Worth of imbuing soulgem to equipment

Shenrobi - Heavens Tear
Shenrobi - Heavens Tear Posts: 25 Arc User
edited November 2008 in General Discussion
Hi all,

I recently purchased some nice armor and a nice bow. All with 2 sockets! Whoohoo.

Now I know that imbuing the right soulgem to the sockets costs alot of money. (lvl4 gem = 27*price of lvl1 gem). Now I need some information. I've never really used the sockets of equipment. I know how to do it, but never really had any need for it.

My questions:
1. Because of the high costs of filling sockets what would you say would be the right lvl to start doing this? (I dont wanna outlevel my equipment that fast. BTW im a lvl33 archer and have been leveling a bit slower than when i first started playing.

2. When does equipment glow? I know i need to put 2 or more of the same gems in the sockets. Correct me if i am wrong, but is the glow only available when adding a specific lvl gem??

3. Final and very important question. Is adding gems to my equipment really worth it? I mean how much of an increase in performance would i notice when for example adding 2 lvl 5 gems to my lvl 5 bow? (Numbers please!!)

Thnx and later
Post edited by Shenrobi - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Altihnkai - Sanctuary
    Altihnkai - Sanctuary Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    i been putting shards on ma armor all the time nd it cost way to much,. i'd say start around lv6/7 ... 7 be best i think.. u have -plenty time to save up for shards.. make them meanwhile.. if i look back on wot i did i think by the time i need beautyfull shards for lv7 armor/weapons i spend all money already on making avarage shards which i couldve used for my lv7 gear as most of my lv5/6 was 3 sockets .. ^^ rest all 2 sockets so surely wasnt cheap...

equitment starts to glow when u put the shard with the right lvl on it.. so common - lv5 gear, avarage - lv6 gear, beautyfull lv7 gear ... etc etc...

i been adding mdef shards nd i really noticed the diff.. the rest of the shards are HP for me nd im happy with the added hp for sure =]
  • deshin
    deshin Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    If you want to see the attack bonus you can make/buy some charms from the apoth that you make with decompose stuff. Just pick the total bonus your stones would add to.

It is not a huge bonus but you can tell.

The various defense ones are a littler harder to tell.

I sometimes use stones just to get them out of my inventory rather than wait for more to combine. But fi you are going to buy them I would wait until you have items you are going to keep for a while. All depends how fast you level and how much money you have. I assume the people I see with full stones on lvl 30 gear are buying coin/gold with real money to get them.
  • Shenrobi - Heavens Tear
    Shenrobi - Heavens Tear Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Hey guys,

Thanks for the quick replies. Now I know what to do. At the moment I'm using level 5 equipment and really don't have alot of coins (archer maintenance sucks). So i'll take you're advice and start saving up for the stones (or shards as you call them) for future higher lvl equipment.

But if anyone has some numbers they could post with a typical increase in performance (example. increase in p.atk for weapons) when adding the gems would really give me an idea of what to expect.
  • deshin
    deshin Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    All the bonus are displayed in the combine windows of the gem crafter.. For phy its 3 or 4 points of damage per gem level for the lower level but it get to 5 for lvl 10.