Duel logging?

Smokinsblade - Lost City
Smokinsblade - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
edited November 2012 in Dungeons & Tactics
I was trying to determine from the TOS and what ever else is here to see if PWI allows duel logging.
I know this can be a touchy subject, some games allow it some don't.

So I was just wanting to know what the policy of that is here. As duel logging can be very helpful indeed.

For an example if you are a solo player you can have perma healer follow you so your not stuck doing quests without buffs/heal etc and it would cut down the costs on healing pots.

Anyway I just wanted to know thanks in advance b:victory
Post edited by Smokinsblade - Lost City on

Comments

• tira
    tira Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    you want to duel log...? idt u can do dat
    Mushi Mushi?
  • Pyreon - Heavens Tear
    Pyreon - Heavens Tear Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Many people run two character from different computers.

Using one to quest, and they other as a permanent stall.

Doing what you are suggesting, would be almost impossible with one cpu, and although possible with two, would be ridiculous, especially after lvl 40 or 50. Spam healing and spamming skills to attack at the same time with two different mouse and or keys?

Although it may sound ludicrous, I think you may have an easier time finding a cleric buddy to grind with...hard but it is possible....I do think there are SOME clerics on here. b:laugh

Also, anyway of running two characters on one computer would most likely entail some sort of **** or crack, which is not acceptable and will result in you getting banned. Most hacks are not made to simply let you run two characters, but include bots, jump cheats, and other **** I got tired of seeing in My-en. I will not tolerate here, nor will any gm or any other fair minded person.

Having two computers and two accounts does not look like an infringement of the term of use/service, and plenty of people use them for shops, but you really will cause more problem for yourself by trying to play them both at the same time.

Hope this helps =)
  • mogwai
    mogwai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    exactally..what Pyreon said

running 2 separate computers, with separate accounts (dual-boxing), is ok for most mmo's. But if both computers are located at the same residence, they will have the same IP address...so i'm not sure if PW's client will even allow this.

running 2 characters from same account on same computer, at the same time (dual-client), entails a ****, & is bannable...for a good reason. Same with running 2 characters from same account, even if on separate coms, or running 2 accounts from 1 com at same time as well.

just keep looking for a solid answer though, as i'm not entirely clear on this either.
    mmorpg is R'lyehian for: Innumerable quantities of grown babies
    discussing & often complaining about the imaginary.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
  • Whyco - Heavens Tear
    Whyco - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    mogwai wrote: »

running 2 separate computers, with separate accounts (dual-boxing), is ok for most mmo's. But if both computers are located at the same residence, they will have the same IP address...so i'm not sure if PW's client will even allow this.

It is possible to run two account on the same IP because my gf and I play together all the time on my laptop and desktop
  • Smokinsblade - Lost City
    edited November 2008
    Many people run two character from different computers.

Using one to quest, and they other as a permanent stall.

Doing what you are suggesting, would be almost impossible with one cpu, and although possible with two, would be ridiculous, especially after lvl 40 or 50. Spam healing and spamming skills to attack at the same time with two different mouse and or keys?

Although it may sound ludicrous, I think you may have an easier time finding a cleric buddy to grind with...hard but it is possible....I do think there are SOME clerics on here. b:laugh

Also, anyway of running two characters on one computer would most likely entail some sort of **** or crack, which is not acceptable and will result in you getting banned. Most hacks are not made to simply let you run two characters, but include bots, jump cheats, and other **** I got tired of seeing in My-en. I will not tolerate here, nor will any gm or any other fair minded person.

Having two computers and two accounts does not look like an infringement of the term of use/service, and plenty of people use them for shops, but you really will cause more problem for yourself by trying to play them both at the same time.

Hope this helps =)

Thanks for the advice...

Just as a tid-bit though it is defently possible to run more than one character on the same computer. The former game I came from I was able to have 4 characters on at 1 time. I would lag if you had the f1 button pressed down all the time but they would work fine.

but mainly we just had a computer down stairs and duel logged so both me and my wife could have a shop character up.

But is what your saying here because of the graphics and sfx the spells have here would cause it to be not possible?

In the end though I won't duel log here if it's a peaceful game like you said with plenty of people on. Again the previous game made it vital that you had a RM (Ringmaster= Cleric) follow you because you really couldn't do anything with out buffs and there simply are not enough people and RM was the most boring job on the game. There for that created the need and desire for people to duel log to have it follow you around just to buff and occasional healing.
    edited November 2008
    delete this plz
  • mogwai
    edited November 2008
    i edited : )
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2008

entails a ****, & is bannable...for a good reason. Same with running 2 characters from same account, even if on separate coms, or running 2 accounts from 1 com at same time as well.

just keep looking for a solid answer though, as i'm not entirely clear on this either.

In this regards I am not talking about hacks, I am just talking about playing 2 seperate characters from 2 accounts on one computer. Which normally you just start the game and then open the client again and it open another and seperate copy of the game for you to log into the other account.

At least thats how the other game did it, no **** involved. It's almost impossible to track too so I was told by nero1 (GM&CM) of the previous game.
  • mogwai
    edited November 2008
    yep, thats the one i'm not exactly clear on for PWI.

i'm sure there's got to be something somewhere about it.
  • Pyreon - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    You could probably do that, but would have to use a dual monitor, or virtual desktop to get it done. Any other way would appear to be a **** to them.

Also, Me and my gf also play in the same house, and don't have an IP conflictions, this is why Al Gore invented the Router.

And you can only log in to your account once, regardless of what character, the other will be dc if logging in to the same account.
  • mogwai
    edited November 2008
    hey, you could always try it, just to see if you get banned LOL
    edited November 2008
    delete plz
    edited November 2008
    You could probably do that, but would have to use a dual monitor, or virtual desktop to get it done. Any other way would appear to be a **** to them.

Also, Me and my gf also play in the same house, and don't have an IP conflictions, this is why Al Gore invented the Router.

And you can only log in to your account once, regardless of what character, the other will be dc if logging in to the same account.

Alt+ tab works too
    hey, you could always try it, just to see if you get banned LOL
    I don't wish to get banned. I just would like to know the rule on this and I will obey it.
  • Pyreon - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    Actually alt+tab would be the silliest way to do this....

specially saying that you would like to have perma healer follow you so your not stuck doing quests without buffs/heal etc.

And there may be an IP issue using the same machine without a virtual desktop, preferably with two monitors, and a "keyswitch button" to change mouse and keyboard functions to other monitor.

Believe me, you will not be able to have a cleric follow you around and heal you controlling both characters....It shouldn't matter, you WILL have to party up at some point, so might as well start, but then again you will never level if you are always partied.
    edited November 2008
    Actually alt+tab would be the silliest way to do this....

specially saying that you would like to have perma healer follow you so your not stuck doing quests without buffs/heal etc.

And there may be an IP issue using the same machine without a virtual desktop, preferably with two monitors, and a "keyswitch button" to change mouse and keyboard functions to other monitor.

Believe me, you will not be able to have a cleric follow you around and heal you controlling both characters....It shouldn't matter, you WILL have to party up at some point, so might as well start, but then again you will never level if you are always partied.

oh i see so there is no auto follow? thats where i was making the mistake.

No auto follow = Too much hassle = No need /or desire for duel log = why there is nothing said about it in TOS or any rules about this.
  • Fengar - Harshlands
    Fengar - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    well i duel accounted for over a month.. but with this new change to Sirens of war i am unable to im going to find out why
  • mrcharlyplustwo
    mrcharlyplustwo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    necro - and it's 'dual' logging, btw.
  • Niteshadows - Harshlands
    Niteshadows - Harshlands Posts: 583 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    +1 for the comment above. This thread should be locked down for EPIC necro.
    Do you hate me? Good, that makes for an adequate conversation starter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]