Unbuild: Melee Cleric (not healing focused)

Options
coib
coib Posts: 3
edited November 2008 in Cleric
This is not a healing focused cleric.
Currently, to cast spells, a cleric MUST wield a weapon that has a magical damage modifier. Thus the following build currently doesn't work... but it would be fun in my opinion :)
-=LEVEL 28 STATS=-
STR: 72
DEX: 32
MAG: 10
VIT: 41

Weapon: Polearm
Armor: Heavy

Basically mana is only used for buffs, occasional debuffs, and personal heals. I'm not sure how effective of a combatant this character would be, but it would be fun to find out b:laugh
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• xlovex
    xlovex Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    I think...it would probably be a terrible idea.

If you did the same build with a bm, you'd do much better damage, tank better, and be able to heal yourself (yay!).

so...generally, classes are structured a certain way for a reason, and trying unique weapon combinations etc results in a really crappy char.

it might not be terribly noticeable right now, but as levels get higher, mobs start to become increasingly difficult, and a bad build will show itself.
  • Eliatron - Lost City
    Eliatron - Lost City Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Melee cleric dont exist.
    Its cant be done that concept with PW....
  • miago
    miago Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    actually a melee cleric could work...I believe they call them palladins

but that build wouldn't work...

maybe you should make the character and say how well it does...then post about the build you are doing?

also that build would only auto attack...so your damage wouldn't be any good
  • Tiament - Heavens Tear
    Tiament - Heavens Tear Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    nuke cleric > melee cleric >.>

But this would be a good build if you just want to mess around....I guess.

Edit: Also heavy armor will still do little for your hp. As not only would physical attacks tear through you,now magic would as well.
  • Klath - Sanctuary
    Klath - Sanctuary Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    I also thought about this, they would be awesome to play, except by one small issue (as already stated):

NO cleric skills work with any weapon besides magic weapons or bare-handed (no, not even fists).

So you would need to remove your weapon or switch to a lv1 wand everytime you wished to cast ANY skill.
    Such annoyance would make you bored of your char before getting him to lv50. =(

PS: These weapon requeriments are STUPID. Unless a skill is specifically designed for X type of weapons (such as blademaster's or archer's), i dont see why they should require it.