Territory War: How does it work?

Benor - Lost City
Benor - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
edited November 2008 in General Discussion
Look, I am a level 31 noob. I have no idea whatsoever how Territory War works and what happens during it. Also, what are the rewards for your faction winning a territory? How frequently do territory wars happen?
Please help me understandb:surrender
Post edited by Benor - Lost City on

Comments

• Foxygoth - Heavens Tear
    Foxygoth - Heavens Tear Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    TW happens every week,u must be lvl 40+ to participate and the factions receive 10mill per territory held
    Its basically a PVP event which involves both sides taking catapults to destroy the opponents crystal,which is held in there castle type building.
    Winner is the faction who destroys the opposer crystal first
    Oh yeah and theres towers there to impede your attempts :)
    foxygoth-lvl92- arcane veno

ElfyGoth-lvl 65-support cleric
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    Hisui - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,369 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    There is no restriction in the level you must be to participate in TW.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Check out ForsakenX 's sig thread O_O
    Enrage - We Eat.
  • Mrs_parijs - Heavens Tear
    Mrs_parijs - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    This was the very question I was looking for an answer to. One more tho.....for the winning faction of TW.....what happens to that money? Where does it go each week? Is it just going to the leader and he is filthy rich alone? Now that would seem kinda suky but I am still kinda new to all this to....so not to sure how the rewards work and who benefits from them.
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    It is up to the leader on what happens with the money. I doubt that a guild in which the leader hordes every piece of money would have people staying in it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lycanthropia - Heavens Tear
    Lycanthropia - Heavens Tear Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    i disagree

i think that a good guild, where everyone is happy, with a good leader is enough.

leader don't have to pay ppl to stay in his guild, if they leave, that is what they wanted before TW. leaders know how some of their guildies are, and i'm sure they prefere to spend money on others TW or on stuff for ALL the guild, than paying 115k to everyone (10 m per land / 80 ppl, not enough lol )

edit : and will you pay a lvl 30 as a lvl 80 XD (i think it won'tt be fair for both of them) : hard thing to give money then
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Well, if it's a guild that was built for TW, then I think a lot of players would expect some type of reward. If it's just a casual laid back guild, then not so much.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Transcend - Lost City
    Transcend - Lost City Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Territory Wars, from what I've experienced it as:

- Guild pays at least 500k to attack a territory. If another guild wants that same territory, bidding war begins, and whoever pays the highest wins the right to fight.
    - If guild owns no territories, must attack level 3 territory first.
    - If territory is vacant, a PVE war begins, with about 200 lvl75+ mobs defending, and a boss at the end.
    - If territory is occupied, you fight with up to 80 players for each guild.
    - Using various strategies, teams must infiltrate the opposing side's base, using up to four catapults pulled by WereBeasts to do massive damage.
    - There are three types of defense towers available, and can be built for 100k each.
    - Towers can only be built once, and there are four in base, six just outside the front gates, and a few others at various points on the map.
    - You can fly up to an altitude level of 22.
    - HP Charms are a MUST, MP charms optional (imo)
    - Apothecary pills add survivability
    - Unbalanced GvG battles last less than 20 minutes, and others can last the entire 3 hours.
    - Communication tools (ventrilo, teamspeak) are a must for leaders to communicate attack plans and strategies
    - You should usually target classes that are weak to yours (archers -> robes, robes -> light/heavy armor)
    - Try to be in the same fly/land mode your target is in, so you do full damage rather than half
    - Guilds receive 10mil per each level 3 territory they own, not sure about level 2 or 1 territories
    - Money is sent to leader, and *usually* divvied up with those in attendance, since people have to spend coins on repair fees, charms, etc.
    - TWs are expensive. The longer they last, the more costly it is for each individual (at least from an archer's perspective)
    - It's incredibly fun if you know what you're doing and your guild is somewhat organized.
    - It's also a big adrenaline rush, and the most exciting aspect of PW :)

Here's my highlight reel from the UL vs Conq war last friday. Of course, we lost after defending for two hours :(:
    UL vs Conq
    youtube.com/transcendpw

Latest Release: Electric Daisy Carnival [20 June 2013]
    Total Videos: 38
    Subscribers: 1,775
    Total Views: 1.21 million

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Scarag - Heavens Tear
    Scarag - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    First: There is no level restriction for Territory Wars. I started playing Territory wars at level 32 so theres no way there is a 40+ limit.
    - There is a 3:00 (3 hour) time limit to all Territory Wars
    - It is costly to all members of a faction no matter what their class is the longer the war is. Barbarians have to buy the catapults and everyone needs the potions, weapon and armor repairs and so on.
    - It is 100% up to the faction leader on what the faction money earned from Territory Wars is used for. They can have themselves live a lavish lifestyle. They can give it to themselves and just their officers. They can pay everyone who participated in the battles. And many other ways.
    - When you have bordering terriotory with the terrotory that is having a battle you will have a defensive or offensive advantage.
    - When 1 faction had bids on several of their terriorys the game will make it so there is a large chance all the battles are at once. It may sound unfair but it is to give large and powerful factions to have a larger challenge. It is a preventive measure to stop 1 faction from holding the entire planet and nobody else is strong enough to get their own land.
  • Haiz - Lost City
    Haiz - Lost City Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Here's my highlight reel from the UL vs Conq war last friday. Of course, we lost after defending for two hours :(:
    UL vs Conq

Aww that makes me sad, my only appearance is at the end of the war and my HP charm was gone and didn't feel like buying a new one cause the war was almost over.b:cry

Nice video though I can make fun of everyone else now.b:thanks
  • kwyl
    kwyl Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Can non-participants just go watch this happen or does it take place on a special "plane" so there are no PCs questing or roaming in the battle zone?
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    special map that only 80 members of each faction can join into (also gota be more then 100 hours in faction from time of ...?budding i think)
  • kwyl
    kwyl Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Sure would be cool if we could go watch a root for our "team" :)
  • Transcend - Lost City
    Transcend - Lost City Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    special map that only 80 members of each faction can join into (also gota be more then 100 hours in faction from time of ...?budding i think)

Oh yeah, forgot about that. You need at least 100 hours to be able to enter.
    youtube.com/transcendpw

Latest Release: Electric Daisy Carnival [20 June 2013]
    Total Videos: 38
    Subscribers: 1,775
    Total Views: 1.21 million

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Darcane - Lost City
    Darcane - Lost City Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I hear you can also teleport to a territory your guild owns. How does that work?
  • Kelovar - Heavens Tear
    Kelovar - Heavens Tear Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    When the territory belongs to your guild:
    Open map > go to territory map > double click your territory

The name of the town to which you can teleport will appear, then you confirm. Your char will cast Town Portal skill (usable 1 time/hour) to teleport
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Through the darkest of nights, we shall shine brightly, revealing the path to both friendship and glory ~
    Kelovar, Radiance executor

Thanks ForsakenX for the sig *_*