear back from the 3 of you, I will keep you posted on when your DS Lite gets shipped out!
    pwe_dvorak.jpg

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/pwe_dvorak
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    grats loveme b:thanks
  • Josh - Lost City
    Josh - Lost City Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Dvorak wrote: »
    Hello to all the fine and friendly folk of PWI! After firing up the ol' Cray Supercomputer we recently fed it an algorithm to randomly select 1 user from each of our 3 servers to award our custom branded DS Lites to.

After several cycles of intense calculation the 3 winners have been announced below! Two of our winners were made eligible for this drawing by charging Zen during the specified week, while the other winner purchased gold through the Auction House.

The winners are:

SANCTUARY = _Hotep_ (Cleric)
    LOST CITY = loveME (Cleric)
    HEAVENS TEAR = Ona (Cleric)

To our 3 winners, first off congratulations! Please PM me when you have a chance and let me know the following information:

1) Your Full Name
    2) An email address
    3) Your shipping address

Once I hear back from the 3 of you, I will keep you posted on when your DS Lite gets shipped out!

Rigged..... three winners all Clerics.... and then implemented the chances to get enter if you buy gold from AH.... then wouldnt people buy 50$ sell that 50$ to his other char or friend and keep selling it back to eachother for about 200-300 entries? before you run out of money?
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    Nayiro - Sanctuary Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    wow, all three are clerics lol.
    Gratz :3
    Back.
  • pineapplexpress
    pineapplexpress Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Rigged..... three winners all Clerics.... and then implemented the chances to get enter if you buy gold from AH.... then wouldnt people buy 50$ sell that 50$ to his other char or friend and keep selling it back to eachother for about 200-300 entries? before you run out of money?

lol negative.... i only entered 3 times 20 bucks each time what i usually spend to upkeep hp/mp charms on cleric and i wasnt even thinking about the event until a guildmate was like omg u won im like really O.O ????

the whole time i was like eh couldnt be me but whatta ya know.. i was having a crappy day today too ty perfect world ^^ you guys made my day a hell of alot better.. like someone said its nice to see atleast im gettin somethin back for spending money :)
  • CrimsonCrime - Sanctuary
    CrimsonCrime - Sanctuary Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    gratz for the 3 clerics who won b:victory
    b:angryb:angryb:angryb:angryb:angryb:angryb:angry
  • Foxgodz - Heavens Tear
    Foxgodz - Heavens Tear Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    1 winner per server?Weak GM's just weak,pass it along.You're already getting a ton of revenue increase on people more tempted to buy some Gold cause of the event and now your greed goes so far as to only give 1 person per server a chance to win a DS-Lite.

Start making worthy events,u know the ones that benefit non-cash shop users too.I could give many suggestions,but what suggestion convinces greed?

Edit:Gratz to those who won it;)
  • Drazo - Heavens Tear
    Drazo - Heavens Tear Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    All three were clerics? What were the odds of that? <_<
    Non-mule alts:

Drazo - Venomancer - Dreamweaver - Semi-active
    Knatami - Barbarian - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    Drazorus - Archer - Sanctuary - Inactive
    Cidemami - Cleric - Dreamweaver - Inactive
    Recilsami - Blademaster - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    DrazoThePsy - Psychic - Dreamweaver - Active
    DrazoTheSas - Assassin - Dreamweaver - Active
  • Kimyrielle - Heavens Tear
    Kimyrielle - Heavens Tear Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited November 2008

Feels right somehow, though. All that healing and stuff, we deserve some relaxation every now and then, and a DS sounds just about right for that! b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • callam
    callam Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008

Odds were probably pretty high you know. Hardcore clerics charge ZEN on a possible daily basis to restock charms/dolls to keep going. More ZEN charges > more chances to win.
    IGN: Deimos
    Faction: Modo
    Level: 2X
    Server: East, untill OB when I'll switch to EU
    Guild: None for the moment.
  • InstantMoney - Heavens Tear
    InstantMoney - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Lets hope the winners get the prize before Xmas. That way they can re-gift that PoS DS.
    "One time when me was high, me sold me car for like 24 chicken McNuggets."
    Ali G
  • pineapplexpress
    pineapplexpress Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    wow such haters. i kno ima enjoy my ds ^^ .. ty pwi~
  • Drazo - Heavens Tear
    Drazo - Heavens Tear Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I've already got a DS anyway. b:mischievous
    Non-mule alts:

Drazo - Venomancer - Dreamweaver - Semi-active
    Knatami - Barbarian - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    Drazorus - Archer - Sanctuary - Inactive
    Cidemami - Cleric - Dreamweaver - Inactive
    Recilsami - Blademaster - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    DrazoThePsy - Psychic - Dreamweaver - Active
    DrazoTheSas - Assassin - Dreamweaver - Active
  • Nicestuff_Ty - Heavens Tear
    Nicestuff_Ty - Heavens Tear Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    This game is based off real life money really, Mounts ect (besides midnight now that the rest are in boutique weak btw..). Look at the mob drops, nothing really amazing most games have mobs that you can kill for certian drops (rares,mats ect) after the mob turns green on here thats it grind of days on that mob tryna get low level mat.. Its all pathetic really lol, So I don't buy Zen especially when they over charge if your out of the US. I like that extra charge they tried to put on alsob:chuckle. Most games shouldnt make it so you never have to enter the number again, instead PWI REMEMBERS your numbers and all you gotta do is click on how much zen n click next. LOL at that. This idea is just like the referral, Horrible. So we gotta convince people to join a game, spend there money on it then we get OMG A FREE PIXELATED BLACK RAPTOR !!!

I wont be buying zen for along time :)
    I like when I say stuff that make kids go b:cryb:cryb:cryb:cry.

Love,
    TenderMeat. b:kiss (New character, retired this BM)