Do you think there should be more beasts Barbs can change into?

Duskhowler - Lost City
Duskhowler - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
edited January 2009 in Barbarian
Barbarians are pretty unpopular in perfect world...do u guys think that if barbs can change into more beastial hunters there will be more people cre8ting them>? The answer is really obvious but could u guys share ur imaginations?...by meb:thanks
Post edited by Duskhowler - Lost City on

Comments

• Nittyd - Heavens Tear
    Nittyd - Heavens Tear Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    i think ur wrong in saying barbs are unpopular
    but yea ur right there should be more beasts that they can change into
    i would love to change into a huge panda :p
    Dude what does ******************************** mean?
  • Zerkarda - Heavens Tear
    Zerkarda - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I like wolves a lot more than tigers. I think your beast form should reflect what beast character you ahve chose. Like what Nittyd said I would want to turn in to a massive powerful wolf instead of a tiger. Customization also sucks for werebeasts, you can't even choose your fur color. I would like to be able to choose my fur color along with being able to have strips or have different spots of colors on my paws, ears, or whatever.

It'll also be nice if we could choose to have a tail or not. It would also be nice if we could have face options, I know there is really not much you can do to a animal face but I can think of two things; one would be a 'soft' look, make it look like your werebeast is actually nice and cuddling. The other should be a 'hunter' face, that likes like your werebeast is showing his teeth and looks like he wants to eat you.

And don't judge me for this... but I want to be a female werebeast! :D Some guys role female characters because they want something sexy to look at but... I would like something cute to look at. If these options were available I would role a white wolf female werebeast with black paws and ears, and with a 'soft' face. complete with a long white tail with a black spot at the very end! :)
  • daibar
    daibar Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I think a big part of their unpopularity is the fact that you can't customize them much at all. The only choice that seemed to make any difference was body size and eye color, and even then you can't see much difference.
  • moosey22
    moosey22 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    i don't like the way that all barbs have to transform into tigers, should be wolfs for wolfs, pandas for pandas ect..

but yeah u should be able to customize them more
  • Duskhowler - Lost City
    edited November 2008
    Woah!...u guys have a whole lot of imagination!..b:chuckle lol maybe the cre8tors of the game will actually be bothered to go through all the trouble to do exactly that for usddd b:laugh our dream......juz a dream.........b:sad
  • Duskhowler - Lost City
    edited November 2008
    I believe perfectworld's barbs can be more extraordinary if there are more beast forms to choose from with different advantages-disadvantages,pros-cons hope u read it!This is perhaps how barbs can be improved well at least its what we would REALLY like........
  • carlito
    carlito Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Hey wasup everyone.
    Wow you guys are on the money. I made a new thread talking about beast forms and I totally agree with you about the customizations of the beasts. Has anyone ever emailed/ticketed a GM about this topic. Hmmmm if we PUSH the issue enough we may see a change.
  • Leolf - Heavens Tear
    Leolf - Heavens Tear Posts: 380 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Yes, absolutely! I'd also like to see more presets. Everybody here is having great ideas, and I agree with them all. Maybe they'll give Barbs some better customization in the expansion b:victory
  • Hazardus - Heavens Tear
    Hazardus - Heavens Tear Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Most Definitely!
    All barbs should transform into their "true" form.

Would love to see pandas, wolves, lions etc.

Also, now I guess I'm getting ahed of myself but perhaps the individual classes of barbs should also have different attributes.
    For e.g.:

Lions: Average Attack, Average HP, Average speed, Average Accuracy
    Tigers: Strong Attack, High HP, Low speed, Low accuracy
    Wolves: Weak Attack, Low HP, Fastest speed, Highest Accuracy
    Bears: Strongest Attack, Highest HP, Lowest speed, Lowest Accuracy

I know, never gonna happen, but what the heck, just imagining. b:laugh
    b:victory
    When the going gets tough; Get a tank!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nocturne mature HT guild - we invite people, not levels.
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • lonehusky
    lonehusky Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Yes, I want tails on the humanoid forms and be able to change into the animal/beast of the humanoid race, Lion, Wolf, Panda, Tiger.
    At least the barbarians here look better than on Oblivion :D
  • moymoy
    moymoy Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    nope tigers should be strong atack+ High acuracy or strong atack+ with speed... with a low hp
  • Hazardus - Heavens Tear
    Hazardus - Heavens Tear Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    moymoy wrote: »
    nope tigers should be strong atack+ High acuracy or strong atack+ with speed... with a low hp

Ummm, tigers are bigger and stronger than lions, in RL anyway! b:laugh
    When the going gets tough; Get a tank!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nocturne mature HT guild - we invite people, not levels.
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Cardulos - Lost City
    Cardulos - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I would like something cute to look at. If these options were available I would role a white wolf female werebeast with black paws and ears, and with a 'soft' face. complete with a long white tail with a black spot at the very end! :)

That's quite detailed of you...Im assuming you already have a character made up? But yea I getcha. It would be fantastic if more options were available to the untamed since there are so many different hunters in the world. Personally, I wouldn't mind adding horns to the male characters or manipulating the horns of the females...I say we petition to the GMs!
  • raugaj
    raugaj Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    If anyone is still wanting to make a case for the GM's I made a thread with a poll asking the GM's to think about it. The thread title is Petition for barb. Animal Change.
  • Tawarwaith - Sanctuary
    Tawarwaith - Sanctuary Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I agree that we should be able to costumise our barbs way more, and have the corresponding animal to change in. Its really weird to see a wolf humanoide change into a white tiger ... In fact we should be able to personalize both, humanoide and animal. Espessially for the fur and the tail in humanoide form (I like Zerkarda's idea). And we shouldn't forget the activation of beast kings inspiration (a wolf that lets out a roar is just weird !).
    I just reacted on raugaj's poll, but i wanted to reply here to react on Hazardus' idea.

Even though it will never happen, I think it's a great idea ! I guess it just needs to be worked on (no offense Hazardusb :victory) ; I can't agree with you on low hp. But why not a bonus depending on the animal, for instance a speed bonus for wolves, hp for panda's, strenght for lions and accuracy for tigers (I know it's a bit the same, but "barb" and "low hp" are just antinomies). They can just take it that out of mp to keep balance with other classes, cause no barb will miss that.

An other idea : custumise the skills a little for each barb type. I can't imagen a panda preform a flesh realm, however a stun ability would seem more in place.
  • Tiger_Maul - Sanctuary
    Tiger_Maul - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    i agree with all of you, it would be nice to see more creation on the characters. if you look at lion barbarian npc's they have diffrent mane styles and colors. it would also to be cool to be a wolf, and have youre animal form be a wolf. i do agree with all people. if the gm's do make a new patch for this, if there are barbarians that have the animal form , could go to the trainer and buy there 'true' animal form for free.
  • Rosalt - Sanctuary
    Rosalt - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    The Barb class is the most dissappointing customization-wise. I'd definitely want different beast forms for them all. There's only 4 types, it shouldn't be hard to program in. Dunno how the tigers would work though, since the humanoid versions aren't matching white tigers.

This also goes for the females too. They should have true wolf/bat/tiger(or is it a cat?), deer(or is that a coral or something for a water beast?), etc. Also, their fur colors should also be customizable.
  • Zyndar - Lost City
    Zyndar - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    wolf form b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]