Assisting Gold Farmers = Instant account ban

dvorak
dvorak Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2008 in General Discussion
Just a friendly little warning. Recently we have noticed a change in tactics employed by our neighborhood gold farmers. These farmers have resorted to 'paying' users to create PWI game accounts on their behalf in order to gain access to a batch of fresh IP addresses. Strong word of caution here - if we determine that any user has created user accounts for gold farmers and merchants we will permanently ban your account, no questions asked.

If you are approached in-game by any suspected gold farmer/merchant to create an account (or basically ANYONE in general - its a violation of our TOS) and offered compensation please take screenshots of the conversation and submit a CS/GM ticket to report your encounter:

http://support.perfectworld.com/ticketing

Remember, if we track any aspect of your account to gold farming operations you will lose ALL of your PWI game privileges. Over the last 2 weeks we have banned over 50 accounts for engaging in such illegal collusion. Don't fall victim to these ploys - just say 'no' and send us the details to help us stamp out such nuisances.
pwe_dvorak.jpg

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/pwe_dvorak
Post edited by dvorak on

Comments

• Lecher - Sanctuary
    Lecher - Sanctuary Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    how do you take a screenshot in windows vista?

i press PrintScreen and i have NO screenshots in my folder. i've tried this many times and have resorted to using my cellphone to take a pic then transferring it over to my computer so i can have a wallpaper of my character.

someone else has to have this same issue
  • Ecclaire - Lost City
    Ecclaire - Lost City Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2008

i press PrintScreen and i have NO screenshots in my folder. i've tried this many times and have resorted to using my cellphone to take a pic then transferring it over to my computer so i can have a wallpaper of my character.

Did you try F9?
  • Jebbediah - Lost City
    Jebbediah - Lost City Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    My most sincere thanks goes out to you guys for taking steps to ensure the gold we accumulate over time and hard work does not become inflated because everyone is buying thier gold outside the game super cheap like most the other games out their.

And I know for a fact your efforts are doing alot of good, as thier are no websites out thier atm that offer cheaper gold then what the game's feature's provide you to get on your own.

Thank you Staff for providing OUTSTANDING workmanship!

Yall ROCK!
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    Hisui - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,369 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    So does this mean we can't help gold farmers kill Jewelscalen? b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Check out ForsakenX 's sig thread O_O
    Enrage - We Eat.
  • Ren - Lost City
    Ren - Lost City Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    ROFL, sad thing is I know someone who took the money to do that. Wonder if he's banned. Oh well, I can't even remember his name.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Zoe is so full of it, that he must be Karmelia.
  • Whiteknight - Heavens Tear
    Whiteknight - Heavens Tear Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    y r we bugging about these guys? i see lots of spammers in the game running bots to sell gold for websites and power lvled characters. i know this isnt allowed either. is something being done to take care of these idiots?
  • infrequentia
    infrequentia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    So that's why I was asked that. o:

No way I'd make an account for anyone else at all.b:chuckle
  • Ifuonlyknew - Heavens Tear
    Ifuonlyknew - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    wait... im a little confused... so what is a gold farmer? like... lol how can you tell? b:shocked yes im a newb sometimes >.<
  • Urenna - Heavens Tear
    Urenna - Heavens Tear Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I've blacklisted all the gold spammers i've seen b:pleased

mostly seen them in archo spamming in general chat.
  • Ifuonlyknew - Heavens Tear
    Ifuonlyknew - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    oho..... you mean that fdghhf or whatever guy who keeps trying to get people to buy money from that one site? ahhh... ok ... i knew that i just didnt know what it was called XDb :laugh
  • Melodia - Lost City
    Melodia - Lost City Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I still dont understand how it works according to how Dvorak said it.. What is a gold farmer?
    Originally Posted by Pandora - Lost City:
    Please understand that as full int, all an archer has to do is target you and roll his face on the keyboard and you are dead.

Words of Wisdom.
  • Ajriaz_skaya - Heavens Tear
    Ajriaz_skaya - Heavens Tear Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    A ''firm'' or group of persons that earn money by parasiting regular game servers.

They run a cartload of generic characters, often bots or multiboxes, amass loot, sell it and stock ingame currency.

Afterwards, they offer you to buy ingame currency for real life money.

They :
    - completely **** ingame market values
    - put a terrible strain on the servers ( lag and network failures )
    - often scam their customers
    - spoil regular players' game because bots kill steal, loot steal and pk en masse

They are comparable to real-life smugglers in terms of damage and reliability.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Venoblood - Heavens Tear
    Venoblood - Heavens Tear Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    wait... im a little confused... so what is a gold farmer? like... lol how can you tell? b:shocked yes im a newb sometimes >.<

You can't, but the point is to ignore anyone who tells you to make another account for anything, especially if they're willing to give compensation (in-game money, items, RL money, etc.) for your while.

If you see some random name like "gadkhkfjhd," it's probably a gold-seller as they spend more time advertising gold-selling websites (Websites that supposedly sell in-game currency for real money) than they will making a completely unique name. Blacklist them if you can (and use the Report Hacking button, or screenshot them just incase), but I hear there's a limit to how many people you can blacklist at any one time...
  • Celestyna - Heavens Tear
    Celestyna - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    but I hear there's a limit to how many people you can blacklist at any one time...

you only need the gold spammer on there for maybe a few hours, by that time the accounts banned and you can clear your blacklist b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Darkglory - Heavens Tear
    Darkglory - Heavens Tear Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited November 2008

Print Screen dude, they go in the same folder as they would using F9

Question people might be able to answer.....I see gold sellers in west archo, I blacklist cause i dont want to here them and I click Report, but it says they are using a ****, which might be true auto typer. Is there anyother way to report people other than that? Also when i go to contact a gm (Like if someones harassing me) it says Im Stuck, which is not true anyother way to contact a gm.......Ya im lvl 43 but i dont know alot of the internals just know semi how to play
  • Zethanal - Heavens Tear
    Zethanal - Heavens Tear Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I went to there site.

Crashed it.
    "Death is just a new path, a path everyone has to take." -Gandalf
  • Makeshift_ - Lost City
    Makeshift_ - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Umm what is gold farming...

I'm still a noob sorry xD ^^
  • mastercobra
    mastercobra Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    oho..... you mean that fdghhf or whatever guy who keeps trying to get people to buy money from that one site? ahhh... ok ... i knew that i just didnt know what it was called XDb :laugh

do you give money?
  • tankhunter
    tankhunter Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Umm what is gold farming...

I'm still a noob sorry xD ^^

Gold Farming is usually a bot run grinder who is programed to kill mobs and collect loot and gold, when the inventory is full of loot they run back to the city go to a specific vendor, dump and sell the loot, then proceed back to the kill zone. At the end of the day a person takes them to a post box and mails all the gold to the master account, where it is to be redistributed through various seller accounts to those who pay real money for an amount of in game gold.

It is essentially like gold trading, only through a 3rd party and not the people in charge of PWI.

@Ifyouonlyknew: Those bots are spam bots, the ones that just stand there and spam the sell message. They are like the various people who have a second account for a second computer so they can just set up a cat shop and play at the same time.
  • Some_guy - Heavens Tear
    Some_guy - Heavens Tear Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    "I went to there site.

Crashed it."

wait r u serious?!!! NICE! those are the types of people we need lol if what u say is true then imagine the loser's face when he finds out his website got crashed.