Pets

Options
mocca
mocca Posts: 2 Arc User
edited December 2010 in Venomancer
Does anyone know of a Pet data base i can see all the pets n what level they are, stats, rare uncommon, were to get them etc.... it would help.

website has to be english xD

Thank you
b:bye
Post edited by mocca on

Comments

• Just_cool - Lost City
    Just_cool - Lost City Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    IGN: JusT_CooL
    Server: Lost City
    Guild: ex-Conqueror

Follow the example of good GMing :D
    [SIGPIC]http://photos1.hi5.com/0044/475/618/k97TDv475618-02.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Aenil - Heavens Tear
    Aenil - Heavens Tear Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    As Just Cool said, those 3 sites are pretty decent for stats (especially since the first one is mine. ^.~). We're getting close and closer all the time with the iPerfectWorld wiki and inputting all the pet information there is. =) Be sure to check back frequently as the information there grows every day.
  • mocca
    mocca Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Thank you for the site ^^ very helpful
  • Myish - Sanctuary
    Myish - Sanctuary Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Could I get a ranking order of best pets (eg. top 5 best non-rare land/air/water pets for tanking/dps)?

Land dps:

1) Starter wolfling/scorpion
    2)...
    3)...
    4)...
    5)...

Land tank:

1) Crystalline Magmite
    2)...
    3)...
    4)...
    5)...

Air dps:

1) Petite Sawfly
    2) ...
    3)...
    4)...
    5)...

Air tank:

1)...
    2)...
    3)...
    4)...
    5)...

Water dps:

1)...
    2)...
    3)...
    4)...
    5)...

Water tank:

1)...
    2)...
    3)...
    4)...
    5)...
    b:cold*
    b:faint (Sub Zero!)
  • xlovex
    xlovex Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    for water...water is...well...

noone cares about water ones XD

if you have a quest you need to do underwater, just catch the highest level water monster you can, and it will do fine tanking, without any leveling.

all the "turtle" types have ginormous pdef, but dps is basically nonexistant.

for air tank, i like the foxwings...but only because they have a bit better hp than the sawflies, a bit faster (i think), and aren't as ugly.

for land dps, the magmites are actually fairly good at that too, with atk slightly under the wolves and a bit less aspd. in the end though, most of your damage comes from skills (bleeding or bash) which have a set cast time.

eldergoth marksmen i've heard are good dps against ranged enemies too, as there will be no kiting involved.
  • kkgirl
    kkgirl Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    how do u feed the battle pets?!
  • Aenil - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    Options
    You feed the pets with food found off mobs or purchased from the Pet Skill Trainer under her Trade List option. Generally you just use water to keep them full. She has Peanut Oil and Sesame Oil to raise loyalty quickly, but they're more costly than just using 5 or 10 waters.
  • Aenil - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Well... You don't really need a 'top 5'. Stats will clearly show which is the best in any area. This however doesn't mean which is best for coin purposes of adding skills.

Land dps:

1) Pollen Scorpion / Scorpion Pup / Varicose Scorpion has the highest atk value of any pet. Its .6 atk/sec gives it 3 atks / 5 sec and at lvl 90 that's a 10008 compared to a 9780 from the Crystalline Magmite. Not a huge difference, but still the best atk/s rating you'll get in a pet.

Land tank:
    1) Crystalline Magmite reigns supreme against any Physical mobs with its 2934 HP and 8792 Physical Defense values. Its big weakness is its 5861 Magical Defense.
    ((It should also be noted that the Volcanic Magmite follows closely behind the Crystalline in stats with max differences of 10 in any stat. It also has the tough skill and a level lower on Bash than the Crystalline, making it a 100k cheaper choice if you end up keeping both skills.))
    2) The Frogling is my pick for a secondary land tank. It is a Magical Defense tank for all intents and purposes. The reason I choose it over an Antellope Pup is due to its slightly larger HP and Physical Defense values. The Frogling has 2732 HP (285 more than the Antelope Pup), 7097 Physical Defense (745 more than the Antelope Pup), and 8280 Magical Defense (382 less than the Antelope Pup).

Air dps:

1) The Petite Sawfly holds this position pretty firmly with its 9891 value for 3 atks / 5 sec at level 90. Other flies come close, but don't quite hit the damage that the Sawfly can due to it's 17+ level advantage and it being in the highest growth rate class for the 3 fly classes. I believe the closest a Foxwing can get is about 8000-8500 for the same amount of time.

Air tank:

1) No mob 'really' stands out for an air tank to be honest. The closest you can get is the Foxwings for magic which have a slightly higher rating than the flies. They still lose to a fly on physical tanking though. (And sound incredibly annoying too in my opinion....)

Water:

1) For any water pet in general you can go one of three ways. And one of those is the lvl 80 rare pet Celestial Plumpfish. 12hr spawn like all other rare pets in a river SE of Arch. I can't imagine this one would be too hard to get at 80+. As for the other two routes, you can get a level 26 Righteous Undine or a level 5 Abysmal/Riptide/Shallowhirl Turtle/Tortoise. It's really your choice, the water pets aren't used enough for them to merit a permanent position in most Veno's bags though.
  • Kittychan - Heavens Tear
    Kittychan - Heavens Tear Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    The best air tank is a flying piggy (rare pet, lvl 30), but it has rather low attack compared to the sawfly.
  • Aenil - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    Options
    She said non-rare pets. That's why I left that off the list. :P And yes, of course the piggy is the best air tank with its significantly higher P Def than the flies and foxes (over 2000 more P Def and 1600 more M Def than the Petite Sawfly). Its atk sits at 7204 for 5 seconds compared to the 9891 of the Petite Sawfly. Its accuracy and evasion are well under that of the Sawfly as well. It does however start out with 4 skills though including Bash lvl 1, Howl lvl 1, Tough lvl 2, and Boost lvl 1. So even if you have to buy it, you definitely get what you pay for if you want a good air tank.
  • xlovex
    xlovex Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    the piggy is much cooler though =P

and really? i think the foxwings are a lot better sounding than those horrible sawflies.

hum, has anyone used an overclocked mecha crab enough to compare it to the golem?

i know its a ton faster, which is why I'm going to try it out, but is the lowered atk/phys def worth it?

i'll probably just get a frog later...
  • Aenil - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    Options
    I'd just stick to the other standard pets for your main ones. And imo... I wouldn't pick a pet for its speed unless it's just used for luring. But... That's why you have a Kowlin at 60 and an Eldergoth Marksman before that if you need to lure a ton.
  • Kittychan - Heavens Tear
    Kittychan - Heavens Tear Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Ah, didn't see the non-rare pet part. I was looking for a substitute for the Kowlin's speed, and I found that the lvl 61 petali hexkiss worked pretty nicely as well, with a speed of 9 m/s. However I'm not sure how its other stats compares to the Kowlin.
  • Mr_SilverWan - Raging Tide
    Mr_SilverWan - Raging Tide Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I prefer to have MT, WD, FR and WT types, the ER comes last not much to fight...

too many WD, MT, and WT types to fight in quests...

as for water pets, I like the wicked teeth, from raging tide, lvl 13, takes just 1 damage, makes good tank, although has lousy attk... when I was lvl 14 it took on a lvl 21 tortoise still practicing to get pets

but it seems these are the ones to keep up to lvl 51

Dessert Waspkin over petite fly better tanking capabilities...
    Foxwing type

Glacial Walker - Volcanic Walker to keep WT and FR combined
    Magmite is good
    Darkbread wolfkin

Wicked Teeth will tank always those lvl +70 monsters in NE endless sea for sure
    Seamonster is just regular but good to keep in stash for those underwater missions

BABY HERC IS A MUST b:shutup
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Necro! This thread's 2 years old.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Neon_Tiger - Heavens Tear
    Neon_Tiger - Heavens Tear Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=958272 For rare's and coordinates that ive found.(other sites listed on my page)

http://www.ecatomb.net/petstat.php This site should show you everything you need to know for ALL creatures.
  • Aniella - Harshlands
    Aniella - Harshlands Posts: 729 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    sawfly is good at higer lvl thob:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

QQ If i did Crazy stone at 3x AND not 6x, i had been lvl 105 now!
    Didnt know about Bh/CrazyStone before lvl 6x LOL
  • Vedovis - Lost City
    Vedovis - Lost City Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    *whistles* Whats with all the 2yr necros I'm seeing lately? b:shocked
    I personally used a magmite as my tank up till about level 73, where I got my herc. Magmites are quite good at tanking, but they're horribly slow. The fastest rare pet is the Kowlin which makes a very good lurer b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

| Signature made by Fishy!~ | Semiretired |
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    *whistles* Whats with all the 2yr necros I'm seeing lately? b:shocked

Nothing personal, but do people really think we like reading something like this multiple times a day? Fwiw: I prefer necros to necro police. If it's a problem for you: why not pm a mod?
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Neon_Tiger - Heavens Tear
    Neon_Tiger - Heavens Tear Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options