Script Error?

darkblister4
darkblister4 Posts: 11 Arc User
edited November 2008 in Support Desk
I downloaded the game and then while the game was updating, I got this script error.
uab5s.jpg
I tried redownloading again from a different source but I get the same problem. Can anyone tell me how to fix this please? I'd appreciate it very much.
Post edited by darkblister4 on

Comments

• gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    In the short term, clicking No will probably let you play the game. As a better fix, you'd probably want to update your Flash.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darkblister4
    edited November 2008
    When I click no, it does nothing, then if I click exit after, then it gets rid of the message. Then another one like it pops up.
  • gattsuru
    edited November 2008
    Any success with the Flashplayer update?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darkblister4
    edited November 2008
    Well, I had already updated it before. I did it again anyway. The message is still there.
  • gattsuru
    edited November 2008
    Do you get the same error from the following site when opened in Internet Explorer : http://www.perfectworldinc.com/pw/notice.html ?

If so, please set perfectworldinc.com as a Trusted Site.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darkblister4
    edited November 2008
    Well, I don't get any error, but I get this:
    i2oqoh.jpg
    Not exactly what I get from when I use Mozilla.
  • darkblister4
    edited November 2008
    Can I get some more help on this please?
  • gattsuru
    edited November 2008
    Does that behaviour change if you set perfectworldinc.com as a Trusted Site?
    EDIT : And make sure that the flashplayer update was run from inside Internet Explorer. Macromedia's been doing some wierd stuff with browser-sensitive redirects.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darkblister4
    edited November 2008
    How do I set it as a trusted site? I don't use internet explorer much.
  • gattsuru
    edited November 2008
    From inside Internet Explorer, it should be at Tools -> Internet Option, click the Security Tab, click Trusted Sites, click the Sites button, disable Require Server Verification, and then click Add.

Again, I'd also recommend updating Flash Player from inside Internet Explorer, since Macromedia runs some very odd stuff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darkblister4
    edited November 2008
    gattsuru wrote: »
    Does that behaviour change if you set perfectworldinc.com as a Trusted Site?
    EDIT : And make sure that the flashplayer update was run from inside Internet Explorer. Macromedia's been doing some wierd stuff with browser-sensitive redirects.
    Is there something wrong with that perfectworldinc.com page? When I go to it, it only shows a "8..."
  • coib
    coib Posts: 3
    edited November 2008
    Is there something wrong with that perfectworldinc.com page? When I go to it, it only shows a "8..."

huh? The website is http://perfectworld.com
  • gattsuru
    edited November 2008
    Perfectworld.com has the account registration, user information, news, and the forums. Perfectworldinc.com is what the Launcher accesses in order to get information about the game. The top level of that server does not have much data on it, since it's not used that often, but Internet Explorer recognizes any sublayer as being Trusted if the top one is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darkblister4
    edited November 2008
    Its still not working. I did all you told me to.
  • darkblister4
    edited November 2008
    gattsuru, can you please reply? Sorry about double post.
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited November 2008
    Please do not spam threads solely to bump them. Also, please be patient when waiting for responses. We are not machines.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    (Speak for yourself Surtr, I am more machine now then Panda) ;)

If you are having trouble viewing certain parts of the website or the front end menu of the game, make sure you have the latest version of Flash installed.

You may need to uninstall the current version of Flash that you have installed to prevent any errors from occurring. The un-installer is here: http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=tn_14157

You can get the latest version of Flash at:
    http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/

Once you download it, run it and make sure all of your internet browser windows are closed.
    After Flash is installed, start up your browser and see how the www.perfectworld.com website
    shows up for you then. If it still doesn't show up well for you, try re-booting your PC then starting your browser.

Currently, we only support Firefox and Internet Explorer, although any web browser that supports
    the latest version of Flash and uses it properly should display it correctly.

Web Browsers Links:

Firefox
    http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

Internet Explorer
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/dow.../getitnow.mspx

Another thing is to make sure that you have cookies enabled if you are having issues with viewing the forums. With the Firefox Browser it is under Tools > Options > Privacy. For Internet Explorer, go to Tools > Internet Options > Privacy. A setting of Medium should be sufficient.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • darkblister4
    edited November 2008
    surtr wrote: »
    Please do not spam threads solely to bump them. Also, please be patient when waiting for responses. We are not machines.
    I apologize for doing so but I had already waited a couple of days and I would rather continue the thread than to make a new one.
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    No worries, just let us know if you got your issues fixed.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • darkblister4
    edited November 2008
    Well the site has always worked fine for me. Its just this script error. Does this have anything to do with me not defragmenting my computer for a while?
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited November 2008
    It couldn't hurt to try.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

This discussion has been closed.