Elder - Quest

southern
southern Posts: 2 Arc User
edited November 2008 in Dungeons & Tactics
I have failed 4 times doing the elder mission to reach the box at the top of the gate. I can't seem to get on the bridge. In local chat i have asked for help, I was hoping someone might cary me up there or something but I get no responce...can someoen tell me the secret?
Post edited by southern on

Comments

• Myish - Sanctuary
    Myish - Sanctuary Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    If this is the one in the City of the Lost (Venomancer/barbarian town) Here is a quick walkthrough

After you pick up thw quest go towards the gate

To your right, there will be a broken pillar. Jump on it.

Now agaisnt the wall to your right, there are torch stands (they are flat and you can stand on them). Jump on one.

Jump up till you get to the next floor.

Walk towards the huge Shields on the wall (further up. Look around if you don't see them, they are fairly obvious.

Jump on the top of a shield. You can stand on it.

Continue jumping until you reach the top of the wall.

Get the chest and jump down (no fall damage so don't worry)

Run and cash in quest and get your health/energy charm.

if you need clarification, just post here I will respond if I see it.
    b:cold*
    b:faint (Sub Zero!)
  • Bobncut - Sanctuary
    Bobncut - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    In the Barb/Veno version of this quest you can also just run around the outside of the city. There is just enough time to run out the opposite gate from the one with the chest (south gate?) and up onto either of the hills flanking City of the Lost . Run along the road until you are even with the gate/chest. One good jump and you are on top of the gate. While this is easier than jumping pillar to narrow light sconce, the time is tight. If anyone is already farming the chest when you get there, you likely will not make it.

If this is the quest in the Human city, you need to watch other people to identify the only two jump points from which it is possible to get onto the gate. They are the "spires" on the roof just outside the gate. There are lots of ways to get on that roof. My favorite is to jump up the hill on the right side as you go out of the city, keep jumping up until you can cross over the gate , then just jump onto the outer roof. From either of these spires, you can just barely get onto the bridge with a double jump timed just right (delay hitting that second SPACE key so your path through the air makes an M shape).
  • southern
    southern Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Actually in Etherblade - blade master city