Blademaster hardest to use..?

chipsing1234
chipsing1234 Posts: 205 Arc User
edited November 2008 in Dungeons & Tactics
I don't know if it's just me, or I allocated my stats wrongly, but blademaster seems to have a harder time fighting that other classes (I will admit I don't know much about barbarians though). Here are a few reasons:
Venomancer: Well it's obvious, all she has to do is summon a pet, and heal it while he takes the damage. And usually the pet is strong enough so PvE it doesn't take that much damage. Also, the veno can help out the battle. So she only has to worry really about mana. It's like a tank and cleric in one.
Wizard: Hard hitting - ever heard the best defense is a good offense? They kill fast, therefore gain exp fast, and only have to worry about mana pots since most of the time they kill the animal before it's gotten to them, in like 4 shots?
Archer: Kills even faster than wizards sometimes, and can usually take off over half the monster's HP before it gets close enough. Not to mention combined with their ability to send the monster away it gives them more maneuverability.
Cleric: Yes, it's weak, but yesterday I compared myself with a cleric of the same level and he only had 250 hp less than I did. But he has a ton of buffs (faster hp recovery, reflect, up phys defense) while I have...aura of the golden bell and alter bone marrow. The latter of which only lasts 30 seconds. Not to mention clerics can heal!
Barbarians: from what I've heard, they're hard to kill. Meaning they don't really have to worry about hp much.
Blademaster: Ooh boy. We are like the middle of all classes, which is not a good combination. Our points go primarily to strength and dex, but our techniques are based on mana. And with only 700 or so mana at lvl 24, and each technique costing around 30-40, I run out pretty quickly. This, coupled with the fact that monsters do around 80 damage to me each hit, means my hp gets cut down to 1/3 each battle. If I want to kill an animal quickly, I have to use techniques. So it's either use up my mana or lose more hp. So we have to up ALL of our stats: strength, dex, magic (for more mp and faster mp recovery), AND vitality. Is it just me or is blademaster difficult to use?
Post edited by chipsing1234 on

Comments

• Hisuna - Sanctuary
    Hisuna - Sanctuary Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    The blademaster class is meant to be a physical damage dealer. a very very high physical damage dealer. Much higher defense than an archer, much higher damage than a barbarian. a blademaster CAN be built as a tank, but most people don't usually go this route as the barbarian will always make a better tank. The blademaster is a high strength high damage output class, used for driving down an enemies hp with high speed attacks and a constant string of damaging attack skills.

I do not believe the blademaster to be harder to play than any other class, except maybe venomancers, which are wonderful soloists, even if it takes them longer to kill sometimes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The family is a haven in a heartless world.
    Once a Guardian, Always a Guardian. Element: Fire.
  • Xangelx - Lost City
    Xangelx - Lost City Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I don't think so. Well, it really depends on what you mean by the hardeest class to use. If you are talking about the learning curve of using a BM, then I wouldn't think so. It's pretty basic, just attack spam more skills attack simple compared to what other classes have to learn to do. For example, archers and kiting, venoes and knowing what to do (send pet and use spells--that's the way of the veno). If you are talking about costs, which is what I think you are trying to say, then yes the BM does have some hp or mp costs if you don't take the monster out soon. It's the same for other classes as well, so it's not just the BM. Please don't complain about the mana issue. For damage dealers, it's just going to have to cost you mana (venos are exempt lol). I'm an archer and most of my skills cost me around 70 mp to use. I have about 900 mp. More or less the same as you. The way I get around that is I get one of my friends or guild members to buff me up. So, I get (from clerics) the hp and mp higher recovery rates and anyone else if they are nearby and willing to buff me. This helps quite a lot. In addition to that, I think, not very sure, but there may be shards that increase hp or mp recovery rate. As for me, I got a lucky drop from one of the mobs I was fighting, and it gave me an armor with +3 hp recovery rate. Yaya.

Other than that, to answer your question of is a BM hard to use, I wouldn't think so. If you like, you can try out the other classes one by one to see if they fit your "style" better.
  • *chitose* - Heavens Tear
    *chitose* - Heavens Tear Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I don't know if it's just me, or I allocated my stats wrongly, but blademaster seems to have a harder time fighting that other classes (I will admit I don't know much about barbarians though). Here are a few reasons:
    Venomancer: Well it's obvious, all she has to do is summon a pet, and heal it while he takes the damage. And usually the pet is strong enough so PvE it doesn't take that much damage. Also, the veno can help out the battle. So she only has to worry really about mana. It's like a tank and cleric in one.
    Wizard: Hard hitting - ever heard the best defense is a good offense? They kill fast, therefore gain exp fast, and only have to worry about mana pots since most of the time they kill the animal before it's gotten to them, in like 4 shots?
    Archer: Kills even faster than wizards sometimes, and can usually take off over half the monster's HP before it gets close enough. Not to mention combined with their ability to send the monster away it gives them more maneuverability.
    Cleric: Yes, it's weak, but yesterday I compared myself with a cleric of the same level and he only had 250 hp less than I did. But he has a ton of buffs (faster hp recovery, reflect, up phys defense) while I have...aura of the golden bell and alter bone marrow. The latter of which only lasts 30 seconds. Not to mention clerics can heal!
    Barbarians: from what I've heard, they're hard to kill. Meaning they don't really have to worry about hp much.
    Blademaster: Ooh boy. We are like the middle of all classes, which is not a good combination. Our points go primarily to strength and dex, but our techniques are based on mana. And with only 700 or so mana at lvl 24, and each technique costing around 30-40, I run out pretty quickly. This, coupled with the fact that monsters do around 80 damage to me each hit, means my hp gets cut down to 1/3 each battle. If I want to kill an animal quickly, I have to use techniques. So it's either use up my mana or lose more hp. So we have to up ALL of our stats: strength, dex, magic (for more mp and faster mp recovery), AND vitality. Is it just me or is blademaster difficult to use?

Well, I have to disagree. The very first class that I used is WR (or BM, here) and I don't find it difficult. In fact, it is the easiest one I've ever used. You can just go somewhere else while your BM used normal attack and boom! the mob's dead. >< When I have no MP, I leave it at zero and just use normal attack while waiting for it to charge and there's no problem with that. Perhaps yea, I'll lose some HP but it's not a big deal, not that big of a damage anyway... I can do that kind of playing with mobs with white names. For mobs with red names, it's safer to have more MP, although you can still do it traditionally.

Perhaps you only need to be careful with the stats. Good STR and VIT, some to DEX - for equipment and in case you hate to miss (use fist if you want good dex). if you have excess Points (hahaha) try upgrading your INT once in a while... I don't recomend though. I only did it if my MP's reaaaaaaally too low, which is not happen so often *shrug*.

btw, you'll have HP recovery skill later in the game. Helps greatly. You can go and kill mobs for hours without the need to meditate or even using pots.b:victory
  • chipsing1234
    chipsing1234 Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    From the replies, in the end I'll have to assume I allocated my stats abnormally, putting more in magic to increase my mp and mp recovery rate than most. I met a blademaster who was 3 levels below me but had more str than I did today, so maybe that's why...
  • infrosity
    infrosity Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Well in my opinion so far, at since I'm only level 31, it seems like they aren't very hard to use. Yes our con is we are average in everything and all, but it depends also of how you use those skills at times, if you just keep spamming it and spamming it, of course your going lose a lot of mana. You just have to put your thoughts a bit into it about using what you have. I had a fight with my friend barbarian (He messed up a bit putting a bit more dex, and we are level 31's) The thing he said is, he needs to use skill to kill me, while on the second round I used only 1 skill and just smacked him with physical attacks all the way, and he ended up losing. Maybe this changes in higher levels, but I'm pretty sure we are fast DPSers. o.o
  • Cataclysm - Lost City
    Cataclysm - Lost City Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Blademasters are 1 of the easiest classes to use, you just have to know what your doing when you play as 1. As for your other comment.
    ICleric: Yes, it's weak, but yesterday I compared myself with a cleric of the same level and he only had 250 hp less than I did. But he has a ton of buffs (faster hp recovery, reflect, up phys defense) while I have...aura of the golden bell and alter bone marrow. The latter of which only lasts 30 seconds. Not to mention clerics can heal!?

Clerics are not weak if they are built correctly. Im a lvl 48 vit/magic hybrid cleric with over 1600 phys def when buffed, and over 1900 hp. I've matched an equal lvl blade master, and slightly higher lvl archer in duels, without kiting against the blade master. In PvE, as a cleric I can kill anything but bosses and elite mobs by myself, and not even a barb can kill the mid-high lvl bosses without the help of a cleric.
  • firesign
    firesign Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    im my experiance, the melee classes are harder to play than the other classes, or atlesast at the beginning. Archers and mages have ranged attacks, so HP isnt a problem for them if they know how to use thier attacks effectively.
  • Val_loveoo - Heavens Tear
    Val_loveoo - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Agreed. Melee class are hard to play like range class. Wheneve a melee class attack as range mob/player, he/she/it will usually move back, and thus you cant hit him, and have to move again. Got once I attack a range mob (can't remember its name), and it keep on moving back... I cant believe that after killing it, I waste more than 3mins on this mob... And I was in another area....

Guess that's the bad point on melee attacker. But the close range attack is great... =) (I mean for BM)..