Please help.

xxavalithxx
xxavalithxx Posts: 4 Arc User
edited November 2008 in Support Desk
Ok guys, I pray this gets answered and not ignored....

I spent 1 1/2 days downloading the whole PWI, (Yes I know, slow) and then I click on the PWI folder after downloading it, the 7-zip extract pops up, I then go Extract but.... It says "Cannot open file Perfect_World_International.exe as a archive" I've tried so hard, and I wanted PWI so bad I've been cut off from the internet so that I dont interfer with the download...Please help. b:bye
Post edited by xxavalithxx on

Comments

• Akaisora - Heavens Tear
    Akaisora - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    sounds like a corrupted download >.<

unfortunately i guess the only way to go around this is to re-download the file agin >.<

:Edit:

And if I may suggest, go for the segmented (4 parts) download instead of 1 huge chunk direct download. This way, if ur download is corrupted, u only need to download the part that is corrupted, instead of re-downloading the entire chunk again.

Also, if possible try and use a download manager and see if it works to help your download speed.
    moo?
    *wobbles abit*
  • xxavalithxx
    edited November 2008
    ....... Please no. PLEASE NO!b:shocked
    edited November 2008
    btw i've made an edit. So you may want to take a look at it...
    moo?
    *wobbles abit*
  • xxavalithxx
    edited November 2008
    Download manager, eh? Well.... There is one word that describes me right now.... Sadface.
    edited November 2008
    well, i took around 1 day to complete the downloads as well or maybe slightly less. As I am connecting from Singapore and US > Singapore speeds are not that fast. So just keep at it =)

Just remember to download the segmented client installer. And if you're dying to play the game. I am sure you will eventually download all 4 parts. Whilst downloading, go watch TV or a movie or maybe clean up the room abit. Keep yourself occupied =)

Any parts that is corrupted, just redownload and keep urself occupied. Rinse and repeat. Though I doubt you need to repeat a lot of times =p

:EDIT:
    1 more word of advice, keep the installer on your PC. DO NOT delete it. Just in case you need to do a reinstall when **** happens and we all know that **** sometimes do happen...
    moo?
    *wobbles abit*
  • xxavalithxx
    edited November 2008
    Alright, thanks. It sure aswell wasnt what I wanted to hear but....
    we all know that **** sometimes do happen...
    I'll see to it.
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Suicide is not the answer.

It sounds like you've got a connectivity issue. uTorrent (or other robust torrent clients) will be able to deal with that problem. It's usually minor, and Ryuuzaki has a good guide on the matter, and his Alternative Method for Corrupt Files using Direct Download (with a quick tweak for the changes to the installer) may be able to save you a remarkable amount of time :
    Download a bit torrent program, such as uTorrent.
    Download the torrent controller and open it with your torrent program.

You should then be asked where y ou want to save the file. Browse to the directory where the original Perfect World International.exe file is located (should be my Documents\Downloads, and click OK. The torrent program should then start checking the integrity of the file and correct any corrupted files. You can also right-click on the file in the download area, and select Force Re-check to make extra sure.

kammie has an alternative guide if the above is confusing.
    1. download the torrent
    2. double click it, or just open it with utorrent
    3. LET IT DOWNLOAD FOR LIKE 1 MB ---> this way, utorrent generates the entire file
    4. now close utorrent and the download
    5. copy your corrupted zip file that you have downloaded before to the folder that utorrent created and overwrite that file
    6. open utorrent but do NOT start the download, instead rehash it by right clicking and selecting 'forece recheck' (or something like this, currently do not have bittorrent client installed)
    7. after awhile (about 3 minutes if u have a fast computer) it should say u have near 100% download
    8. continue download

This should be much faster than redownloading the whole thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.