The Perfect Wear: Heavenwear Fragments

Angelle - Heavens Tear
Angelle - Heavens Tear Posts: 177 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
I'm having a terrible time with this quest. A friend of mine assisted in killing Tauroc Commanders in Rook's Valley, northeast of Plume. The item needed from these Taurocs are the Heavenwear Fragments. Now, I don't know if my level (45) affects the droprate because those Taurocs are several leveler higher than I am (51) or if it's just bugged or something else. Is level really a factor in this or is it really obtainable but just not an easy drop?

<<; The only good thing that came out of killing 93293842 Tauroc Commanders was the nice experience points that added up.

Anyway, answers will be greatly loved as usual. <345

//EDIT: Oh skrizzle, I just found the solution a few minutes after researching again. @w@; The wording on 1PW was different. For future reference if anyone else is having problems, the solution can be found here-- just scroll down or CTRL + F and find "Battle for Deity Shirt."

As another side note, I can't believe that whoever made this quest think it's possible to somehow do the quest alone at level 45. >__> WTF? (Excluding venomancers-- can can almost do anything. ~_~)
Former Leader of 卓越的 {Transcendent}
-- DoIl - Venomancer - 6X

;D You can call me Minny.
Post edited by Angelle - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• erethizon1
    erethizon1 Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    If I remember correctly Tauroc Commanders are the solo mission creature for the level 51 solo mission so I would recommend waiting until you are level 51 and do this quest along with the solo mission. The quest will be much easier when they are equal to your level.
  • Feraldreamzz - Sanctuary
    Feraldreamzz - Sanctuary Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I was having the same problem this morning. First I was surprised that the mobs were level 51, then I noticed I wasn't getting the drops I needed from them. If they do eventually drop, it's going to take some patience to get them! b:victory
  • Jetro - Heavens Tear
    Jetro - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    man this quest is crazy 1 hour for each drop i gave up,everyone got items except me.5 more to go but sorry dont got the time for that
  • Ermosa - Heavens Tear
    Ermosa - Heavens Tear Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    1st 11 drops i got in 2 hours with friend help
    others 4 i got in 10 mins when i did most of dmg and healer healed me, but again healer didnt got any drop
    so i guess u have to do more dmg than person in party to gain that drop, thats when i got drops when tried to get drops with friend, so can try as me and get healer to back up u till u get all drops
    have fun with hunting :)
  • Coraline - Lost City
    Coraline - Lost City Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Yeah i looked one 1perfectworld.com and it said you have to do the last hit because it will go to the other members. But yeah that quest sucks for a lvl 45, when i got the quest, archer. Im lvl 48 and still havent done it yet. Why do they give you quests with a way higher lvl mob?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

eatswithspoons "*roll eyes* real money for virtual property? That's definitely not allowed"

Lol what?
  • lordarravis
    lordarravis Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    It is best to wait until level 50+ to do this quest. The next part involves collecting 10 leathers and 10 synthethized threads and giving them all up.

And for what? 15k exp.

So wait until: 1) you can solo these mobs as if you were grinding 2) get to a point in manufacturing where you don't need leathers and threads.
  • Ifriday - Heavens Tear
    Ifriday - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    The secret is not only to do the last hit, but to do the ALMOST ALL damage yourself.

I tested this with Guildies (I am a Cleric). I could not handle them alone, being a squishie I burnt thru a HP Hiero so fast it made me cry, so I asked for help. We tried it with the Barb doing the damage - NO DROPS for me, we tried it with us both doing damage - NO DROPS for me, we tried it with the Barb reserving the last hit for me - NO or RARE drops for me, we tried with a Veno pet tanking, but it still dealt damage so NO DROPS for me. Then we tried the Barb grabbing agro and me doing all of the damage after that - YAY, DROPS FOR ME!!

I was ready to give up on this until we sorted out the way it works. So ask a Barb to tank for you and it will get done in a LOT less time!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hazardus - Heavens Tear
    Hazardus - Heavens Tear Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Hmmmm....so what do ya do if you're the Barb and need the quest? b:laugh
    When the going gets tough; Get a tank!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nocturne mature HT guild - we invite people, not levels.
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Ermosa - Heavens Tear
    Ermosa - Heavens Tear Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    if u r barbar then get healer who heals u :)
  • imanoob
    imanoob Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    If you read the quest it says you must do it alone. if u r in a party the other members cannot hit the mob or u will get no drop.
  • Shazamm - Heavens Tear
    Shazamm - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I was able to solo it as a wizard at lvl 47, but I was potting after every other kill or so. Also, I didn't get my first drop until about 1/2 hour of killing. I ultimately got all 15 in about 1.25 hours. I noticed that the monsters that had an increase defense, life, sacrificial assault or other such attribute seemed to drop the fragments more often. I hope this helps.
  • Oichi - Lost City
    Oichi - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    i did it when i got it, and just cuz i'm a veno doesn't mean they were easy. took me forever, and i did it alone.
    i hate taurocs.
  • Catandra - Lost City
    Catandra - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I have had a hard time with this quest as well.

While doing the quest, a friend and I tested all the tricks we were told would work.

Highest damage, last hit, first hit, solo, grouped, three in group, four in group.....

none of it made any difference.

It is just a really crappy quest with a really really low drop rate. It took me 15 minutes to get all of mine and another 2.5 hours for my friend to get his.

Look at it as less grinding to complete the level.... and a great way to farm the DQ & crafting items.

Cat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Catandra - Venomancer - Lost City
    Teamwork is doing everything you need to do in a day, then doing one thing for someone else. What have you done for someone else today?
  • Monarch - Lost City
    Monarch - Lost City Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    It took me a while but I soloed the commander part as a 45 blademaster. I definently used a good chunck of my life powder.
    It takes a big man to cry, but a bigger man to laugh at him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Guild: Outlaw
  • RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary
    RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary Posts: 593 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I just wanna put my 2 cents in....

this quest sucks. big time. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Duke Shouts: WTT PWI for Your Credit Card! It is the duty of all warriors to do so NAO! b:bye LeirtA - Lost City PWI = Pay2Win International

b:bye Quit as of 10/09 b:bye
  • Ence - Lost City
    Ence - Lost City Posts: 454 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Yes, and my 2 cents is please don't resurrect ancient threads like this =.=;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    You don't need to solo this mission. I got my last three fragments squad up with another person around my level.

They were on a deathcount quest... it didn't affect my drop rate, and we both got what we needed.

This mission is WAY too difficult for lvl 45.

I must have eaten up small health mana and heal potions for each baddie I had to kill, which aren't cheap. :(

Least I didn't die.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I started alone when I was doing that quest and I was getting the drops. After squading the drop rate fell a lot.

After, my squad mate left and since I was alone I got the drops pretty quick.

This is also recomended like that on the quest's guide.
  • fuzzles
    fuzzles Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I always ignore this quest.

It's not worth the time taken to kill the mobs.

And then if you're unfortunate enough to kill all of the buggers, it's not worth the money you spend on the materials you need for the next part of the quest.

The reward is something like 15k XP... most definitely not worth the time or money.
    Everyone here is ridiculously oversensitive.
  • xtrm9
    xtrm9 Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I trashed this quest when i first tried it.
    But later i had to kill 50 tauroc commandor's for the misfortune city quest chain so i took this quest again and got my 15 drops after killing 49 tauroc'sb:chuckle

Hi Fuzzles
  • KromX - Sanctuary
    KromX - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    i helped an archer in my faction do this quest. we tried while in a squad an failed to get any drops for him, so i left squad an just healed him as best a wizard can. he did get the drops in about 1 hours time.
    it may have been the fact that i am lvl 68 an they wouldnt drop for me since i was pretty much doing all the damage. but i know healing from outside of a squad will work for u
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Any class can do this quest really if they have a HP charm.

No point trying this till level 50 anyway

1) This quest stacks
    2) The second part (collect 10 of each Compound thread, Leather) comes from killing level 49 and 51 mobs I believe?
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • Ardyser - Heavens Tear
    Ardyser - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    What's this talk about it being impossible? I did this entire quest at level 45, with no hiero, no pot-spamming and no help (the two times I squadded I got no drops). For a ranged class it's quite easy, the Tauroc Commanders have no ranged attacks and are right next to a safe area with low-level mobs that don't attack, so you can just kite them there and slay them. It's definitely not worth the reward, though.
  • Tawarwaith - Sanctuary
    Tawarwaith - Sanctuary Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I did that quest at lvl46, without any problems. It was long to do, but not that difficult. I just lured 1, killed it while using spark eruption mostly, meditated, and started over again. By the time I had 10 fragments, I was really lucky. A cleric buffed me and healled me for some time. Then it was really fast. Nothing impossible for me. I also heart a friend cleric that did it at the same lvl. So for caster classes it should also be possible.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    xtrm9 wrote: »
    I trashed this quest when i first tried it.
    But later i had to kill 50 tauroc commandor's for the misfortune city quest chain so i took this quest again and got my 15 drops after killing 49 tauroc'sb:chuckle

Hi Fuzzles

actually, I would add to you post that yesterday I did 3 quests related to this mob at level 52/53 (not sure). One of them was 1 army quest and the other two I do not remember the name.

However, it would be great to do this quest with the other 3. 4 quests at once. LOL
  • Blairewitch - Sanctuary
    Blairewitch - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    i did this at 45 (which is easy as a veno) and got the drops every 4 -5 commanders i killed, so i think its just luck
  • Tiaque - Sanctuary
    Tiaque - Sanctuary Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I duoed it with a bm at the level I got it - we got his first, then he de-equipped his weapon and we called in a guild cleric to help heal my squishy, laptop-laggy **** :)
    "In the end, its not about LA vs robe - which is better? Its about knowing your character and how to play it." ~Blosque, Sanctuary

Director of Tsunami
    Contact me in-game if you're looking for a new home!

Ayjia (5x veno), Celys (4x full support cleric), Eirel (3x claw blademaster)
  • Clercie - Sanctuary
    Clercie - Sanctuary Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    i was lvl 45 when i did it, I just opened my supply stash with a MP charm in it.
    and i killed the taurocs, in the mean time a cleric was healing me. did in in half an hour.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Falcondance - Heavens Tear
    Falcondance - Heavens Tear Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Er, this is a necro from beyond. It's like a primordial fragment of necro from the original big bang of necro. XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I always thought I'd be the only one doing crazy things for people who would never care enough to do it back or to act like idiots or be entirely vulnerable, and making someone fall in love with you is easy, and flying 3000 miles on four days notice because you can't just sit there and do nothing and breathe into telephones is not everyone's idea of love, but it is the way I can recognize it because that is what I do."
    Sig pic by Nowitsawn
  • Kamsyn - Heavens Tear
    Kamsyn - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Sorry if it appears that I am singing a different tune here. . but . .
    Um . .Level 46 Archer here. . .have no major problems getting the fragments from the Tauroc Commanders, doing it solo that is, . .albeit they spawn much lesser than the Marksmen. . .if I recall rightly, the quest requires 15 fragments and I managed to obtain 5 in about 40 mins. . .have to be a little nimble about attacking the Commanders though as a nearby Marksmen might be aggro'ed into the battle at the same time. .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.