Just wondering o.o...

Options
infrosity
infrosity Posts: 9 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
Is it possible for a group of level 20's like max party members to do FB19? Its just a thought, if they give you a quest at that level we should be able to do it at our level range right? :S
Post edited by infrosity on

Comments

• Ermosa - Heavens Tear
    Ermosa - Heavens Tear Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    could try with venomacers with golems, veno can heal golem while it att boss, when it die, boss will att next golem and that veno will have time revive pet, heal it and send it back to boss before others golems r dead, but that probably will take way to much time. its easier to ask higher lvl person to help
  • Bombchu - Lost City
    Bombchu - Lost City Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    I think you would have a very difficult time unless it was planned SUPER well. If you're having trouble getting it done, high levels frequently like to help, because they get good exp and rep from it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [Nostalgia]
    The Brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all.
  • Asuni - Lost City
    Asuni - Lost City Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    :S It was just a thought thats all XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Aww quality didn't turn out as well ;(, oh well.
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    infrosity wrote: »
    Is it possible for a group of level 20's like max party members to do FB19? Its just a thought, if they give you a quest at that level we should be able to do it at our level range right? :S

It is highly possible. In closed beta, my first fb19 experience was with all level 20s and some 19s. We had 1 veno, 1 wizard, 1 archer, and 1 blademaster. >_>

The boss was the hardest. But we wound up beating it by our archer kiting it, lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wakantanka - Lost City
    Wakantanka - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    just did untamed, 21 tank, 22 wiz, 22 cleric, 23 blade.

night before, -1 lvl each for elven fb

3 nights before, same process -1 more lvl, human fb.

completely possible : )
  • Coviana - Sanctuary
    Coviana - Sanctuary Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    In my experience, you can do them at the assigned level if you have a balanced party, good teamwork, careful strategic planning, and proper tactical execution. Since most players don't seem to have ALL of the above available at the same time, they tend to prefer the quick and dirty method of getting high-levels to simply overpower things.

If you don't have a guild or group of friends to party up with, containing the right mix of classes/builds, and you (or any member of the PUG you find) is in too much of a hurry to develop a plan and learn to communicate with each other effectively (every group i've met has slightly different terminology for things), just wanting to 'get through and do it', you'll need higher levels.

If you have a group of friends who are familiar with each other's play style, have experience working together, speak the same language (literally, but also in terms of abbreviating and jargon - e.g., if the healer pulls aggro from an add, she doesn't have time to type out 'help! <name of mob> is after me!'; she needs to be able to type something quick that everyone will understand and know how to respond to), and are willing to stop and formulate a plan of attack before going in, you can do it at a lower level.

In my opinion, the satisfaction of completing a run at the appropriate level is FAR greater than just letting a bunch of high-levels overpower everything with brute force... And drop rates ARE affected by level difference; i'm not sure whether it's average squad level, or highest level in squad, or level of member that dealt the most damage, but i do know that a monster with a white name has a far higher drop rate than one with a green name. If you're looking for molds, the drop rate is already insanely low; there's no need to reduce it further by having your squad's level too high.
  • Xtrememirage - Heavens Tear
    Xtrememirage - Heavens Tear Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    they dun always give quests at the lv u can do em, like bosses, many u can't do until later. So u can always try, but it'll prolly be frustrating and not worth it.
    The name's Xtreme! b:victory
    Not Extreme! b:angry
    Get it right! b:thanks
  • Teseanna - Heavens Tear
    Teseanna - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,021 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Artemis does it :)
  • swgs
    swgs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    it is doable, but you will need a cleric (2 if you can find), a barb, a veno and 3 DDs. a level 20 gelom can not tank the boss, he can not even tank the elite wolf. so let veno lure and barb tank. it is going to take you maybe 2 or 3 hours, but do it if you can.
  • Frickkina - Heavens Tear
    Frickkina - Heavens Tear Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    this is the way these fb's r sposed 2 be done - how do u think the 1st lvl19 on a server did it? there wernt no high lvls to solo it then...........
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    For every action, there is an equal and opposite amount of QQing
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    Daerys - Sanctuary Posts: 1,022 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    this is the way these fb's r sposed 2 be done - how do u think the 1st lvl19 on a server did it? there wernt no high lvls to solo it then...........

Sure there were. Just because you get the quest at 19 doesn't mean you have to stop and do it. In all honesty, it was probably a waste of time for the really hardcore levelers. I don't doubt that most blew right past it without a second thought and just came back later when it takes 5 minutes to solo.

My advice: FB19 is nowhere near exciting enough to even worry about. Enjoy your runthru and free weapon and just keep on leveling. You'll be the one doing the runs before long, and you'll eventually reach a point where even with a "high level" in the squad you still have to run FB's like a real instance.
  • jemima
    jemima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    It's quite doable with a group of level 20'ish players. All fb's are doable with a group of players around the fb level, it's just that it requires a competent balanced party. A group of 6 clueless blademaster will get owned.
  • Celrau - Dreamweaver
    Celrau - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Its is quite easily possibly as long as you are in a squad with good players. I did my Fb19 in a squad with same lvl players and it went really well with no casualtysb:pleased