To all Adults.Gm enforce the filter.

Jebbediah - Lost City
Jebbediah - Lost City Posts: 126 Arc User
edited November 2009 in Chronicles
I have just seen the filthiest language being used in global chat.

Are these people bypassing the filter Gm? if so something seriously needs to be done about this issue.

I have 3 in real life friends that ive been pushing to join this game with me along with thier kids like my family does and start a guild, get some land blabla have some fun.I can no longer justify pushing them to join this game as a re-evaluate my own time spent playing pw Gm.

I know i know grow a thicker skin right? well I gurentee no matter how thick your skin is if you were to use language like I just saw at your job infront of your boss,you wouldnt be employed very long.

Something needs to be done About the global usuage of racist and anti semitic flabbergastings that have been going on in your Global chat feature Gms.

I am greatly offended.I feel "you" Gms are obligated to do soemthing about this.

Ps.Gms if thier is no filter in game and no plans to enact one.Please let me know as I cannot allow my family to see this sort of filth untill I have a 100% Fact.

Thank you for your time Gm.

Adults-Mature people, if you feel as I do please post your signature so we can show Gm's this is a problem that needs to be dealt with.Thank you for your time
Post edited by Jebbediah - Lost City on

Comments

• darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Please enclose screenshots in JPG format of the issues when they occur, so we can search their names and pull up chat logs.

Then send a ticket to Customer Support at http://support.perfectworld.com/ticketing and attach the screenshot.

As per my understanding, the chat filter for the game has a huge list of things that it does block.
    We, and others went through the list to include a bunch of offensive words.

Some words have to stay because they are a part of other words.

WoW, and other online games go to great lengths to block the immature and offensive remarks, but people will always find ways around it. I know not every possible combination can be blocked, because it would result in no in-game chat whatsoever.

PWI is played by adults, teenagers and seniors. Children 13 years of age and younger are not suppose to be playing the game without parental consent whatsoever (and being watched over by their parents/guardians while playing IMHO). It is an open game, and you should view its openness as a 3d chat instant message program in its communication abilities.

Responsible guardians/parent do not let their kids openly communicate to strangers in chat rooms and IM programs, or browse the internet unfiltered. Online games have to be treated in the same manner.

There are weirdos and hatemongers in the real world public, and large-scale public games have to deal with issues like these all the time.

The most efficient way for us to deal with people that do violate our TOS, is for you to take a screenshot and send it to us on our ticketing system to Customer Support in JPG format with what time the issues occurred, in what time zone, your user name, what was said, etc.

I understand your anger, and we are doing our best to keep PWI nice and fun to explore without idiots messing up the experience.

So I apologize for their stupidity.

(If you have ever played online games on the Xbox 360 on Xbox LIVE, imagine the same kind of verbal abuse but spoken through the headphones! Crazy people)
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Jebbediah - Lost City
    edited October 2008
    Thanks Darth.The information provided is very appreciated.

Thank you for your time and understanding.

Ps.to you people that feel it nessisary to bypass the filter.know this.

I am personally making it my resposibility to get the screenshots to the right places.

i knew this terabyte hard drive would come in handy one of these days :P
  • Ren - Lost City
    Ren - Lost City Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    All I heard was "weah weah weah". SOMEONE CALL A WEAHMBULACE QUICK GUYS
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Zoe is so full of it, that he must be Karmelia.
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    Hisui - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,369 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    All I heard was "weah weah weah". SOMEONE CALL A WEAHMBULACE QUICK GUYS

I'm pretty sure you made Jebbe sad with this. Oh wait, he's not twelve.

0/1.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Check out ForsakenX 's sig thread O_O
    Enrage - We Eat.
  • Lucid - Lost City
    Lucid - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    http://tylerdemeo.com/Images/flanders.jpg

Theres always Toontown online

b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cryucry
    cryucry Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    we need an example of the kind of messages you are witnessing in world chat.

please understand that way more adults play this game than little kids. anyone above the age of 16 can't be expected to go so out of the way to cater to a handful of young kids that shouldn't be playing this game to begin with. vulgar words will be said regardless of how they crack down. it's impossible to stop it all. are you expecting them to ban anyone who bypasses the filter? that's a quarter of the server gone.

as a parent, maybe you shouldn't be allowing your kid to access games with such a huge population of adults to begin with, for this and privacy/security reasons. they are quick learners, and this kind of action is precisely what is causing such a disrespectful culture among the young generation.
  • Meanmean - Heavens Tear
    Meanmean - Heavens Tear Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    http://tylerdemeo.com/Images/flanders.jpg

Theres always Toontown online

b:bye

I've been searching for the official website for years. God bless you b:thanks
  • Omiekins - Lost City
    Omiekins - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    With what cryu said, I agree with, except that'd be more like 80% of the server banned XD

You also have to understand that this is a PVP server, and as such, there will be many rude things said between people, and they will not think 'maybe this person is too young to hear this', they will only think 'that person ticks me off!' so they'll say such crude things.

Its not pleasant to hear people bicker at each other in rude language, but its something you also have to realize will be done, especially on a pvp server.

And again with what cryu said, adults and teens who play this game aren't playing it to cater to children. Nobody knows the other's age on here, and people who are prone ot be offensive will not think twice about a person's age, either.
    Omiekins // Archer
    Bombchu // Venomancer
    {{ Nostalgia }}
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nursie - Lost City
    Nursie - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    get over it

world is too pc mad already
  • Kami_poi - Lost City
    Kami_poi - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    all i can say is maybe someone should enter the idea of having a parental guard such as a password to unlock world chat and other chats that are being abused selectivly to allow their children to play.
  • Ren - Lost City
    Ren - Lost City Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    all i can say is maybe someone should enter the idea of having a parental guard such as a password to unlock world chat and other chats that are being abused selectivly to allow their children to play.

But then how would we be able to laugh at all the Deity's and BR's on world chat? :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Zoe is so full of it, that he must be Karmelia.
  • Rei - Lost City
    Rei - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I dont care about the talk in WC. I usually just switch completely to party or guild chat if it starts getting crazy.

If you're so concerned about a 13+ year old hearing such things, you should look at TV and movies nowadays. They're generally much much worse than the things ive ever heard in WC, and at least you dont get to watch murders and people having sex in WC cuz its text!

A parental lock on WC is fine, ive seen such things done before..but personally i find it a bit useless...
    Name: Rei
    Server: Lost City
    Race/Class: Winged-Elf/Cleric
  • Jebbediah - Lost City
    edited November 2008
    Thank you Gm's for listening and banning and cleaning up the world chat.

Im quite surprised after I posted this that 80% of the filth I was being forced to read has gone away and that couple I talked about has joined thank you very much.

After seeing that many people banned for usuing filthy language in the worldchat becuase I and my family took the time to take the screenshots and get them to the right place, leaves me with Great! hope for the future comunity of this game.

Yall really do deserve a raise!

Sincerly thank you!
  • Bombchu - Lost City
    Bombchu - Lost City Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    They didn't stop talking that way because of your post. You just probably don't notice them doing it =P I still see it frequently, but its not like I get butthurt over people being cheeky.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [Nostalgia]
    The Brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all.
  • frostbringer
    frostbringer Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    World chat really is way more "pure" now. But well there is still enough room for "bad" words in guild chats! lol

The younger the people, the worse the words usually. Makes you wonder who must be actually protected here. b:surrender
  • Varlianne - Lost City
    Varlianne - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Personally I think the easiest thing to do would be to put an option to turn off the language filter. I know, I know: "But Varl, that completely defeats the purpose!" Not really if ya think about it....for people who wanna curse and all that, they can turn off the filter, instead of bypassing it by entering some sort of symbols between letters or something like that (Thus letting EVERYONE see it) Younger players would have the filter on (If the parents are responsible) and wouldnt see the language. If your kid starts using foul language after that, either he didnt learn it from PW, or...no offense to you parents...you arent being responsible with your child.

Once again, no offense intended, just putting my idea out there.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    bobobob wrote: »
    hahahahahahahahahaha

NECRO!!!!

This is from 2008!!! b:surrender

Look at the post dates pls....b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Don't necro posts please, this is your warning
This discussion has been closed.