Serious botting problem

Oz - Lost City
Oz - Lost City Posts: 90 Arc User
edited June 2011 in Suggestion Box
I know its never easy to judge whether ppl are really botting, especially when they are near their PC and can just get on as soon as anything happens...

But lately I heard of many people who reported botters and literally NOTHING happened.
I know that many posts will follow saying "youre just jealous that other people get lvl 89 before you!". But thats not my point. I dont have a problem of people out-levelling me.

But honestly, I could name at least 5 people spontaneously who have been obviously botting over like the last 4 weeks and GMs didnt do ANYthing about it. Out of the MANY times we reported botting, the 2 things that happened were:

1. GM came and just disappeared again --> the people just kept on botting
2. GM came and sent them back to town with a warning.

Are you guys kidding? Im sorry, im not trying to tell u guys how to do ur job, ure doing great.
But how come that nothing happens AT ALL when we hit the "GM" button or the "report bots" button...

Its just getting frustrating when u try to level hard and people just overtake you badly because they can grind on bots 24/7...

Serious hint: If you want to find 80+ botters just go to sea of isolation on Lost City and you find them there every day, every time; exceptions are rare...

GMs PLEASE do something about it, its getting ridiculous, seriously...
Post edited by Oz - Lost City on

Comments

• Torm - Heavens Tear
    Torm - Heavens Tear Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I play on heavens tear so dont know if they have different GM's but the ones on HT are doing a pretty good job. Yeah im sure there is some that get away with it, just like there is the misc. gold seller spamming in arch. Give the GM's a break personally id rather have a few botters get away with it then someone getting banned that is just grinding and not paying attention. Botting is cheating and i hate cheats but the few instances ive seen or heard when friends see botters GM has shown up quick and character disappers. I assume they are banned, havent seen them since at least. Maybe the reason they get a warning is because they cant PROVE they are botters but when they finally can they can take more action? IDk but you probably wont get any better answer. Just report them if you see them and dont worry about the rest.
  • Tara - Lost City
    Tara - Lost City Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    agreed i have given up pressing GM button or report hacking buttons in Lost City they never turn up or even respond and a ticket (which i've sent two one never responded) this is poor business practice.
  • tplink
    tplink Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    i agree... it's going way too far now... PLS GMs do something!!!
  • embl3m
    embl3m Posts: 494 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I agree it's getting ridiculous, very rarely do i see GMs to come out to help with anything related to botting glitching or anything of the sort.
  • frostbringer
    frostbringer Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Well a lot of B******** is in a level range now , where it is a pain to lvl. So kind of understandable to bot. Especially when there are no real consequences, it seems to be stupid/naive not to exploit it.

So my advice. As long GMs dont care, use bots and lets make this version of PW into a real Asian F2p mmorpg! b:cry
  • Persephone - Lost City
    Persephone - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Can we get any asnwer from the staff in this issue ? Its getting really out of hand...
  • Llama - Lost City
    Llama - Lost City Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Can we get any asnwer from the staff in this issue ? Its getting really out of hand...

Their answer is going to be this: "Well we're doing the best we can, we get swamped with requests and it takes time to respond to everything."

The issue is the lack of staff late at night. This is when bots thrive.

Last night for example I caught 2 bots by the fish spot in sea of isolation.

2 People from BloodLust, I'm not going to name anyone specific. But its a bloody KOS with my guild (Conq) so I dropped down and literally swam in front of em for 5 minutes, they kept killing mobs. And to adds a little more proof, their party member was floating dead and the cleric (bot) was ignoring him.

Circumstantial? Hardly. I catch the same people every night and we all hit report hacks button. What happens? Nothing they keep getting away with it.
    Hey Elayne. Its illegal to harass underage girls. And CQ won the map without you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tsunamiex - Lost City
    Tsunamiex - Lost City Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Botting is unfair man...
  • nicksloth
    nicksloth Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    There are too many people out there who get off on reporting people for apparantly botting. I have been accused of it because I didn't reply to someone who tried to chat to me. So just because I don't play the game to socialize I am therefore a botter.....right, whatever.

Those people who just wander around reporting people need to get a life. I do agree that it is getting out of hand though.
  • Devarous - Heavens Tear
    Devarous - Heavens Tear Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Silly question..

I saw two people named as alphabets - something like that and I don't want to mention any names, were like following each other and killing the same mob every time, are they using a bot?

(And following each other as same footsteps in the same coordinates - if that made any sense)

And uhmm, I sometimes see a lot of people with alphabets and numbers, and see them following around much, are they botting too x_x? (using same techniques and fighting style)
  • archor
    archor Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Hm?...There are actually 2 ways to solve this problem,first is GM give perm ban to those bots,second is we all use bots...each time I report,the reply is "we are woking on it",so I am going to try my bot on another account to see how long GM need to ban meb:chuckle
    MAYBE AFTER I'm lv90+ and Stop botting?guys,let's all use bots,since GM won't ban bots,they just give a warning,and let's turn on "auto come back" function,and see how people feel hopeless to get over leveled by bots even they grind for 16hours per day,and how they feel hopeless that they can only kill bots themselves without GM's ban~haha
  • Llama - Lost City
    edited November 2008
    nicksloth wrote: »
    There are too many people out there who get off on reporting people for apparantly botting. I have been accused of it because I didn't reply to someone who tried to chat to me. So just because I don't play the game to socialize I am therefore a botter.....right, whatever.

Those people who just wander around reporting people need to get a life. I do agree that it is getting out of hand though.

Its not trigger happy at all. These guys have been confirmed botters by even their guildies who don't approve of it but don't want to deal with it either.
    Hey Elayne. Its illegal to harass underage girls. And CQ won the map without you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Llama - Lost City
    edited November 2008
    Silly question..

I saw two people named as alphabets - something like that and I don't want to mention any names, were like following each other and killing the same mob every time, are they using a bot?

(And following each other as same footsteps in the same coordinates - if that made any sense)

And uhmm, I sometimes see a lot of people with alphabets and numbers, and see them following around much, are they botting too x_x? (using same techniques and fighting style)
    Ya thats text book botting. If you see that report them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lorelai - Lost City
    Lorelai - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    And to adds a little more proof, their party member was floating dead and the cleric (bot) was ignoring him. .

What an assumption to make! If you're referring to the situation I think, the person was a guild member who had been in a previous party and afk'd when we had to leave for a PK session elsewhere, and died. Clearly, being afk he couldn't res' in town, so when we returned he stayed there.

Think twice (or even once!) before posting random slander in and out of game.
  • Hidan - Lost City
    Hidan - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    What an assumption to make! If you're referring to the situation I think, the person was a guild member who had been in a previous party and afk'd when we had to leave for a PK session elsewhere, and died. Clearly, being afk he couldn't res' in town, so when we returned he stayed there.

Think twice (or even once!) before posting random slander in and out of game.

WOOT!! <3... In MY server noone accused each other for botting if the guilds are kos.. In PWI, KOS guilds are accusing each other of botting.. If u think that ppl are botting, just take a video of them and email to the GM.. NO Proof = STFU !!
  • Devarous - Heavens Tear
    Devarous - Heavens Tear Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Ya thats text book botting. If you see that report them.

I see, thanks for confirming it :)
  • themunkymonk
    themunkymonk Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    i dont know why i has Been Banned and the GM dont send none of email i dont know if there is a problem whit the server but they dont leave me play b:angryb:angry
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
This discussion has been closed.