Help with manufacturing!

sh4d0wx
sh4d0wx Posts: 2 Arc User
edited November 2008 in Cleric
I recently started PW and have a level 5 Cleric xD but plan to be a full ATK Cleric and I was wondering what manufacturing trade I should be =o Please tell me your opinions/advice and you're reasons for them ^.^ Thanks :D
Post edited by sh4d0wx on

Comments

• Amiris - Sanctuary
    Amiris - Sanctuary Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Apothecary and Blacksmith, imo.
    Apothecary for the absolutely awesome Jade Powder and such, because you WILL go through a lot of mana at later lvls.
    Blacksmith because as an FAC, you need all the boosts you can get, and making improved weapons does just that.
    If possible,try to get some tailor as well, but that's not that necessary until later. A good full attack cleric hardly gets hit, and if he/she gets hit by a mob, it's time to switch to kiting or Wield thunder.
    Never get Craftsman.
    This is coming from a lvl 40 Full Attack Cleric, still in training ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Credit to Symour for the signature.
    Amiris is my forum character. My actual main is Andralia.
    1,000 posts as of 10/01/09, which was also my birthday!
  • sh4d0wx
    sh4d0wx Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Oh ok thanks ^.^
  • Enzi - Heavens Tear
    Enzi - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    This is very simmular to what I was going to ask except I'm more of a support cleric.
  • spiritscollector
    spiritscollector Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    i am a full atk too ...
    i go for blacksmith and tailor .. its dman important
  • xlovex
    xlovex Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    tailor is sort of worthless

reasons?

1) its -really- really rare that you'll get all 5 elemental resists on something you'll make
    2) stars on armor really won't help too much, which is the main reason for making it yourself
    3) you're better off buying socket stones if you really want sockets on your armor. but then again, sockets aren't terribly useful.

blacksmithing is much better, as its fairly easy to get enough mats to always make a 2* weapon (at least) for your level.

craftsman is also much better, as you can get some nice 2* phys resist necklace/belts, and 2* magic rings, which often have a built in mag bonus too. and no pesky resists to worry about ^_~ (unless you want to make ele resist trinkets...which i can't imagine why)

and apothecary is a given, you basically must get it. unless you like meditating.
  • Okami - Lost City
    Okami - Lost City Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Apothecary > Blacksmith > Tailoring > Craftsman
    Below 35, Craftsmanship is far more useful than tailoring, but above it, craftsmanship starts to be useless as you can get far better items from quests/ranks/drops. Tailoring is very useful. It doesn't matter if you get 4 resistances on an item, as long as the mods are very useful. A loss of 200-400 in something is like 1-2% more damage taken. That's like, 5 damage.
  • xlovex
    xlovex Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    oh i suppose you're right.

ps, make a veno (or another easy to level, low sp using, low money using class (basically veno =P)) to craft with.

um...you're already strapped for sp as a cleric, and its really really hard to scrounge up the thousands and tens of thousands of sp needed for the higher level crafting skills.