Disable Click-To-Move

amity45
amity45 Posts: 1 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Suggestion Box
I really can't stand click-to-move. (Meaning, click on the ground and you move.) If you mis-click to target, oops you're moving at an enemy. Also if you miss when clicking to use an ability on your bar, your character starts running backwards. I know most players never use click-to-move in other RPGs.

This would be somewhat forgivable if you had a key bound to target nearest enemy (like TAB)

Another suggestion is, once you can disable click-to-move have the option to disable sticky targeting. (Meaning, once you have a target you can click on the ground and you un-target it.) This isn't a big deal to me, but many players hate sticky targeting.

Some things I already see in your Suggestion comp that I can't stand not having:

- Invert Mouse option
- Key to target nearest/next enemy
- Autorun (preferably left+right mouse option)
- Ability to change key bindings (I want Q and E to be bindable to abilities)

With so many play control issues, it kills enjoyment of the game.
Post edited by amity45 on

Comments

• Altihnkai - Sanctuary
    Altihnkai - Sanctuary Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    i like the click to move maself tbh.. so i wudnt like to see it go.. but a switch button in options menu would be nice for ppl who hate this.. gotta make it playable for all init ;)
  • Xangelx - Lost City
    Xangelx - Lost City Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Uh, all I have to say is that you have to get used to it. In this game, the programmers did not use standard key bindings. What I mean by standard is what most of the other mmorpg games use. For example most games use i for inventory. This game uses b for bags. I started playing this game 2 weeks ago and it was a major change when I first started off. The previous game I played, the key bindings were completely different. Besides b and i for bags and inventory, the last game used l for quests (this game uses q). The last game made q and e for you to walk sideways so movement was a bit more free than this. When I first started, I kept trying to walk sideways and the menus would keep popping back up lol. The last game I played, you couldn't jump and the spacebar was to autopickup. So I kept pressing that to loot but my character would jump instead. the key bindings were from 1 to = so I loved that because it's so near to my fingers. This game uses the f keys which is not convineint for my fingers and you can only modify 1-6 I think. That's half of the number keys.

Here's a picture of all the skill slots you have in the previous game I was playing before PWI:

http://lh6.ggpht.com/rendy.mardjuadi/R_eAcWEJuhI/AAAAAAAABf4/jNPXXPm9zsw/sho_ss_003%5B4%5D.jpg

My point is, you just have to get used to it. This game does not have much options for key bindings and selection. You can't tab to auto target like almost everygame out there has. The reason I THINK is to prevent botters because bots can just tab to nearest enemy and attack if you know what I mean. I really think they should have more slots to put skills though. A lot more. I keep finding myself opening more of those bars to fill up skills. I THINK the problem is that the picture of the skills are way too big so you fit much less skills on your screen before everything is all cluttered up. If you take a look at the picture, the skills are big enough so that I know what skills I am using. Also, the cursor is too big in PWI. Besides the spinning around problem, the cursor should be more pointy so that you can click on precisely what you want. I find sometimes that I click on something that I didn't want to click on because the cursor is too big in this game. So ya, just adapt, I don't think there will be any changes to keys anytime soon. :/
  • Ozael - Lost City
    Ozael - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I agree with the OP that there should be more choices in movement control. I'm getting used to the current scheme, but, choice is always great.
  • juanpancho
    juanpancho Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I could not disagree more... I only use click-to-move to control my character.

I would agree that it should be customizable though, so players who do not like it may disable it.

Bye
    JFM
  • Cordent - Sanctuary
    Cordent - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I agree with an option to disable - I'm on a laptop, and mouse controls are not terribly convenient.

However ... there needs to one other change made first: an option to move automatically. The only time I use click to move is when flying long distances ... is we just had a way to say 'keep moving forward' then I wouldn't need that, and would gladly disable click-to-move.
  • leet1337
    leet1337 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I also agree and i am so use to the left and right movement option myself that click to move gets annoying after a while, so i would appreciate another movement option.
    [SIGPIC]I love it[/SIGPIC]
  • Eseave - Lost City
    Eseave - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Has been suggested.
  • sethagorn
    sethagorn Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Well, I can handle the click to move...although I don't really like it.

What really bothers me...is I'm so used to when I hold down the left mouse button and move the mouse...the usual function is to spin my character around essentially being able to hold down the "Move Forward" key...and "Steer" with the Mouse. Kind of like how it operates currently when your flying.

So...the most aggravating thing about this "Click-to-Move" for me is I left click to try to spin my character around to face something...and I wind up running off to some remote place where ever I clicked.

And, I thought that I saw somewhere that you were supposed to be able to change the "Left and Right" keys from Strafe to Turn...?

It's most likely that these character or game setup files are in the game somewhere...like a config file...if you could figure out which one it is you could probably get in there and set the value to whatever you like that way.

I'd like to be able to remap my keys....I always remap all my keys to other stuff in every game I play.

I'm able to sort of "Semi" work around it atm...because I have a Game Pad...So...I just made a new profile and started setting it up to the keys the game uses. Sort of a "Back Door to key Mapping I guess"...lol
  • Ren - Lost City
    Ren - Lost City Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Holding shift (and/or alt) should disable click to move, as it does in a much better game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Zoe is so full of it, that he must be Karmelia.
  • snowowl
    snowowl Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    These suggestions continue to be brought up over and over. I too would love to see them implemented!

I very much prefer to use the mouse, instead of the keyboard, to move about but hate the click to move interface. I too am used to holding down one button and moving the mouse to change facing or hold down both buttons to run and moving the mouse to steer. I feel like I have much more control that way. Adding an option to invert the mouse would be awesome as well. As would an autorun key!

Movement is such a key feature to the game that having various methods of movement to fit various play styles should, imo, be a core feature to any game.
  • luigila
    luigila Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    amity45 wrote: »
    I really can't stand click-to-move. (Meaning, click on the ground and you move.) If you mis-click to target, oops you're moving at an enemy. Also if you miss when clicking to use an ability on your bar, your character starts running backwards. I know most players never use click-to-move in other RPGs.

This would be somewhat forgivable if you had a key bound to target nearest enemy (like TAB)

Another suggestion is, once you can disable click-to-move have the option to disable sticky targeting. (Meaning, once you have a target you can click on the ground and you un-target it.) This isn't a big deal to me, but many players hate sticky targeting.

Some things I already see in your Suggestion comp that I can't stand not having:

- Invert Mouse option
    - Key to target nearest/next enemy
    - Autorun (preferably left+right mouse option)
    - Ability to change key bindings (I want Q and E to be bindable to abilities)

With so many play control issues, it kills enjoyment of the game.

I am with you man. I started playing this game yesterday, and I got to level 8. I don't think I will play again until they fix these movement problems. Click to Move is useless, and not having the option to take that out is just plain silly. Then there is the zoom-in, zoom-out with the mouse wheel; Why is it reversed? All other mmo have it one way, this game is the opposite.
    I am not usually picky, but I won't be playing this game anymore with the click-to-move option. It's EXTREMELY annoying.
  • Machinae - Dreamweaver
    Machinae - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I have to agree with disliking click-to-move to certain extents. Especially when trying to click a harvest point or a monster, it shows that the monster is highlighted, then I just run past him, generally straight into a field of aggro monsters. Irritating. It should be possible to disable it in the options, or for the people who don't like the W,A,S,D, movement, allow them to disable it. Maybe even use them for skill binds.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I smell some necro.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • andracil
    andracil Posts: 2,949 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Ancient thread here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.