What is the best weapon for PVE Blademaster?

aussie88
aussie88 Posts: 3 Arc User
edited November 2008 in Blademaster
I am starting a pure PVE Blademaster. Is there a weapon that is better than the rest in PVE? Do I need more speed or more damage?
Post edited by aussie88 on

Comments

• Monarch - Lost City
    Monarch - Lost City Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    The only way to answer that is to play man. Its YOUR character, play around in the first few levels and see what you like.
    It takes a big man to cry, but a bigger man to laugh at him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Guild: Outlaw
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    Lyndura - Lost City Posts: 829 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    The best weapon for PvE is Axe/Hammer.
  • Kagrian - Heavens Tear
    Kagrian - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    spear and fist!
  • complexx
    complexx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Ok, Best for PvE would be Axes / Hammer.

Untill level 75 I used swords. honestly swords IMO is bad for pve (And pvp) Untill end game.

Here is a few reasons why axes are so good.

A) Almost ALL of your axe skills are aoe damage (Area of effect)
    B) Duel axes and duel blades have same attack rate and axes have alot more attack.
    C) More options with your build, IE Little dex is required so you can pump your vit or str more.

Now with all those aoe axe skills you can do some cool things other weapon blade masters cant,
    When I go level I go with another cleric to a high lvl mob area that do physical damage and aoe them all to death while a cleric heals me. Good drops good exp no hiero burn.

As I said I used swords till 75 then restated for axes, Loved it ever since.

Further more axes have disadvantages as well. Due to low dex needed you miss alot more.
    makes pvping archers harder. Personally Instead of pumping my hp to what most axe users do (Vit build) I pumped dex ( already had alot of dex when I restated so I left most of it)

PvE / PvP is no problem, And its funny when archers miss you on skills to a axe user.b:thanks
    b:cute

Sinnerz Lost City PvP.
  • infrosity
    infrosity Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    complexx wrote: »
    Ok, Best for PvE would be Axes / Hammer.

Untill level 75 I used swords. honestly swords IMO is bad for pve (And pvp) Untill end game.

Here is a few reasons why axes are so good.

A) Almost ALL of your axe skills are aoe damage (Area of effect)
    B) Duel axes and duel blades have same attack rate and axes have alot more attack.
    C) More options with your build, IE Little dex is required so you can pump your vit or str more.

Now with all those aoe axe skills you can do some cool things other weapon blade masters cant,
    When I go level I go with another cleric to a high lvl mob area that do physical damage and aoe them all to death while a cleric heals me. Good drops good exp no hiero burn.

As I said I used swords till 75 then restated for axes, Loved it ever since.

Further more axes have disadvantages as well. Due to low dex needed you miss alot more.
    makes pvping archers harder. Personally Instead of pumping my hp to what most axe users do (Vit build) I pumped dex ( already had alot of dex when I restated so I left most of it)

PvE / PvP is no problem, And its funny when archers miss you on skills to a axe user.b:thanks

Umm how do you restart over? :D, I've was wanting to become a sword user until you said this, an I've already putted some points on my skills as an sword.
  • Bobncut - Sanctuary
    Bobncut - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    infrosity wrote: »
    Umm how do you restart over? :D, I've was wanting to become a sword user until you said this, an I've already putted some points on my skills as an sword.

If it is just a few points out of kilter, just make a plan to get points in line over the next few levels. Being slightly off of the optimum won't make a big difference for a short span of levels until you correct. If it is way off (like the previous poster who probably had about 40 levels of DEX investment to correct for), you will need to buy the reset item from the cash shop.

BUT, let me add two cents before you give up on blades. Like so much about your character path choice, this depends completely on your play style. The previous poster likes to work with a cleric and do AOE. That is a play style that lets you not worry about a low hit rate and not be sneaky about getting mobs separated from the herd. But, it needs a cleric to work well. I like working with clerics as much as anybody, but they are a wee bit scarce and I'm too haphazard in my play schedule to count on finding one around frequently. I also happen to prefer the occassional challenge of needing to pull a mob away from a herd (and the risk that I might be in trouble if I get swarmed). What I get in exchange is a higher damage over the same time on that mob if I get him 1v1 - because I am hitting almost every time and I am doing more crit hits.

Think about how you want to play and what bugs you. Then, pick the weapon style that fits best with what you want to do. Do you like picking off one mob at a time and doing a lot of damage? Pick swords. Do you like standing unconcerned in a herd and slowly cutting them all apart? Pick axe/hammer. Do you like to work for a good angle and unleash a lot of damage to everybody you managed to line up? Pick spear. This is where the flexibility in this class is supposed to help you.
  • infrosity
    infrosity Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Well thanks for the explanmation, i think i might stick with swords, i just realized i am going to choose what i want.
    Thank you for making that clear to me ^_^