Rebirth Alpha

Options
leonic
leonic Posts: 3 Arc User
edited December 2010 in Dungeons & Tactics
Yes ive done this quest before and time after time we do it, we keep getting stuck at the same spot. We defeated all the mobs that come through and yes people did get kicked out of the duengon to be transported to Thosand Stream. We collected enought beans to have an attack lvl 1 and defence lvl 1 Gods eye installed but we can never destroy the god "Devastator". He is immune to all damage. and nothing we thrown at him works. any hints? http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v715/Noelleon/untitled-2.jpg
Post edited by leonic on

Comments

• Oichi - Lost City
    Oichi - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    idk.

but i really wish i was never kicked out. even when i don't click, don't do anything after i die, i still get the boot.
    it's aggravating. we would totally somehow beat it if everyone wasn't randomly kicked out.
  • LifePromiser - Sanctuary
    LifePromiser - Sanctuary Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    No idea never got to him.How could something be immune to damage though,maybe you have to..buff him to death?-.-
  • Josiah - Lost City
    Josiah - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Hmm... Well me and my guildies are planning on trying this out this weekend, you guys have any luck with this or still the same? A LVL unknown boss being Immune is just gr8 lol

Like things couldn't have gotten better! But thank for the heads up guys, appreciate it! :)
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Uh... heal, maybe it's an undead enemy like in Final Fantasy? I have no clue, lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pinkpeach - Lost City
    Pinkpeach - Lost City Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Only cast debuffs on it maybe?

Just a guess.
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    Nayiro - Sanctuary Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Maybe there's an item that you use to weaken it?

If not, try and attack it, maybe that's a glitch.

Also, where is this?
    Back.
  • Onishi - Heavens Tear
    Onishi - Heavens Tear Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    He's talking about the rebirth quest, I believe that's an instance from spiritual disciples or something. I've attempted it unsuccessfully also, and seen that boss. From what I've seen the mobs come in waves, IE wave of mobs then wave with boss, short break, another wave of mobs, with another boss, and your goal is to protect someone, while everything went by waay to fast and crazy for me to keep track of when I did it, I think the Devastator boss, appears if you fail to keep the person your protecting alive, and yeah it's pretty much confirmed that immune to damage = just plain can't be hurt, by anything.
  • thom
    thom Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    This is a nice instance,they just need to fix that damn bug which teleports people out.

Easiest fix would be to add an option to the npc to teleport back in when kicked out to town.

On that boss,maybe you took too long to kill it? I read somewhere there's 10-15min timelimit for those bosses to kill.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThommiX - Harvest Leader

8x Barbarian

-Lost city-
  • Klath - Sanctuary
    Klath - Sanctuary Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Ok, let me explain what exactly is the bug, because this thread isnt explaining it at all and could even be helpful to the GMs to fix it.
    Rebirth has 2 "rooms", one is where the monsters spawn and you fight (Battle Room), and another is where you have the forges (Briefing Room), pillars to leave and return to "Battle Room", and the chests with celebeans, also is where you respawn if you die anywhere on the game.
    What happens here is, if you die on the "Yellow Light", the respawn position, you get warped to 1000-streams city, this can happen on 2 ways:
    1) You got ganged and many monsters attacked you at the same time, the damage will "delay"and you get killed a second time after being warped for dying, so you die twice effectively, and the second time you are inside the respawn point.
    2) You messed with the lanterns monsters on the "Briefing Room" and they killed you, you will respawn, they will chase after you and will kill you again, if they kill you inside the respawn area (yellow light), you get warped to 1000-streams.

The ways i see to fix the problem are:
    1) Dont automatically respawn the player that dies on Battle Room. This would fix the problem with "dual-death".
    2) Make the Respawn Area as Safe Zone (a real one), so the lanters cant kill you there. Not sure how this could be done.
    3) Make it so the Respawn Area wont warp you to 1000streams if you die inside it, but this could lead the player to die many times without having a chance to click on the pillars to warp out.

EDIT
    Oh right, i forgot, there is a way to return inside, but wont be much helpful at all since the place will be flooded with monsters and you will just keep dying, but someone might find it useful to know.
    The instance doesnt reset if everyone is warped out, the squad must be completely disbanded for it to work, meaning you can still collect 6 orders, talk to spiritual disciple and get everyone outside warped in, the person who does that must have the 6 orders with him (you could just have everyone carry 6 orders) and be the squad leader. That way everyone warped out can return inside and keep helping those who got kicked out.
  • Shikyura - Sanctuary
    Shikyura - Sanctuary Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    yes i feel proud to be a part of that expierment...where we got shoved out and mauled in the face going back in and i lured everything to the harpy girl and she died XD...well...(was told that)>..i decided to AOE everything around it and got killed first :D

(yes i was in the same rebirth order as Klath when we found this all out...after our WB got killed attacking a lantern like an idiot..then got killed at the respawn point)
  • Notbad - Heavens Tear
    Notbad - Heavens Tear Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    There is no death bug in Rebirth Order when you start the quest you each get a amount of tickets and that ticket teleports you to the other room when you die, when all the tickets are gone, then you will be teleported out of the game and into thousand stream. As for the boss when monsters have immune to dmg on it its most likely you'll have to use an item in order to kill it like nein in north archo. But if you find out how to kill it plz tell me cause i do Ribirth too to b:victory.
    b:shedtearb:infuriatedb:irritated
    b:sleep
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Baby theres no other super star you know that i'll be..Listening to lady gaga b:laugh
  • Klath - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    Options
    There is no death bug in Rebirth Order
    You mean...
    There is no death bug in Rebirth Order anymore
    Right?
  • Notbad - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    Options
    oh i was wrong about the ticket thing srry about that b:coldb:embarrass, it does kick you out for no reason but i asked one of my guild mates and they say that they just kick out randomly, but if it is a bug the gms should fix it becasue i want to get tome fragments
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Baby theres no other super star you know that i'll be..Listening to lady gaga b:laugh
  • Klath - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    Options
    It doesnt kick "randomly", i already explain how it occurs on another topic (taking delayed hits after being killed when many monsters attack at same time, making you die on respawn area), and explained possible ways to counter the issue.
    The GMs never replied.
  • hangmansjoke
    hangmansjoke Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    well, besides the bugs in the rebirth order quest...with a good party it is still possible to protect your mob from the waves of monsters coming...but i expierienced the same problem with "Devastator".
    It has "immune to all damage" and nothing i tried worked.
    and it is definitly no joke...if u try to hit it...u are a one-hit victim...so there must be another way to do it...if anyone ever beats this punk, please tell how u have done it.
  • Notbad - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    is that one of those 1st bosses inside it for lvl 55 and below its mori xD but you mean 1 hit like it kills you or i won't do anything
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LostKiller - Heavens Tear
    LostKiller - Heavens Tear Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Hi guyz/gals,

Ok, I was doing rebirth and like the first mob that came i used my Dragon Breath! and then suddenly my screen showed a monster name ??? and then immune to damage. And then when the mob died!! it went away! but there was no monster liket aht waslik like a bug! as for ur case! you'l have dev. so i think like if dmg does not work! y not try to pull it into gods eyes ? i am just asking and this could be a suggestion! IDK! liek cause i think its evil/undead and gods eye = pure and holy and we all know we get a 50% dmg recieve deduction when we are in gods eye! so i think its worth a shot to pull him to gods eye!... wht do you'l think?
  • Notbad - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Hi guyz/gals,

Ok, I was doing rebirth and like the first mob that came i used my Dragon Breath! and then suddenly my screen showed a monster name ??? and then immune to damage. And then when the mob died!! it went away! but there was no monster liket aht waslik like a bug! as for ur case! you'l have dev. so i think like if dmg does not work! y not try to pull it into gods eyes ? i am just asking and this could be a suggestion! IDK! liek cause i think its evil/undead and gods eye = pure and holy and we all know we get a 50% dmg recieve deduction when we are in gods eye! so i think its worth a shot to pull him to gods eye!... wht do you'l think?

Thats a good idea i know it had to be something to kill it in a way hope it worksb:beg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aiken269
    aiken269 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    concerning the devastator boss: i would also theorize that a veno in foxform could possibly use purge to debuff it for a time, as the immunity shows as a bonus ability...
  • TameThat - Sanctuary
    TameThat - Sanctuary Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    This is Devastator information (taken from pwdatabase.com/pwi) :

Life : 10000000
    Physical Attack : 1000000 - 2000000
    Physical Defense : 100000
    Magic Defence : 1000000

If you came up upon this boss you most probably did something wrong.
    ~~~ My Guides ~~~

Mystical Tome (h ttp://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=250862)
    AOE Grinding with Venomancer (h ttp://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Guide_to_AOE_Grinding_With_Venomancer)
  • Notbad - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    guys when i did rebirth order with my friends yesterday well the boss wan'st immune to dmg so the gms must of fixed it when they did that emergncy thing thats awsome xD so now you can kill the boss and also someone should make a rebirth order chat room xD for easy teams
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Notbad - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Btw my friend found out taht if you stay in god's eye you take half dmg for monsters so that + cleric+absorb thing=immune xD btw charms make it much easier =P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Notbad - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options

If you came up upon this boss you most probably did something wrong.

well that just sucks for you if you got to kill that b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ufcuban
    ufcuban Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    for the boss immune to damage maybe its a penalty for sumthing and if not i say just keep debuffing it till one works,
  • Istarwyn - Sanctuary
    Istarwyn - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    If the devastator is there...you failed to protect your npc (Harpy Wraith).

Either mobs slipped through and killed it or the time to kill the boss ran out. Either way the rb is over.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    If the devastator is there...you failed to protect your npc (Harpy Wraith).

Either mobs slipped through and killed it or the time to kill the boss ran out. Either way the rb is over.
    This >_>
    Seriously ya'll need to pay attention to the timer or what the objective is
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    so BrimTooth I guess you just need to pay more attention to keep the devastator away. xD
    b:thanks

and as for how me know who you are.... me don't know. O.o' b:shocked
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kott - Sanctuary
    Kott - Sanctuary Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I think in gamma Devastetor only appears if you timed out on a boss & didn't kill it in time - in other words GAME OVER b:surrender

Are you sure you're killing bosses in time or protected the Harpy from mobs & she's still alive?

Omg... don't WBs only have 4mil hp?
  • Nytelll - Dreamweaver
    Nytelll - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    everyone the god's eye is immune he just sits there when u make it through all the waves you win. the is just there to inflict more aoe damage to you thats all. he doesn't die...
    Nytelll Dreamweaver (65 Cleric) pm me ingame for RB Beta always open
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    2 nercros in one thread? Impressive.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye