halloween event mounts...

Originalsin - Sanctuary
Originalsin - Sanctuary Posts: 50 Arc User
edited November 2008 in General Discussion
So the mounts are in CS now, whoop-dee-****ing-doo, those who spen an assload of money on this event are morons and kids whose mommy and daddy pays for their addiction. YES it was a cash grab, I DO NOT condemn the corporation for doing so, it is a corp and expected, and i'm gonna give them the benefit of the doubt on this one.

that being said... those whome did not see the flying "mounts" being put up in cash shop AFTER the event was over. well, your PWI crop. favorite kind of people. THANK YOU FOR KEEPING THEM HAPPY SO WE CAN PLAY. yes you might lack some sensibility, but without you we probably wouldnt have this game to play in the first place XD
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
WiccanWay Recruiting ACTIVE lvl40+ players, PM or mail Dylann for more information. Thank you.
Post edited by Originalsin - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Jebbediah - Lost City
    Jebbediah - Lost City Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    im pretty angry about this.I will never again spend money on any events ever again to get that really cool item that noone else has,I will just wait till it's sold in the botique.Yes im pretty angry about this.im sure many Paying players are seriously losing Respect for the way your doing things.

When you stop caring about what your customers are complaining about, you soon start losing customers.

This game is not a "wow" you couldnt even get 6k people to sign your stupid myspace thing and this game cannot afford to lose the respect of it's paying population.Please rethink your strategy! I really like this game and dont wanna see it go down in a year.

Sincerly!
    20 year mmorpg vet
  • Yukiko - Lost City
    Yukiko - Lost City Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Those who played the Malaysian version should really have seen this one coming...

For the rest of you, this IS how the game operates. Next time they have an event that releases non-cash shop items, take a look at the other servers and see what they have in their cash shop. If you see that item there, chances are it will appear in ours soon too.
  • Kimyrielle - Heavens Tear
    Kimyrielle - Heavens Tear Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I have no quote to back this up, but didn't they kinda hint that they'd eventually put the event mounts into the boutique even before the event started?

Anyway, I don't quite get people's obsession with having stuff nobody else has, really. A midnight still looks cool even if half the PW population has one. Which won't happen anyway, because I guess Midnights won't be exactly cheap in the store. You don't see that many Ancient Boas either.

Oh well...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Those who played the Malaysian version should really have seen this one coming...

True. I think almost everyone knew they would make it to the cash shop one day.

What I did not expected was to see them pop up so soon after the Halloween event.

Not a very good move on the part of PWE. Good way to **** off players who spent lots of money to get them 2 weeks ago at Halloween...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Raveneye - Heavens Tear
    Raveneye - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I'm pretty ticked about the whole thing too. It was supposed to be a "RARE" mount available only through the event. The same thing goes for me, I'm not spending money on the events ever again.... completely bad call PWI, completely bad. You just lost me and my husband's Zen purchases for events.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"'Tis better to be silent and to be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt." - Abraham Lincoln
  • haku
    haku Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008

What I did not expected was to see them pop up so soon after the Halloween event.

Not a very good move on the part of PWE. Good way to **** off players who spent lots of money to get them 2 weeks ago at Halloween...

Same here. I knew that this would happen, but I was quite surprised that it happened so soon. They had two possible flying mounts they could have introduced into the cash shop before they bring out the Halloween ones: the ones that are the same speed as the best mounts in cash shop before the Halloween mounts but with higher fuel gauge and higher lvl requirement, and the ones with the same speed as the Halloween mounts but with higher lvl requirement. They could have released those into the cash shop first, then comes Xmas or New Year they can go: remember those mounts from the Halloween event? guess what, as a holiday treat for everybody, they're now in the cash shop!!!!!!!111!!!!!! That way the Halloween mounts could have remained the best mounts in the game for a month or so more, and with an excuse to release them into the cash shop, ppl won't be as mad.

But then again, in the mean time, prices for the event mounts might skyrocket due to the limited supply, and ppl might be even more mad since they paid way too much ingame money for them. And then there's all those mounts that are so much better than the Halloween ones. Still, two weeks is too soon IMO.
  • Toxickiss - Heavens Tear
    Toxickiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    You have got to be kidding me, so after spending A LOT of money on an event to get a RARE Flying Israfel, I could have just waited to pay $20 for it in the CS!! Well that's it for me with the events! I was really looking forward to see what PWI was going to do for Christmas but I don't even care now!! I'll just wait till they put the RARE event items in the cash shop!!! Heck why even have an event, just add new items to the cash shop if you want to do something special for the Holidays!! I think they made a big mistake on this one!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2008

I agree!! They could have at least waited 6 months!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2008
    haku wrote: »
    But then again, in the mean time, prices for the event mounts might skyrocket due to the limited supply, and ppl might be even more mad since they paid way too much ingame money for them. And then there's all those mounts that are so much better than the Halloween ones. Still, two weeks is too soon IMO.

That's just it some have already paid a lot for them, I feel so bad for those players who paid 3-5 Mil for these items!! All because they thought they were going to be rare!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xiaoyueyue
    xiaoyueyue Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    They just released too soon... a fatal step they took.
  • Deadbone - Lost City
    Deadbone - Lost City Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    so obvious they would do that
  • Moander - Heavens Tear
    Moander - Heavens Tear Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Ok wait...

The mounts are in the cash shop for 20 gold, which is 2 Million coin in standard exchange. The mounts during the event could have been won with as little as a 100k investment. MANY people got theirs at or under the 500k mark.

You can look at it as a chance to win one for alot less than it would eventually cost. These mounts were in other versions of the game, and had an AH entry even before the Halloween event. So, we should have known they were coming to the CS.

So, anyone who spent under the 2 Million mark got their money's worth. Anyone who spent more, well, its done....you could have stopped at any time....

Midnight is still a Rare mount, as he was the only true new introduction to PWI (as far as I'm aware). The fliers were doomed to be in the CS anyways.

No one ever said these mounts were exclusive.....

http://www.perfectworld.com/event/halloween

So, next event, say Valentine's Day. They put out an item or items that are 'event' items. You pay X for a chance to win Y. Will you not take a chance on getting the item early, and for WAY less than what it will be in the CS? You either will or you won't.
  • deshin
    deshin Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited November 2008

So, anyone who spent under the 2 Million mark got their money's worth. Anyone who spent more, well, its done....you could have stopped at any time....

This is exactly why people are mad. Hopefully they are mad at the right person... themselves. It is a choice you made to keep gambling to get something sure you "WON" but things change and now the biggest and best you now feel was not worth it. Its fun to try a few times but too many people think just one more time and spend way too much.,

Gee was it something you really needed to enjoy the game. No it was fluff thats only purpose was to make you feel special and somehow more important than others in you mind. You still have the item and it work just like before its just that you do not feel the same. you also had it for a number of weeks before anyone else could get it.

Wake up people this is a game. No matter how often you teachers made you chant "I am someone, I am special, I am important" that is a bunch of bull. Nobody cares what what you have what level you are what pretty clothing you have.
  • Seilen - Heavens Tear
    Seilen - Heavens Tear Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited November 2008

I was expecting it comming at 1st december with new "expansion" latest.
  • Zress - Lost City
    Zress - Lost City Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Ok wait...

The mounts are in the cash shop for 20 gold, which is 2 Million coin in standard exchange. The mounts during the event could have been won with as little as a 100k investment. MANY people got theirs at or under the 500k mark.

You can look at it as a chance to win one for alot less than it would eventually cost. These mounts were in other versions of the game, and had an AH entry even before the Halloween event. So, we should have known they were coming to the CS.

Midnight is still a Rare mount, as he was the only true new introduction to PWI (as far as I'm aware). The fliers were doomed to be in the CS anyways.

No one ever said these mounts were exclusive.....

http://www.perfectworld.com/event/halloween

So, next event, say Valentine's Day. They put out an item or items that are 'event' items. You pay X for a chance to win Y. Will you not take a chance on getting the item early, and for WAY less than what it will be in the CS? You either will or you won't.

b:chuckle give that man a cigar and a b:kiss. and yes I had 3 dolls so I thought why not. got the nightmare on doll 2. so hey took a chance and won b:victory