Need help with pulling!

Options
Felinesoulja - Sanctuary
Felinesoulja - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
edited November 2008 in Venomancer
I know i look like i can use my pets for pulling since i am lv 44, but today, i just suicide my whole party in fb 29 becuase i didn't know how to pull . . . and the lv 29 warrior called me a newb, and i know i am becuase of wut i did, so anyone can give me tips?b:cry
Post edited by Felinesoulja - Sanctuary on

Comments

• fuzzles
    fuzzles Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    It's simple.

Just order your pet to attack a mob, then as soon as it hits it, unsummon your pet. That'll bring the beastie, and that one alone, directly at you.

And you strike me as the kinda person who doesn't know this either: get yourself a golem before its too late. It's better than whatever wolf you're most likely parading around with these days.
    Everyone here is ridiculously oversensitive.
  • Felinesoulja - Sanctuary
    edited November 2008
    Options
    lol, i have a golem, its a volcanic one, and thnx vm i never knew that i had to unsummon 0.o
    edited November 2008
    Options
    jw, would a long range mob be good for pulling? that way it can die and i can summon my golem to do extra dmg
  • Pidanber - Heavens Tear
    Pidanber - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    I doubt a long range mob is able to do pulling. It will cost all mob crowded there to attack you...
    Same like for Archer. An archer is unable to do pulling too, even though they have long range attack skill. It will cause the mob to attack the party. So I doubt it will works...

Correct me if I'm wrong =)
  • Aenil - Heavens Tear
    Aenil - Heavens Tear Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    You're wrong. :P The reason that only one mob is pulled with Veno luring is because you only attacked that one mob. The other mobs only see the pet. But the mob your pet attacked knows you sent your pet after it, so it comes after you.
  • Vaelissa - Heavens Tear
    Vaelissa - Heavens Tear Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    I suggest having a faster pet around for pulling/luring, the golem is just plain slow and will often take a lot of damage in the process.
  • haku
    haku Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    jw, would a long range mob be good for pulling? that way it can die and i can summon my golem to do extra dmg

I've never tried it myself, but I've read that some venos do use long range pets for pulling. Why do u want your pet to die?b:question If your luring pet is too fragile to tank you can do it this way: send a long range pet or a fast pet to hit the mob, unsummon the pet, then summon your golem, wait for the mob to walk a safe distance away from other mobs, then fire at will.

also, you may want to hot-key your pet icons (from your pet menu) for faster summoning/unsummoning.
    edited November 2008
    Options
    haku wrote: »
    I've never tried it myself, but I've read that some venos do use long range pets for pulling. Why do u want your pet to die?b:question If your luring pet is too fragile to tank you can do it this way: send a long range pet or a fast pet to hit the mob, unsummon the pet, then summon your golem, wait for the mob to walk a safe distance away from other mobs, then fire at will.

also, you may want to hot-key your pet icons (from your pet menu) for faster summoning/unsummoning.

well, i don't want it to die, but if the pet is vulnerable, then y not make the sacrifice? well, thats how i c it.
  • Kittychan - Heavens Tear
    Kittychan - Heavens Tear Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    However, if your pet dies, the mob will come straight for you. Why should it have to die if you can just unsummon it and resummon another..?
    edited November 2008
    Options
    However, if your pet dies, the mob will come straight for you. Why should it have to die if you can just unsummon it and resummon another..?

dunno, maybe cuz its weak 0.o
  • haku
    haku Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    umm...I'm not sure if you fully understand what is expected of you when you are asked to pull. What you are basically doing is separating a single mob from a group of agro mobs or a group of linked mobs, so that your party can fight them one at a time instead of three or more at a time.

You will send one pet to attack a mob, but you yourself and your party members must not attack the mob or try to heal your pet. A group of mobs may start attacking your pet, but only the one that your pet hit will run towards you when you unsummon the pet. When the mob is far enough away from other mobs, your party then can start attacking it without aggroing other mobs. You may summon another pet, any of your pets, doesn't have to be the one that hit the mob, to tank/attack for you at this point. After the mob is dead, you lure another, then another, then another in the same method untill your party finishes the quest.

People will not only expect you to know how to pull, but also to be able to pull quickly and efficiently. Your fast/ranged pet will only have to survive long enough to hit a mob ONCE. It's up to you to unsummon it fast enough to reduce the damage to the pet, and so that the mob can start walking to you. A good party can kill the mob in seconds and your fast/ranged pet should be on it merry way to the next mob. If the pet is too weak and dies shortly after hitting the mob, then it's not good for pulling cuz you will loose time and mana resurrecting it. If your pet is so weak that it dies before it can hit the target mob, then it's useless for pulling. So if your ranged pet is weak, then I suggest you either level it up or get a faster/stronger pet to pull instead of wasting you and your party's time on it.
  • xlovex
    xlovex Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    I have a question about pulling.

I click the enemy.

I click "attack" on the pet bar.

It walks forward, hits it once, I see the hp bar go down, and I unsummon.

Then I resummon.

Now for some reason, the mob starts walking towards me (successful pull) only some of the time.

i've noticed that some of the casting mobs generally don't pull well.

I'm not really sure if this is a bug, or I'm doing something wrong.

On some mobs, I can pull 100% of the time. On others, maybe only 25% of the time.

Are some mobs not supposed to be pullable?

Am I unsummoning too fast/slow?

Any help would be appreciated =)
  • Shaneekwa - Sanctuary
    Shaneekwa - Sanctuary Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    After you attack a mob then stow your pet the mob will go for you, that why after you stow your pet you summon it again quickly and have it attack the mob again. But this time the mob is isolated by itself.

As far as the mobs not being pulled, I've seen this happen as well but it has always been because I was a little to far away. Try getting just a little closer but not to close as to let the mob get to you before you can summon your pet again successively.

Hope that helps
  • Just_cool - Lost City
    Just_cool - Lost City Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    might be helpful b:victory Pulling Guide
    IGN: JusT_CooL
    Server: Lost City
    Guild: ex-Conqueror

Follow the example of good GMing :D
    [SIGPIC]http://photos1.hi5.com/0044/475/618/k97TDv475618-02.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Shaneekwa - Sanctuary
    Shaneekwa - Sanctuary Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    There ya go just_cool.
    I thought there was one but since I couldn't remember where it was I didn't mention it.
    They should really sticky that if its not already.
  • Just_cool - Lost City
    edited November 2008
    Options
    well, that thread is included in Venomancer F.A.Q.
    and i remember it cause i've posted it b:chuckle mihai = meb:victory

• Just_cool - Lost City
    edited November 2008
    Options
    xlovex wrote: »
    I have a question about pulling.

I click the enemy.

I click "attack" on the pet bar.

It walks forward, hits it once, I see the hp bar go down, and I unsummon.

Then I resummon.

Now for some reason, the mob starts walking towards me (successful pull) only some of the time.

i've noticed that some of the casting mobs generally don't pull well.

I'm not really sure if this is a bug, or I'm doing something wrong.

On some mobs, I can pull 100% of the time. On others, maybe only 25% of the time.

Are some mobs not supposed to be pullable?

Am I unsummoning too fast/slow?

Any help would be appreciated =)
    it's hard to fail if u it in the right way,
    anyway, sometimes sh it happens,
    for example, i was in fb 19, we were all low lvls around 23 or so. and i tried to lure 2 mobs at the time... but don't know why, the boss came after me....

edited November 2008
    Options
    thnx all for the tips