Buff timers

Options
Wrathx - Heavens Tear
Wrathx - Heavens Tear Posts: 187 Arc User
edited November 2008 in Suggestion Box
I was just wondering if it would be possible to add timers for when you have buffs to show how long your buffs are going to last. Even just to be able to hover your mouse over the buffs icon and it pop up saying XXmins or XXsecs. I looked around to see if maybe I missed a setting that did that but couldn't find anything. I just find it a little annoying when you get a buff from someone and you never know how long it lasts. Almost every other game I've played has timers like this. Thanks for reading.
Post edited by Wrathx - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Altihnkai - Sanctuary
    Altihnkai - Sanctuary Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    i been thinking of that aswell ^^ would be very usefull
  • Kusaku - Lost City
    Kusaku - Lost City Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    That would be so useful that way i could easily manage my partys buffs and focus on healing
    I thought maby i just hadnt spotte dtrhe timers but if you cant find them they need to at leaste make it more obvoius or actaully add it to the game ^^

Great idea thumbs up ^^
    So for my bad spelling ^^
    CUTE THINGS ><
    Dieing with style and skill since 1989

Frav Qoute :
    "Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."
  • Wrathx - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Thanks :) I'm not sure how many things from the suggestion forum actually get put in but hopefully they give some of these suggestions some thought.
  • bronza
    bronza Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Just pulling from my experience with other games, Buff timers in general are a win, even if it isn't necessarily numeric but some sort of graphical on like just a little green bar that slowly shrink and begins to disappear would infinatly be an improvement, but number would be the best.
  • Cordent - Sanctuary
    Cordent - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Something I had suggested before was having the icon start to flash when there's less than 30s left. (This could be in addition to getting the actual time on mouse-over). Then you don't have to keep checking it, you get a visual reminder just before it's about to expire.
  • Wotsmaleus - Heavens Tear
    Wotsmaleus - Heavens Tear Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Actually, I have a suggestion for the buff timers.

You know how there's a timer on most abilities for cool down? What if a similar technique was applied on the icons indicating the buff? In this case, the timer should turn dark as time progresses, rather than lighten like the cool-down does.
    "Everything is worth what the purchaser will pay for it." -Publius Syrius

"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman

"The Bible is a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish, no interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this." -Albert Einstein

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wrathx - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Even just the rotating clock like animation that appears over the icon would be cool.
  • Rowlin - Lost City
    Rowlin - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    I agree that there should be some sort of visual to indicate when a buff is about to discontinue. To add to it how about any condition. Many creatures have DOT's and it would be nice to have some idea of when those are going to wear off as well. I don't particularly care if it is an exact number (though it would be nice) but any type of visual would be helpful. So far I like everyone's ideas on what to use. Even a warning in the chat window would be good like the one you get for a invalid skill or item/skill still in cooldown.
  • Psynopsis - Heavens Tear
    Psynopsis - Heavens Tear Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Heck, I like the visual countdown clock, but when it gets to the last, oh, say 5% of the time left, display the timer instead of the graphical rep, otherwise it gets a little hard to read. Also kinda applies to the squad bar.
  • Camryah - Heavens Tear
    Camryah - Heavens Tear Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    My god, how many times, I have thought about this. I WOULD LOVE BUFF TIMERS.